• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dublin Nightlife

redzinner

Me Wants the Medianoche!
DD & I are Adventurers to Ireland in May, hopefully if our tour dates aren't canceled! It is only 4 weeks* away and I'm starting to get psyched.
For those of you who have done this tour in the past was there any free time to visit the Temple Bar district for a bit of nightlife during the stay in Dublin? We are going in a day early so maybe we could do it the first night. Any pub recommendations? Is the Westin close to the district?

4 weeks! You mean 4 months!

I am getting excited also but our ABD is in July. I did call a couple of weeks ago, and the cm told me that apart from the tour that was cancelled all the other tours were "right on track". He wouldn't elaborate on what that meant, but he did say it was unlikely that any other tours would be cancelled (no guarantees of course).

Good luck on your tour!

DD & I are Adventurers to Ireland in May, hopefully if our tour dates aren't canceled! It is only 4 weeks* away and I'm starting to get psyched.
For those of you who have done this tour in the past was there any free time to visit the Temple Bar district for a bit of nightlife during the stay in Dublin? We are going in a day early so maybe we could do it the first night. Any pub recommendations? Is the Westin close to the district?

First, let me tell you that you will have a blast on this trip. You will have some free time to explore Temple Bar and the nightlife of Dublin during your trip, of course, getting there a day early will give you that much more time.

From what I remember, most all the bars we went to were wonderful, but be prepared for most, if not all of them, to be packed. Some of them you hardly had any room to move around. Most all of them had live bands as well.

And don't worry about being too far away from Temple Bar during your stay at the Westin. You are literally right across the street from it.

Enjoy your trip.:thumbsup2

The Westin is very close to the Temple bar district (walk across the street). You will have plenty of time to visit the pubs at night. Bernie and I did this trip 2 yrs ago in Sept.and had a ball . It was an adult only trip with 12 people on it. We also did a long informative trip report on the boards. You will have a great time.
Debbie and Bernie

The Westin is very close to the Temple bar district (walk across the street). You will have plenty of time to visit the pubs at night. Bernie and I did this trip 2 yrs ago in Sept.and had a ball . It was an adult only trip with 12 people on it. We also did a long informative trip report on the boards. You will have a great time.
Debbie and Bernie

Thanks for the info Debbie. I'll do a search for your trip report. Are you and your DD still doing your Adventure this year?

We're meeting Grumpy-1 and Mary Ann at Epcot in February. Any chance you and Bernie will be in Orlando then? It would be great if we could get a group of our Viva Italia Adventurers and meet at WDW for a bit of fun!

We had alot of fun at The Auld Dubliner in Temple Bar!

I did call a couple of weeks ago, and the cm told me that apart from the tour that was cancelled all the other tours were "right on track". He wouldn't elaborate on what that meant, but he did say it was unlikely that any other tours would be cancelled (no guarantees of course).

Good luck on your tour!

This is good to hear. **fingers crossed!!**

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter