Dual Reservations

TexasErin

Loves old Pluto cartoons
DVC Silver
So we originally had a reservation late May, but moved everything to start July 10. Three nights at Gran Destino and then a week using DVC points at BLT.

Since July 10 was the last night of the Villains After Hours parties, we changed our reservation to start that night with booking three nights at Gran Destino booked through Dreams Unlimited. Then one night using DVC points at Riviera. Then six nights on points at BLT.

Of course subsequently we have found out that they are not opening until July 11, so that is the first issue with our reservation at Gran Destino. Now of course it looks like our reservation is further impacted with the NBA. We had been so looking forward to staying at Gran Destino!! I have been hesitant to cancel the reservation because we really wanted to get to try out the hotel after seeing the DIS Unplugged videos on it. Plus I want to contribute to Dreams Unlimited.

But we also rented some of our points through David’s DVC rental and I feel bad about not returning the money when those reservations were canceled, so I decided today that I probably should just go ahead and cancel the Gran Destino reservation and use that cash to pay back David’s. So I booked three nights at BWV today to replace our three nights at Gran Destino.

So I currently have reservations at BWV (on points) and Gran Destino through Dreams Unlimited. I feel guilty canceling my dreams unlimited reservation, but I also want to pay back David’s DVC even though they aren’t just refunding money back to the renters. I will give some extra money to Patreon so that I am still supporting the DIS.

Anyway, sorry for my long drawn out story. I guess my question is should I go ahead and cancel the Gran Destino reservation before Disney realizes I have two reservations scheduled at the same time?

Just make sure the guests on your BWV points stay are different right now than Grand D and you can hang on to it until you need to cancel.

Honestly, I have held more than one for the same night and just reverse guests order as we sometimes double book a night when doing a solit stay so we are not “homeless”

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter