DU agent, what would you do?

Disneybridewifemama

DIS Veteran
We have used a travel agent for 3 of our 4 cruises. I’m really not a fan of the one we always get assigned. Every time I submit a request for quote I always end up re routed back to the same agent. I’ve even tried specifically requesting a different agent but always end up re routed back to the same lady. She takes forever to get back to me on questions and made our place holder last year a nightmare.
But I don’t know what to do about it. I would really love to try a different agent for our upcoming cruise but I’m afraid about how to go about it. I don’t want to get anyone in “trouble” by requesting them to be removed from our account but I would really love someone more friendly and accessible.
But I’m afraid if I upset someone, they’ll mess with our reservation and screw us on things like our waitlist for main dining or our request to be linked with family that’s traveling in the same cruise, etc.
what would you do?

As uncomfortable as it may be, I think if you want to keep using DU and not have the same agent, you're going to have to tell them you're not will to work with the current one assigned to you anymore. I would assume they have some protocol about leaving returning customers with agents they've previously worked with.

can I ask what made you switch?

Just wasn’t impressed when we used the tag from du. Similar long response time and the most frustrating was the lack of assistance when I asked about things like dining reservations I was basically rebuffed. It didn’t serve our needs. We found another ta who is able to serve our needs the way we need. But I have seen the owner of du be very responsive when others have had problems so I know he can and will help if someone reached out to him.

We have used a travel agent for 3 of our 4 cruises. I’m really not a fan of the one we always get assigned. Every time I submit a request for quote I always end up re routed back to the same agent. I’ve even tried specifically requesting a different agent but always end up re routed back to the same lady. She takes forever to get back to me on questions and made our place holder last year a nightmare.
But I don’t know what to do about it. I would really love to try a different agent for our upcoming cruise but I’m afraid about how to go about it. I don’t want to get anyone in “trouble” by requesting them to be removed from our account but I would really love someone more friendly and accessible.
But I’m afraid if I upset someone, they’ll mess with our reservation and screw us on things like our waitlist for main dining or our request to be linked with family that’s traveling in the same cruise, etc.
what would you do?

I went through something similar with DU the one time I used them as my travel agency. The TA was very nice, but her communication was horrible. I, too, did not want to get anyone in trouble, so I asked her (not management) to switch me to a new agent. She apologized and readily made the switch to another TA with no fuss.

I don’t know if there really was an official switch “on the books”, or if her friend just covered for her as a favor (I guess it doesn’t really matter), but I had no issues after that.

You are not the first person, nor will you be the last, who has asked to switch their TA. DU is a solid business run by professionals. I sincerely doubt anyone there would act (or be allowed to act) so petty and vindictive as to sabotage parts of your vacation just because you asked for a different agent.

And in the unlikely event that did happen, I am confident you could reach out to John directly, and he would make things right. He is a class act.

You are not the first person, nor will you be the last, who has asked to switch their TA. DU is a solid business run by professionals. I sincerely doubt anyone there would act (or be allowed to act) so petty and vindictive as to sabotage parts of your vacation just because you asked for a different agent.

And in the unlikely event that did happen, I am confident you could reach out to John directly, and he would make things right. He is a class act.

I agree with all of this.

I’ve chosen to not use DU at all because I don’t do the “quotes” thing. I want to book. And the one time I tried to use them they never responded to my “quote request” until I wrote back saying never mind.

So I use costcotravel.com. I book directly through their Disney portal and get something monetary for using them.

But I’ve seen the DU owner respond here really wanting feedback, and he seems very nice.

Typically, I just book everything direct (straight from Disney, through Costco, etc) because I can get on and make all of the arrangements (I don't like to go "through" someone). This time, we are traveling with my family (a party of 15) and we went through a TA to save everyone's sanity. In that aspect it has made everything simple for us- and my mom (whom I love dearly) isn't driving anyone nuts with travel prep questions.

If you don't like your TA, send the owner a message and tell him you want to switch. Otherwise, I would consider just booking your trip yourself, especially since you are 4 cruises in. ;)

Typically, I just book everything direct (straight from Disney, through Costco, etc) because I can get on and make all of the arrangements (I don't like to go "through" someone). This time, we are traveling with my family (a party of 15) and we went through a TA to save everyone's sanity. In that aspect it has made everything simple for us- and my mom (whom I love dearly) isn't driving anyone nuts with travel prep questions.

If you don't like your TA, send the owner a message and tell him you want to switch. Otherwise, I would consider just booking your trip yourself, especially since you are 4 cruises in. ;)

We tried a TA for a portion of our Orlando trip this spring and it didn’t work out. We ended up cancelling and rebooking ourselves. Nothing against the TA she was good to work with and get ahold of but I really didn’t like not being able to make changes myself.

I only use a travel agent for the sake of a room credit, every little bit of savings helps. Lol

Does anyone know how I contact the owner to switch?

what would you do?

Please write to me at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel,com and I will be happy to assist you.

Don't worry about getting your current agent in trouble, that will not happen. Sometimes we find the agent/client relationship doesn't work and a different agent may be more your 'style'.

I assure you that no one will do anything negative to your reservation if you switch agents.

Thanks in advance for letting me help you with this.

You should never worry about getting someone in trouble. This is business. You are paying a lot of money and expect a level of service. If an agent can't do it then you should be free to find someone else. That's business. If you speak up now there is a better chance you will find someone who will be a great asset for years to come.

what would you do?

I wouldn't worry about getting anyone in trouble. You are doing them a disservice if you don't air your complaints. Most business owners want to know when something is wrong so they can have an opportunity to fix it. In this case, the fix is pretty simple - working with another agent. You may get along with one agent better than others.

It's not in their interest to mess up your booking if you decide to go elsewhere. They already have you as a dissatisfied customer, they do not want to give you more reason to voice your complaint elsewhere.
Make your complaint known and let them know. How else is it ever going to improve?
You are not helping yourself now, but you are also not helping DU or the agent.

We had an agent we absolutely loved to work with at DU. We had a cruise scheduled through her. She then decided to pursue a different opportunity and we were rerouted to an agent the we struggled with to the point I scheduled my own Disney world trip instead of having to deal with her anymore than I had to with the cruise. When we decided to take a trip to Disneyland I really wanted to use an agent since I didn’t know Disneyland. We emailed Kevin and explained the situation. He was absolutely great about getting us to a new agent. We now have our cruise and a Disneyland trip scheduled for this year with an agent that communicates with us and follows through.

Definitely talk to the folks at DU. Sometimes personalities just don’t mesh. They will get you to someone that works for you. Good luck!

I wanted to know what I should expect of an agent. I'm worried my expectations are too high.

For example - how to communicate (phone, email), response time, other help they provide.

Thanks! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter