DtD The Void

allgrownup

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this? My daughter in law is offering to buy us tickets, I know my grandson and daughter will love it, but should I give it a go?
I have trouble with certain rides, don't do roller coasters or teacups. I did Tower of Terror once about 9 years ago...........Never again. :)
I get a bit queasy on Soarin', back when it was over California.

What say any of you who have experienced The Void?
Thanks in advance!
EDIT:
My question is specific to the Virtual Reality experience in Downtown Disney, known as The Void. :)

Last edited:
Go! You can ride the train around the park and see so much while you relax. You can do the same on the monorail. Ask to sit up front on the monorail. I loved it. A trip around the river on the Mark Twain is nice too. There is entertainment everywhere. Go and relax.

Yes, you should go. It's a great family memory and you'll have a good time even if you don't indulge in every ride. I'm somewhat the same way and wont do everything. Gives me a great chance to people watch and maybe even sneak an ice cream.. pixiedust:
I think she's asking specifically about the Star Wars virtual reality thing in DTD (The Void).

I've heard from others who get motion sickness that the Void was actually fine for them, but of course, YMMV.

You should definitely go to Disneyland! You will love the Peter Pan ride.

Just kidding. I read your question but wanted to give a nonsense answer, too.
^^^^^^^
Best answer yet! I think I shall indeed give the Peter Pan ride a go. But should I avoid the Void, or should I void the ticket offer???

I have done the Void 3 times now, twice in DL and once in DW and its a blast. some people get disoriented due to your brain and eyes not accepting whats being displayed in front of you but its really immersive. Any star wars fan who doesnt easily get motion sickness would enjoy it

27173848_10155973711010561_4904258916587391718_o.jpg

I have done the Void 3 times now, twice in DL and once in DW and its a blast. some people get disoriented due to your brain and eyes not accepting whats being displayed in front of you but its really immersive. Any star wars fan who doesnt easily get motion sickness would enjoy it

So this sounds like I should not.
Like I stated in the original post, it would be great for two of our party, and I am trying to determine if I could do it. :)

So this sounds like I should not.
Like I stated in the original post, it would be great for two of our party, and I am trying to determine if I could do it. :)

My sons and husband did it but they have no issues with any of the rides in Disneyland and most rides they have tried at other theme parks. I avoided the experience because I was worried how I would feel knowing that I don't feel great after certain ride experiences. For example, Guardians made me light-headed and unfocused feeling for a while afterwards, and Space Mountain makes me feel like I'm about to have a migraine for a while following. So instead of me going, they took my husband's step-father. He is in his late 60s and loved thrill rides throughout his life. He loves 3D movies and Soarin' and doesn't have any issues with those experiences. However, he doesn't do so well with roller coasters anymore. He hasn't gotten physically ill but complains a lot these days after roller coasters about how wonky he feels and most of the time avoids them now. Last time he tried Screamin' it did him in...pretty much the same with Space. He can do Guardians and rode it twice the day after doing The Void, but he did complain a lot after the second time that he thinks he just can't do this type of thing anymore. The Void itself he thought was an awesome experience, but he did report that the beginning of the experience was uncomfortable to him and hard to adjust to. He experienced disorientation and nausea early on. He was able to adjust and get into the experience and said he was feeling better by the end, and he seemed perfectly fine the rest of the day afterwards. He did not go into the parks with us that afternoon (by previous plan) so didn't follow the experience up with any other rides that day. He said he would definitely try a VR experience like that again even if it made him feel a bit out of sorts initially.

where is this located in downtown Disney and how much is it?

https://www.thevoid.com/locations/anaheim

It's $35 per person. They say it's 30 minutes but really it's only about 15 because part of that time is getting your suit on, your equipment, etc. Most reviews on Yelp say it's worth the $$. Four people go at a time, so if you have a group of 4 you're not with anyone you don't know.

It's in DTD by Catal/Uva Bar.

We did it at WDW - Disney Springs in February at the beginning of our trip and loved it so much we did it again at the end of the trip. It is SO WORTH the money if you even sorta like Star Wars or video games. The first time we were group of 3, the second time a group of 2 and they let us do it without adding to our party.

It did take me a moment to get my eye/hand coordination synced up in my brain, but after that it was amazing. My SO has some trouble with roller coasters and motion ride, but he had no problems with this.

Kids do have to have an adult with them, so someone will need to go with your grandson.

I get motion sickness fairly easily. I can do CA Screaming once, but then no more coasters for a few hours. I can't do Star Tours, Space Mountain, or anything that spins (even slowly).

I had NO problem at all with the VOID. It was very fun and I would do it again.

I think i am going to tell her to go ahead and buy the tickets. I might be able to convince myself to go, and if not, the other two will have a total blast!
Thank you all. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!