DS has had a really good couple of weeks! UPDATE!

Liz

Make a miracle!
Can I brag for a sec?!

A couple of weeks ago my DS had band competition. He chose to play a duet with his best friend. Both of them are drummers. Well the night before this he was playing basketball and jammed his finger really bad. By morning it was swollen like a hot dog and discolored but he knew his friend was counting on him to do his part. They both did a great job and got a "1" (the best) from the judges. But that's not all! They are 9th graders competing against 10th, 11th & 12th graders. DS and his friend came in 2nd overall in the percussion category!! Last year in jr. high he came in 2nd but we didn't even think it was a possibility this year since he's in high school now competing against kids with much more experience!

Then tonight he had his Eagle scout board of review and passed with flying colors! They have to submit his paperwork now but when it comes back in about 4 weeks we'll be able to have his award ceremony! So glad he's reached this goal!!! It has been tough but worth it!!!

Thanks for letting me brag!

Liz,
Congratulations to your son on both accomplishments!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

He must be a very good drummer!

And of course you know I am thrilled about him passing his Eagle Scout Board of Review! My DS went before the Eagle Scout board of Review two weeks ago and also passed!

When are you planning to have his ceremony? We're looking at the very end of June.

Again, please tell your DS that I am very proud of him!
(What was his Eagle Scout project?)

Liz, congrats to your DS on his percussion award!

Pam and Liz, that's wonderful that your DS's have both made Eagle Scout!:bounce: It is a tremendous accomplishment and quite an honor for them.

Pam, his project was building a brick barbeque at a large complex where people waiting for transplants and people receiving chemo treatments can stay for little or no cost. This place is mainly used by people from out of town who need to be close to the hospital. The barbeque is being used by the residents of the houses and also they use it for big fundraising dinners they have there a couple of times a year! Doing something for this place was a perfect fit for our family since my DD had a heart transplant! What was your son's project? Don't know yet when we're having our ceremony. CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR SON TOO PAM!!!

Liz,
That was a wonderful project!! And you are right - it's so fitting.

DS and the other Scouts built 6 park benches and created an outdoor seating amphitheater for the community park on a hillside. Each summer the park hosts weekly concerts but they didn't have any seating. DS also got permission from the borough and the park directors to name the Amphitheater after the late Mayor who lost his battle with cancer in 2000. The mayor was a merit badge counselor for my son on the swimming merit badge and had also worked with my son and other Scouts when they were Webelos with their Aquanat badge.

Congratulations to your DS!!! Sounds like wonderful accomplishments!!!

Yesterday my DS went to region band competition and got another "1"! Now they move on to state on 4/12! Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAHOO!!!!! Congratulations to your son!!!

What a great honor to have earned the rank of Eagle Scout. I've watched two of my brothers work hard to get there. I admire them very much. (Parents too...I saw how much work my mom put in!!!!) And a perfect project too.

Insert a Cub Scout "round of applause" here!!!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter