Drunk Mickey shirts — inappropriate??

Shruthi Murali

Earning My Ears
My brother and I have these hilarious shirts that we want to wear to Epcot. It’s a shirt of Mickey Mouse holding a beer and looking quite inebriated... will this be a problem at Epcot?? I don’t want to cause any issues with a CM or while I’m going through security!

The real questions are;
Is it inappropriate? Of course it's inappropriate, but my guess is that's why you want to wear it.
Will Disney kick you out or make you change it? I wish, but they probably won't. It's the risk you take though.

I don’t think they will kick you out, but it’s a very tacky and inappropriate idea. I mean if you want to draw attention to yourselves as young and stupid and don’t mind the glares and comments you’ll get from some people (and not just people with kids), then I guess go for it. But I would strongly recommend using slightly better judgement and if you really want to wear those shirts wear them to jelly rolls.

Meh. It's so not a big deal. Not what I would wear, but just a nothing thing.

I think any glares or comments you might get are FAR worse than the shirts themselves.

To answer your question...it will not be a problem if your concern is with CM's or security. I wouldn't wear it but as long as it's not explicit in language or sexual nature, I wouldn't pay it any attention. Then again, I'm also from SE Wisconsin and alcohol is such a part of life here.

I'll throw in my 2 cents.
I think it's not a great idea. You might find it funny, I don't. I'm sure some people will find it funny, some people won't. Ultimately it's up to you what you wear, you're a grown Man and you can wear what you want BUT even thought it is EPCOT you must remember that WDW is a FAMILY place, so would you wear this shirt normally around so many children? Probably not, so why at EPCOT?

There might be a chance that they will not allow you to wear it. Disney is kind of sensitive about showing their characters, especially Mickey, in a bad light like that, least of all walking around their parks. It is not good show. I think that it is inappropriate to wear something like that at the parks. Why would you want to portray Mickey in that way to the kids going to see him? Not cool man.

Sounds like the majority of the PP have not seen some of the early shorts Walt produced. There were several that showed inebriated characters. While Walt didn’t want alcohol at DL he certainly was no stranger to having a cocktail and certainly didn’t preach Puritan views. I’m not one to say what would Walt think but a part of me thinks that he might get a chuckle out of it.

il_570xN.1836075863_s7ix.jpg

I think something like this is fine.

Based on the shirts that came up when I googled "Drunk Mickey Shirt", I'm going to go ahead and guess what you're thinking of is wildly inappropriate for a family setting.

hqdefault.jpg

I say wear it. If a CM has an issue with the shirt, simply turn it inside out.

I just returned from a trip to Universal, Disney Springs, and golfing in Florida.
I have no idea what anyone else was wearing....too busy having fun with my family and didn't concern myself with others!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!