drops in Pirates and star tours

Well , I guess , I am oficalty done with Disney, i regret the deluxe pass .
I was ok the whole day and ready to try the star tours . As soon as I was in the line I got nervous , I asked 1 cm , be said its almost 90 degree each way , so good I didn't ride it , i would get scared for sure not expecting it.

I'm sorry your going through this. Someone very close to me has suffered with anxiety for many years and I have seen how difficult it can make life seem. One thing that has helped for her is giving up sugar and gluten as well as daily exercise. I agree with you that many of the medications do not work long term for many and often cause many other problems. If you have not tried the diet and exercises approach I urge you to give it a try. Good luck and God bless.

Well , I guess , I am oficalty done with Disney, i regret the deluxe pass .
I was ok the whole day and ready to try the star tours . As soon as I was in the line I got nervous , I asked 1 cm , be said its almost 90 degree each way , so good I didn't ride it , i would get scared for sure not expecting it.

I am not an expert on the engineering of Star Tours, but I'm pretty sure it does not pitch 90 degrees. It is not even close to that. If it were it would require shoulder restraints. It only has a lap belt. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't see it pitching more than 45 degrees or so.

Hopefully you can try again. Best wishes.

https://www.starwars.com/news/imagineering-star-tours-part-3-visual-effects-and-disney-magic

Two quick excerpts:

"The new flight simulators could only do so much, only go up or down about 15 degrees, so the ride-film had to exaggerate the motions of the Starspeeder 3000 and do most of the work for the attraction."

-----

"But the motion of the simulator could be deceptive. Sometimes, when the Starspeeder was meant to feel as though it was accelerating down, the simulator itself was actually tilting back to make guests feel as though G-forces were pressing them back into their seats. The magic of the movies had met the magic of Disney."

-----

And this is why I suggest learning how a ride works.

There aren't any actual drops in Star Tours, and you are never tilted 90 degrees forward.

I don't like rides with big drops, so I just don't go on them. I have never been on Incredicoaster. I've been on all the other thrill rides in the park (GOTG, Splash). If something causes you that much anxiety, don't go on it. There is so much else to do at DLR that you don't NEED to go on rides like that. I don't think the drops on POTC are all that bad, but I do understand if some do think that.

Stick to other exhibits or rides and you will be just fine.

For what it’s worth: I’m a ride wimp (I can’t even do the tea cups—spinning is harder for me than drops, actually; doesn’t help that my kids love going extra fast on those...), and I absolutely love Star Tours, no reservations whatsoever. So does my 10-year old, who refuses to even consider doing Pirates, Splash Mountain, or Guardians (the last one because it makes her feel nauseated rather than out of fear). She also refuses to ride Matterhorn because “the Yeti is scary,” but enjoys Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

She gave all of the rides that she doesn’t like one try each & decided NEVER AGAIN.

There are some passages on some of the Star Tours sequences that may SIMULATE a 90 degree angle movement (through the pictures shown on the screen), but nothing anywhere near that as far as seats’ tilting goes. If it gets too scary, you can always close your eyes, and all you will feel is your seat jerking & rattling around (so I wouldn’t recommend that ride to anybody with a neck injury).

hi all, making progress here, went to universal, did Simpsons, and it was a blast , after the 1st ride, I did the seconds one right away, also did Monion ,
still thinking about the start tours, so I have a question to you, is start tour ride just like simpsons and or Monion, or it is more crazy ?

hi all, making progress here, went to universal, did Simpsons, and it was a blast , after the 1st ride, I did the seconds one right away, also did Monion ,
still thinking about the start tours, so I have a question to you, is start tour ride just like simpsons and or Monion, or it is more crazy ?

In my estimation I would say Star Tours is much less intense than The Simpsons Ride. Star Tours only has a small screen at the front too, so it is not the huge IMAX dome for the video. I find that The Simpsons can make me a little queasy if I sit in the front as I think it has a greater axis of motion. I think you should try Star Tours for sure!

I'm so glad for you that you were able to go on The Simpsons Ride! Honestly, most stuff at Universal is a bit more intense than anything at Disney. I hope you can go give it another try.

Are you going with someone?? I ask because I don’t care for the drops in pirates either, but knowing when they occur and there are only two I hold on tight to my hubbys arm and brace myself with my feet on the floor board where it kind of tilts up from the floor. The drops don’t bother me anymore knowing that once they are over I can sit back and enjoy the magic of Disney! I too have a major anxiety, it’s awful. Have you tried CBD oil?? Lots of people I know have benefitted greatly with their anxiety.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!