Droid Depot or Savi's Workshop?

What do people do with their droids and sabers for the rest of the park? I presume there’s lockers by the front of the park?
The issue is the lightsabers often (as I understand it) won't fit in the lockers due to height. Many people actually send the droids/sabers to the front of the park at various stores like Droid Depot, First Order Cargo, Resistance Supply and other stores in the overall HS park. It does take about three hours before the items will be there so you can't pick them up until then, but I did this and my stuff was delivered to me in perfect condition without issue.

I didn't ride anything after making my droid I don't think. I also was staying at Caribbean Beach so I believe I did take the Skyliner back and put it in my room before venturing out for the night.

We are doing both. We are HUGE fans though. Based on my research, it seems that Savi's is the superior experience, but also comes at a premium price. Droids have a lot of accessory optiions that bump up the price there.

You can take both the droid and the lightsaber on rides. It might be cumbersome though. We plan on holding on to ours for a while and then sending to the front of the park for pickup.

Couple of questions.

does anyone have a photo of the INSIDE of the droid backpack? I'm a bag maker and was thinking I could make a bag to carry the droid in, but I understand there's a foam insert. I have no desire to make something that isn't going to keep it stable.

I'm also concerned about time. How long of a process does it take to do either experience (Lightsaber or Droid)

Finally, If my kid changes their mind can someone else in our party (like me) take over the reservation? even though the kids name is on it? so if they list kids name on the reservation, but mom is the one doing the build is that ok or does it have to match with the person whose name I put in to begin with? Does this make sense

We are going the first week of April and have booked the Droid experience. Now my son wants to do Savi's and of course there is not availability. For those of you who have done this already, do you know what likelihood there is of us just walking up and participating? I am checking the availability multiple times per day and will do that until we go, hoping someone cancels. Thank you!

Besides checking for cancellations, go to Savi’s at rope drop, if all else fails.

Couple of questions.

does anyone have a photo of the INSIDE of the droid backpack? I'm a bag maker and was thinking I could make a bag to carry the droid in, but I understand there's a foam insert. I have no desire to make something that isn't going to keep it stable.

I'm also concerned about time. How long of a process does it take to do either experience (Lightsaber or Droid)

Finally, If my kid changes their mind can someone else in our party (like me) take over the reservation? even though the kids name is on it? so if they list kids name on the reservation, but mom is the one doing the build is that ok or does it have to match with the person whose name I put in to begin with? Does this make sense
I'm building a droid tomorrow, if no one responds before then @Bethany10 I can take a picture of the inside and post here. :)

We are going the first week of April and have booked the Droid experience. Now my son wants to do Savi's and of course there is not availability. For those of you who have done this already, do you know what likelihood there is of us just walking up and participating? I am checking the availability multiple times per day and will do that until we go, hoping someone cancels. Thank you!
With the new hours for the first week in April, there's morning availability at Savi's now. :)

Is there a thread where we can show off our droid buddies we build? I did a quick search but didn't' see it and think it might be fun to see everyone's creations.

My own kids are totally excited to make droids and not really interested in the sabers at all. I think it's because we have all manner of different saber toys at home already, so a non-toy one seems less exciting to them.

I'm planning to build a saber later this year when my wife and I go. Are you able to have it shipped to your hotel afterward? Or will they only move it to a store at the front of the park?

I'm planning to build a saber later this year when my wife and I go. Are you able to have it shipped to your hotel afterward? Or will they only move it to a store at the front of the park?

If you are on property, yes, but you will not get it until the next day.

if you have it sent to the front it will take a few hours. Pick up on the left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts