Driving to AK in the Morning?

NRW2016

Mouseketeer
Hey all!

We have an early reservation for breakfast one morning at Animal Kingdom. If we head over around 715a, will we get to park up close in the parking lot? Last year, we drove to HS early one morning and they were parking the first cars near the end of the parking lot with no tram to take you to the front. I've heard their is Premier parking (but you have to pay for it)? But I'd like to avoid an extra expense. We are staying at the Boardwalk but I thought it would be quicker to drive to the park.

Thanks for any insight and tips! :)

The closes spots are for handicap Then I think handicap over flow then the pay extra to get s closer spot people ( or this is how I remember it being) the walk from the normal lot was not that bad maybe 10 row back. When I was there last

Ever since they started the preferred parking program getting to the park early no longer guarantees a close in parking spot. That said, when we arrived at 11:30am this morning we ended up in row Peacock 12, down near the sidewalk along the tree line, with a reasonable walk into the park. A couple of weeks ago a slightly earlier arrival had us way out in Giraffe.

Many years ago when we stayed at the Boardwalk we would also drive to the AK for rope drop and enjoyed the close in parking. Now with preferred parking I am not sure the tradeoff still works.

The problem with car travel to Animal Kingdom very early is that there is a slight chance the lot won't be open for anyone and you will have to wait at the entrance plaza. Therefore I suggest using the bus. You will need to try an intricate procedure as follows:
Drive to the All Stars a little over an hour before your reservation. Say to the guard that you are going to try breakfast at the food court. Then park at All Star Music not in the middle of a clos cluster of other cars but also not in an almost empty area.. Take the AK bus from there. For chauffeured service such as Uber, get dropped off at the All Stars to take the bus.

The problem with car travel to Animal Kingdom very early is that there is a slight chance the lot won't be open for anyone and you will have to wait at the entrance plaza. Therefore I suggest using the bus. You will need to try an intricate procedure as follows:
Drive to the All Stars a little over an hour before your reservation. Say to the guard that you are going to try breakfast at the food court. Then park at All Star Music not in the middle of a clos cluster of other cars but also not in an almost empty area.. Take the AK bus from there. For chauffeured service such as Uber, get dropped off at the All Stars to take the bus.

they never close the parking lots I have gotten to them before they opened the places where you pay there were a sign out telling you to drive to your destination you can still park. the booths open at 7 am 7:15 is after when they open them so no need to park at the resorts

The problem with car travel to Animal Kingdom very early is that there is a slight chance the lot won't be open for anyone and you will have to wait at the entrance plaza.

I have not experienced this. I have rope dropped a 9am opening at the AK a couple of times, arriving the entrance plaza around 7:15am. Once there was no one there with the sign up that said 'proceed to parking lot' and I just drove on through. There were attendants in the parking lot directing the few of us that arrived early. One time there was an attendant at the booth.

they never close the parking lots I have gotten to [snip]
Good to know that, thanks.

It was more than 5 years ago when I once arrived early to find all the entrance plaza booths coned and a few cars waiting. Now I will know and let others know that the entrance is not really closed and it is not necessary to wait for an attendant.

I have not experienced this. I have rope dropped a 9am opening at the AK a couple of times, arriving the entrance plaza around 7:15am. Once there was no one there with the sign up that said 'proceed to parking lot' and I just drove on through. There were attendants in the parking lot directing the few of us that arrived early. One time there was an attendant at the booth.
I got to HS before even the people that help park cars got there around 6:45 for a 9 am opening

Last summer I drove to the animal kingdom. I pulled in at 6:35 for an 8:00 am EMH opening. Not only were there no attendants, there was also no signage for preferred parking. We literally could have parked anywhere. We parked by the bus stops.

Here's what I suggest: not lying, and not parking at a resort to fuel ...
... fuel the pardon me and possibly miss your breakfast reservation or Backstage Safari tour by waiting for the parking entrance attendant and with no way of seeking immediate assistance.

Actually what I said above is now obsolete. I stand corrected by all the other replies above that you may drive on through a deserted parking entrance plaza, fully prepared to make payment and/or show ID as needed to a CM you might meet on the way to the parking spaces.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter