Driving route from Vero Beach to BWV

nvrenoughdisney

Mouseketeer
Trying to plan for our trip. Mapquest shows three different routes. All show approx. 2 hours. I've obviously left out some steps but these seem to be the major routes listed below. Any suggestions as to which is best? We would probably be driving late Friday morning if that makes a difference. Thanks!

1. 95N to 528W (109 miles)
2. SR-60 to Florida Turnpike (109 miles)
3. 95N to 192 W (95 miles)

We prefer 95N to 528W as the quickest, least crowded route but be prepared for multiple tolls on 528 (bring quarters).

I always liked the 192 route. More rural until you get to Kissimmee plus you don't have to travel so far north to the Beachline (528 - ). And no tolls.

We always take Route #1. The others involve secondary roads so the times will end up longer than what is listed.

The tolls run about $5 each way for the trip.

If you're not familiar with the area, I'd probably recommend 95N to the Beachline. From the Beachline you can take 417S to exit 6 (but be prepared to pay a bit more in tolls) or all the way to I-4W down to WDW. Barring a significant crash, you should encounter very little traffic along this route.

Because you're leaving late Friday morning, if you take 192, you will likely end up in the Kissimmee area around lunchtime and that can mean more traffic. Combine that with a ton of traffic lights through St. Cloud and Kissimmee and 192 just gets annoying.

I actually take the FL Turnpike and 60 when I'm heading to Vero (I live near Sea World) because there tends to be less traffic than on 95 and I'm able to maintain a steady speed because of that and because there are fewer exits and entrances where people are going to be slowing down. But when coming home, I almost always take 95 to the Beachline.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter