Driving from ON to WDW, need hotel recommendations

5Dreamers

Mouseketeer
We will be stopping at hotels for the first time on our drive to/from WDW in March 2018.
I was wondering if anyone had specific hotels they would recommend in or near Columbia SC & Hwy 77 for our drive down and Beckley WV near Harper Rd exit off the Turnpike 77/64 for our drive back.

I have been reading hotel reviews and am more confused than ever!
There are 5 of us, I'm only a little taller than my 10 year old, so we need 2 Queen beds and a sofabed.
I don't want to spend more than I have to, we are just there to sleep and eat a free hot breakfast.
It is important to me that the place is clean and the beds are comfortable.

If anyone has experiences to share that would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
We stayed at the Howard Johnson in rock Hill, SC earlier this year. They have a 3 double bed room which is great for when you have more than 4 people and it's not expensive.

We stayed at the Howard Johnson in rock Hill, SC earlier this year. They have a 3 double bed room which is great for when you have more than 4 people and it's not expensive.

This ^
Right beside highway so super easy off and on.
The free breakfast isn't that great but its 100 yards from a McD's and many other fast food joints in the immediate vicinity.

I always take a list of the best reviewed as well as the 'no go' hotels from Trip Advisor for the towns I am looking at as an option.....that way you don't need to book ahead, can use the visitor centre rates and still hit a good one if you have no internet access or time to check out a hotel. We always do this big PDF file for each trip of optional stuff to do (I have a section for each state we drive through which I've been adding to for years!)

We are driving down with a 6, 5, 3, 2, and a newborn. We decided to drive down and pass through Myrtle Beach, SC (although it will add approximately 90 mins total overall to the driving time). We found a great hotel on the beach with indoor water parks and slides in case the weather isn't great. It is about an 8 hour drive from there to Disneyworld. We wanted to make it somewhat special on the way down. Now, we've just got to get there on that first leg of the trip! We religiously go by the TripAdvisor reviews. We can get some pretty good deals by going this time of the year since it's offpeak.

We are driving down with a 6, 5, 3, 2, and a newborn. We decided to drive down and pass through Myrtle Beach, SC (although it will add approximately 90 mins total overall to the driving time). We found a great hotel on the beach with indoor water parks and slides in case the weather isn't great. It is about an 8 hour drive from there to Disneyworld. We wanted to make it somewhat special on the way down. Now, we've just got to get there on that first leg of the trip! We religiously go by the TripAdvisor reviews. We can get some pretty good deals by going this time of the year since it's offpeak.
Thanks for the info. I hope you have a good drive and a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!