driving from ny with a fifth wheel

wsr5187

Earning My Ears
I was wondering if their were any ideas on how long it will take to drive to Fort Wilderness from Buffalo, NY. It is around 1200 miles. I will be pulling a 24' Conquest fifth wheel.

I was figuring 22-24 hours. I would like to make it in 2-2 1/2 days. Also need ideas on where to stop overnight. I will be making this trip next summer (2003).

Are my assumptions correct?

We drive 1200 miles to FW (from Michigan) with our 5W ....... it takes about 22 hours, as you had guessed. On the way down there, we leave after work (5:00 ish) and drive until we get to Lexington, KY (about 10-11 pm). We get up the next day and drive all day until we get to the FL/GA border. On the third day we only have a few hours to drive until we reach WDW. This allows plenty of time for setting up, etc. We have done this at least a dozen times and it works well for us, as we are never exhausted upon arrival at WDW. When we leave for home, we do the whole trip in 2 days, leaving early each morning.

Be sure to check with the Georgia Department of Transportation to see if construction on I-85 just north of Atlanta is completed by then, if you'll be coming down on I-85.

We were caught in it just a couple of weeks ago and it took three hours to get through one ten-mile stretch!

We just returned from towing our camper from Mass.

The campground at South of the Border (on the NC/SC line, right off of route 95) is a fine place to stop. It's cheap ($22 for full hookups with a $3 refundable deposit), the sites are clean and level and they have many pull-throughs.

It took us about 25 hours of driving to get to FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter