Driving from New Brunswick

What does everyone feel is a good price out of maine these days for flights. I had the chance to purchase tickets out of BGR to MCO for 320 taxes in cdn for a trip in early December. I have purchased for cheaper in previous years out of PWM and BGR so I did not pull the trigger! Has anyone flown out of the states with there new basic economy fares?

Last May we spent $366 CAD each out of Bangor on United. In January of 2016 we spent $422 out of SJ.

Fellow NB'er here! Sorry, I don't have time to read the whole thread, so all/some of this may have been said already. We've done this trip several times, and have found the "avoid the I-95" route to be the best. You CAN do the trip in 2 days (one way), but we recommend doing it in 3 as it can get pretty rough when everyone is tired and stuck in traffic. With kids I wouldn't even try doing it in 2. The last time we drove I think it was somewhere around $20 in tolls, but that was a few years back. I've also flown, and (I can't believe I'm saying this) I actually think I preferred to drive. You don't have to worry about what's in your luggage, and you don't have to worry so much about what you buy with regards to getting through security. Just stay under your dollar value for the border and you don't even have to worry about paying duty. :)

Fellow NB'er here! Sorry, I don't have time to read the whole thread, so all/some of this may have been said already. We've done this trip several times, and have found the "avoid the I-95" route to be the best. You CAN do the trip in 2 days (one way), but we recommend doing it in 3 as it can get pretty rough when everyone is tired and stuck in traffic. With kids I wouldn't even try doing it in 2. The last time we drove I think it was somewhere around $20 in tolls, but that was a few years back. I've also flown, and (I can't believe I'm saying this) I actually think I preferred to drive. You don't have to worry about what's in your luggage, and you don't have to worry so much about what you buy with regards to getting through security. Just stay under your dollar value for the border and you don't even have to worry about paying duty. :)

Thanks! I think we’ll leave Friday afternoon and try to make it to Portsmouth or closer to Boston. Then drive Saturday and Sunday. When we’ve driven to Toronto we’ve always left after work and driven about 5 hours before stopping for the night and finished easily the next day, so about another 11 hours. I’ve been watching flights, and man, they are pricey $$!

Sometimes you just have to wait out the airline cycles. I first started watching flights for our dec 8th trip at 300cdn out of bangor and the prices have done nothing but rise since. I think the latest price was 540 cdn(might as well fly from nb for that price). I Starting including Portland in my search and the same thing started happening. This week though I scored 250 a ticket CDN taxes included out of portland and for a family of 4 that is great savings! Im glad I was born stubborn and would not jump when the prices started rising.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter