Driving from Monterey to DLR

amjt660

Earning My Ears
Hello all
I need some info/advice on the drive from Monterey to DLR
We went in March 07 and did the same drive but did not enjoy the route that we took.

First off please understand that at this point of our vacation the important part is the destination - not the journey. We have only 1 day and want to get to DLR as quickly and safely as possible.

In 07 we went into Salinas then took the 101 to King City. After King City went travelled on the 198 across to the I5 then straight through to Anaheim.

Now the 198 was not our cup of tea (I admit it - we are wimps - I thought my wife was going have an attack as we drove so close to the edge.)

So this time we are going to go on 156 to the 152 to the I5.

I know this is the boring route but we want to make it in one day.

Has anyone on the boards been on the roads/highways mentioned above?
Is the 156/152 a "safer - less adventurous" route to take.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Max

Sorry, I can't help with the route but you will probably get more responses if you post this in the main Disneyland forum and it should be perfectly fine to post it there since your question is specifically about getting to DLR. I see posts over there all the time about which route to take. This forum just doesn't get as much traffic so there might not be as many responses.

Sorry, I can't help with the route but you will probably get more responses if you post this in the main Disneyland forum and it should be perfectly fine to post it there since your question is specifically about getting to DLR. I see posts over there all the time about which route to take. This forum just doesn't get as much traffic so there might not be as many responses.

To Moderators
Please close this thread
I created a new one in DLR forum as per the advice above.
Thanks
Max

(if there is a more efficient way of doing this please let me know)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter