Driving from MI to Disney, need suggestions on hotels north of Georgia

tracylynnrose9

Earning My Ears
We are leaving on the 23rd of February to drive down to Disney (my husband wont fly) and are taking our two boys for their first trip to Disney. We are planning on stopping in Georgia to spend the night but based on everything I've read, we don't want to hit Atlanta during any form of prime time due to the traffic. We are looking to stay somewhere north of Atlanta and would appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks!

We just got back from our trip and we stayed in Chattanooga, at a Lookout Mountain Hilton Garden Inn right off I-24, about 120 miles North of Atlanta, then on the 26th, we got up and left by 6:30 and had very minimal traffic through Atlanta, plus I created a FL Sun Pass account, similar to the I-Pass in Illinois, and that allowed me to use the express lanes going down and back up to Chicago, well worth the $60. We got through Atlanta and the burbs in no time at all, I would look into buying that.

Hi! I’m from north Atlanta! What interstate are you going down? I’d look into hotels in Fulton, Gwinnett, or Forsyth Georgia.

We just got back from our trip and we stayed in Chattanooga, at a Lookout Mountain Hilton Garden Inn right off I-24, about 120 miles North of Atlanta, then on the 26th, we got up and left by 6:30 and had very minimal traffic through Atlanta, plus I created a FL Sun Pass account, similar to the I-Pass in Illinois, and that allowed me to use the express lanes going down and back up to Chicago, well worth the $60. We got through Atlanta and the burbs in no time at all, I would look into buying that.

Thank you for the info! I was looking into the Sun Pass and then forgot to go back to it. Thank you for the reminder! We found a hotel in Kennesaw (sp?). We're trying to get a little closer to Atlanta but not hit the traffic. Originally we were going to stay in Pigeon Forge but figured we could get a few hours closer to Disney so its not as much of a drive the next day. We're also planning on getting back on the road around that time.

We either stay in Kennesaw or Dalton if we aren't going through Atlanta before we stop. Both are nice areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter