Driving around Orlando?

JennyP

Earning My Ears
HI everyone,

33 Days left until Orlando :bounce: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We reserved a rental car and the 3 of us are under 25 so only one of us will be driving to save on the added expense of having extra drivers...my question to you all is; We will be staying on International Drive, how hard is it to get to WDW, SeaWorld and Universal ? I am a bit aprehensive about driving around such a big place that I don't know at all! Is there alot of traffic? I got a map and mapped out the routes but it is always easier to get from point a to point B on A map.

What were any of your experiences?

No Problem!....I Drive will be very busy the farther east or north you go, but everybody is pretty calm and cool.....just get on I-4 as soon as you can off I drive depending on which end you are staying at and just take I-4 to Disney exits.......If It looks closer to go from the the far east end via I Drive it will be much longer because of traffic....Just get to I-4 asap........Ted

Basically, Sea World is on one end of I drive and Universal is right near the other end. Watch for the signs. You will have no problem getting around. You can get to disney easy as well...follow the signs directing you to I4. You won't have to go very far to get to disney.

I4 can be very busy because there are not very many lanes...It is a fun place to be around though. Check out Pointe Orlando..movies, shopping and some good restaurants..if you like mexican food there is Adobe Gilas, cheap food and nice cold beer. Lots of fun. There is also Dan Marinos...a little more expensive, but wonderful food. Have a great trip and keep the map handy...I am sure you won't have any trouble...Everything is right off I4, including I Drive. Have a great trip!

We are going to drive from Ontario to Orlando in October and I have the same fears about Orlando. Please post back here to let us know how you did...

Hey,New Brunswick?
Where?
I'm from Shediac originally...

Hope you have a great time...:D

One other suggestion - If you look at your map, you'll see where Universal Drive runs somewhat parallel to International Drive. You'll find that U-Drive is much faster and easier to navigate than I-Drive. It will help you get from one place to another more quickly (traffic can be really bad on I-Drive). You may also want to make use of the I-Ride Trolley. It goes up and down I-Drive and only costs around $7 for a week's pass.

Thanks for the suggestions....I think we'll be ok....apparently I4 is the place to be!! :)

PhotoBearSam....I'm from Saint John (well actually the outskirts, Quispamsis) and I will definitly post my vac on the board.

I-Drive tends to be crowded between Universal Blvd. and Sand Lake Dr. If you want to go from Universal to Sea World, take Universal Blvd. Universal Blvd. runs past I-Drive and merges with I-Drive around Pointe Orlando. Traffic on this part of I-Drive isn't as murderous as other parts.

As a general rule, I avoid I-Drive all together from rush hour to late at night. It took me once around 30-45 minutes to get from Wet N Wild to the Sand Lake intersection.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter