Driving 1st timer

John Robson

Earning My Ears
I have been to Orlando loads but normally the wife drives.

Shes not going with me next Halloween am taken me parents instead.

I do plan using taxi s etc to get from cabana bay to WDW only doing 1 or 2 days at disney.

what advice could some one give if driving 1st time in Orlando as i may hire a care.

I am driving this year for the first time and started a thread which has lots of useful replies in it. I can't figure out how to link the original thread into this reply so just type in 'driving in USA for first time, I'm very nervous' into search box at top of page and you should find it. Only 7 days until I have to get behind that wheel! Why can't we all drive on the same side of the road? :drive:

I'm not from the UK (from USA) but when I did hire a car in the UK I found myself bumping the curb far too often but survived without damage or injury.:upsidedow All that aside, I like to use Google maps to get a good idea of the roads before I go - on ramps and off ramps are a little more visible from above and it helped me prepare to drive in Orlando when I hired a car on Wednesday - the drive to Cabana Bay was fairly straightforward I was happy to discover. The "birds eye view" map help me to see which lane I might need to be in for interchanges and I could see in my minds eye what might be ahead - super helpful and confidence building. :drive:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!