Drive or not Florence

c&k

Mouseketeer
We are supposed to get auto train from Lorton on Tuesday. It’s canceled because of the hurricane. We are in Philadelphia area. Is anyone driving down to Orlando. My husband thinking the roads will be a nightmare with everyone going back to the Carolinas after the storm. What do you think??

My bil was moved to a new train. Scheduled to leave two days later... for now, at least. He was told many people were added to his train and it will be mobbed. Hoping for the best.
Next Tuesday?? They are saying that most people should not return for several more days.. it’s just a crapshoot all around.
Whatever you decide... safe travels!!

By Tuesday, the storm should be in this area, so you should soon be out of the bad weather. Since I-95 is a north-south interstate, and a good distance from the coast, hopefully most of the traffic will be on local highways. Remember to take an emergency package with you, just in case. Good luck, and safe travels!

Was not aware of the closure. Thanks for bringing it to everyones attention. Hope it is reopened in time for c&k's trip. Drive safely!

Yes, parts of I-95 are closed in SC as well. Several rivers are already at flood stage and will continue to rise through at least Tuesday. If you're going to drive, you will need to swing out way to the west, and come down through TN and GA probably. I would look into if you can get a flight.

Yes, parts of I-95 are closed in SC as well. Several rivers are already at flood stage and will continue to rise through at least Tuesday. If you're going to drive, you will need to swing out way to the west, and come down through TN and GA probably. I would look into if you can get a flight.

I agree. Between road closures and supply limitations, I wouldn't consider driving right now.

Here is NCDOT's suggested re-route ... So you're adding quite a bit of drive time, not to mention that route will have all it's normal traffic plus anyone else trying to make the North -> South drive.

"Travel is hazardous in North Carolina on all roads south of US 64 and east of I-73/74." GPS routing ppl into dangerous areas. Out of state drivers need to avoid, flooding is THAT bad

Attachments

• DnMoE5cXcAAvxt-.jpg
    DnMoE5cXcAAvxt-.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 6

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter