drive or bus to MK from Pop

sahmom

Earning My Ears
We are heading to disney on April 7th and staying at Pop Century with our 7 month old baby. We want to go to MK for EMH in the AM on the 8th and are unsure whether to drive our own car or to take the bus. We want to have flexiblity in case we have to leave immediately, but I don't know about having to wait for ferry back to TTC with a fussy baby. Any suggestions? Any other tips from families who have been with infants would be much appreciated. Thanks :earboy2:

Hey that can be tuff!! My two (5 & 9) are a lot older and the bus system worked great. My sister in law took her 1 year old and swore driving to the parks was the way to go. The only hassle was waiting to get through where they take the money to park, but this might equal the time we wait for the next bus if you miss one.

Maybe bring lots of yummy surprises for just one of those moments, always worked for my two. Great distraction!!!!!!

Good luck :flower:

We were just there in Nov with my 5 month old and 3 year old and we used disney buses the whole time with no problem and would recommend them. I put the 5 month old in a front baby bjorn carrier facing me and made sure I had a seat on all bus trips to be extra safe. The time waiting for buses isn't that long (about every 20 min) and you could have dh wait in line if baby is fussy while you walk with baby. The buses go directly to MK without stopping at other hotels. The buses know right where they are going and if you drive you may get lost .... and I know the last thing I want is a screaming baby strapped in a carseat while I'm lost trying to navigate disney traffic.
Hope this helps.

We had two little ones on our last trip and dh drove everywhere; we never took the bus. We didn't want to hassle with folding the double stroller in a rush to get on a bus. We had tons of baby gear in the bottom of the stroller, though: diapers, wipes, cups, baby food, spoons, bibs, etc. and everything times two! We took our time with loading/unloading it in our SUV. The kids never fussed once we put them in our vehicle. With the a/c on high it put them right to sleep after being out in the June sun.

In order to go to EMH in MK you MUST take the bus - they do not allow anyone from the parking lot in early. Also, the buses from the disney resorts drop you off right at the gate into the park- you don't have to take the ferry or monorail to TTC. I took a 6 week old and was fine. They have great baby care stations that are a/c and rocking chairs and such in case of a fussy baby. Enjoy!

Thanks for the info everyone! Does anyone know if any of the parking lots are open for the EMH in the AM for any of the parks, or do you have to take buses for all EMH? Thanks again :hourglass

sahmom said:
Thanks for the info everyone! Does anyone know if any of the parking lots are open for the EMH in the AM for any of the parks, or do you have to take buses for all EMH? Thanks again :hourglass
I want that answer too. I don't want to take the bus:sad:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter