Drinking water in Disneyland

lworts

Earning My Ears
I am wondering if there are drinking fountains in Disneyland, or if there are convenience stores close by for buying drinking water. I have heard that the single waters are SO expensive, and with 3 kids you could go through a lot.

We are staying at DLH (in August), is there a 'corner' store within walking distance?

TIA :earboy2:

You can get free ice water at all the counter service restaurants. There are a few small grocery stores on Harbour Blvd. just outside of disneyland's entrance. But, the free ice water is very easy to get. :sunny:

They have water fountains, but I swear they put something in the water- after drinking, I always have the worst cotton mouth! Its as if the fountain water makes you thirstier...
(Things that make you go hmmmm)

Water fountians are there, by the bathrooms, but they always get used so much there is no cold water left...

Ask for a cup of ice water at all the cs places. The water is very drinkable (imho)

Nope, didn't work for me. But it must be my settings then so I can get my DH to figure it out for me at some point.

Thanks.

I was there this past June and it was HOT!! What I did was filled up a nice sized water bottle with ice and water from our hotel every morning before entering the parks. When that was gone I would go to a food counter and ask for 2/3 FULL (make sure you ask for FULL) cups of ice and then used the water fountains around the park.

Unlike others I had NO problem with the water there at the park??? I'm from No Calif and we drink bottled water ALL the time. I did this for 4 days :)

We bought one bottle of water in the morning, and just kept re-filling it at the fountains throughout the park. It was fine, tasted fine, was cold enough. That was in May though, not as hot or busy.

We used a refillable water bottle with a wide mouth.

When we ate we asked for cups of ice water and filled up our bottle to take with us.

At Rancho Zocalo they have small cups next to cash registers-- we went thru exit, got a cup, filled it with ice, then got water from the tap that is in the seating area.

For the times when it was not convenient to get ice water from a restaurant , we used water fountains and single serve Crystal Light packets to kill the taste of warm yuck water.
This was great when it was hot and my boys needed hydration while climbing around in the Wilderness trail thingie. I sat in the cool shade under the walkways and refilled the bottle with lemonade several times. The boys had fun, no too hot/need drink/buy this for me whining, and I took a nice break in the cool shade. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter