Drinking Before Noon Everyday-An Oct F&W Adventure *COMPLETE!

I could really go for that puller pork right now! Sorry they got rid of one of your favorite drinks!

I'm with you on the Oscar Hype this year. Most of the movies are just meh.

Love your dining reports! That Schofferhofer pomegranate beer sounds delish! Hope it's available during F&G! I don't really like beer, but I do like Schofferhofer's grapefruit beer, so maybe I'll like the pomegranate, too. Those thigh high chicken biscuits sound amazing! I've been following along on your most recent trip via Instagram! Can't wait for that dining report!

Thank you! And thanks for following along on IG too! I really hope they bring the pomegranate beer back for more events. Same with me. Don't like beer but love that grapefruit beer.

The pulled pork at Homecomin looks amazing.

My hubby is a huge fan of spam, so he also got the spam hash from Hawaii. I totally forgot to p it it in my report because I don't have a photo. He loves it. I showed him your picture, and he said Yummy!

Their pulled pork is excellent and so is their BBQ sauce. That's good that he enjoyed the spam as well. It looked really good!

We will have to give the Homecomin' Mac & Cheese a try on the next visit. On a more important note that was a heck of a game , finally the Eagles bring the Lombardi Trophy to Philadelphia party:. The fireworks have finally stopped in our corner of Camden County.

Yesssssss!!!!!!!!! It was an amazing game. There were lots of tears in our house. Wish I could have done the parade but it just seemed like a bit too much craziness for me to handle. So glad we brought home the win though!

I could really go for that puller pork right now! Sorry they got rid of one of your favorite drinks!

I'm with you on the Oscar Hype this year. Most of the movies are just meh.

I know, I could eat that pulled pork dish all the time.

I am hoping for some better movies this year. Looking forward to hitting up the movies again soon!

Yesssssss!!!!!!!!! It was an amazing game. There were lots of tears in our house. Wish I could have done the parade but it just seemed like a bit too much craziness for me to handle. So glad we brought home the win though!
A week later and DH & I still don't believe it really happened.Due to plans at night the day of the parade and our nearby PATCO stations being closed we didn't go either. Heard from family who went they had a great time but I did get to watch it all on TV.

For our last full day I planned on hitting up all of the F&W booths we did not manage to do yet as well as favorites we wanted again. Rob wasn't sure that was what he wanted to do but ultimately left it up to me, so Epcot it is!

We did a couple of rides before it was time for the booths to open for the day. Then we stopped by Sunshine Seasons in The Land for a quick breakfast. They had this very cool looking Ursala cake, but I read some very scathing reviews about the taste which had a bubblegum filling so I was out. But it looks awesome, right?

I opted for a favorite, Cheese Danish. Yummmmm!!!! There is no better danish than Disney cheese danish. Don't ever change.

The first booth we hit up for the day was Active Eats for the Loaded Mac and Cheese.

I really enjoyed this last year and loved it again this year. I'm sure this will stick around as a F&W staple for awhile.

Just look at this view!

Next we stopped and turned in our Remy map.

The prize was a very cheap looking keychain this year which we were not feeling, but looking for Remy is always fun, so it was still worth it.

Then Rob stopped at Almond Orchard for the Banana Almond Soft-Serve Sundae with fresh berries and crunchy chocolate oats.

He really liked this and was a little surprised by the flavor and texture. It wasn't what he was expecting, but in a good way.

Next we stopped by Farm Fresh where we both got the Crispy Chicken with grilled cornbread and red eye gravy.

I loved this! Rob didn't like it and thought the cornbread tasted weird, but it tasted like normal cornbread to me. The different flavors and textures all went well together I thought.

I also got the Two Henrys Elderberry Cream Hard Cider.

This was one of my favorite drinks last year and it was again this year. I have been trying to find this at home with no success. It is so good, so if you find it, try it!

Hey F&W Mickey!

Have to show off my shirt for a second. How cute is this?

Next we stopped at China and we both got Spicy Chicken Bao Bun.

This was good, but I liked the spicy chicken they had last year sans bun. The flavor of this is very yummy though.

I also got the Chicken Pot Stickers.

I love these! I could eat them all day. They are basic, but super tasty.

I also stopped in the gift shop because I heard they had Shanghai Disneyland merch. I was excited to see they did and picked up a couple of pins for me and my stepdad.

Next we stopped in India for a new item I wanted to try. The Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake with chocolate coconut mousse.

I really liked this. It was not super rich but was perfectly sweet and I loved all of the flavors together.

Our last stop was at Hops & Barley in the America section for the Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese served on grilled garlic toast.

This was is a favorite dish for us previously and was again this time. The brisket is so tender.

I wanted to stay a bit longer but Rob was being a bit of a grouch butt for some reason, so we decided to call it a day. :laughing: Disney can get to the best of us sometimes.

And so we said goodbye to Epcot and to the parks entirely for this trip. So sad!

A week later and DH & I still don't believe it really happened.Due to plans at night the day of the parade and our nearby PATCO stations being closed we didn't go either. Heard from family who went they had a great time but I did get to watch it all on TV.

Same here! I just said to Rob today, "Can you believe that was just a week ago?" Yeah the trains seemed crazy. One of my close friends at work went with another co-worker and they had a blast but I couldn't have handled their day. They left too much up to chance for this crazy planner. :laughing: We had my brother over and watched the parade on TV and I took a half day and went out to lunch, so it was still a great experience from home.

We went back to the room for the rest of the afternoon and took a little rest. I went through all of our goodies from the trip. Here are our AP buttons we got. You got a new one each month but the woman giving them out still had one from September and was nice enough to give us one from September and October, which was awesome! We also got pins at the Next Eats booths each time we bought something, so we accumulated those as well.

I also got the Epcot 35th anniversary Alex and Ani which I thought was awesome.

And here is our Remy keychain from the Hide & Squeak challenge.

After some relaxation I drove us to Disney Springs for dinner. I have to say, the buses were awful at Wilderness Lodge. Awful. After some very loooooong waits and extra time sharing with Contemporary a few times I was over it and drove most of the trip. I hesitate to go back there again because of the buses. For all the money you pay to stay there, the bus schedule was terrible.

So anyway, check out Disney Quest as they were in the process of tearing it down. So crazy!

It is totally gone now as they make way for the new NBA Experience. Ick.

After easily getting a spot in the garage we were off to dinner!

We went back to Homecoming' for the second night in a row. It's just so good!

We decided to eat at the bar again tonight. I started with the Royal Sangria. Pavo Real red wine, fresh seasonal fruits, agave, lime juice and blackberry brandy.

This was amazing! This is my new drink here now that the Bootlegger is gone. Very very fresh and fruity. Loved it! And its a huge drink.

My SIL went with the Ham, Ham & Jam for her meal. This is three drop biscuits layered with pimento cheese, Tasso ham, shaved country ham and blackberry fig jam. She also got a side of potato salad.

She was in love with these! She really raved about them. They looked delicious. She was a fan of the potato salad as well.

Rob had the Thigh High Chicken Biscuits for the second night in a row, so he was definitely a big fan!

I am always torn between the pork and the chicken, so since I had the pork last night I went with the Fried Chicken. Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, cheddar drop biscuit and love.

So, so, so stinkin' good! I love the mashed potatoes and gravy. Not sure they put the gravy on the side, but I poured it all over the potatoes. I am not normally a hot sauce fan, but their housemade hot sauce on the table is so good and I do put a little of that on my chicken here. Heaven!

I ended up boxing up a lot of this again to save room for dessert and have a late night chicken treat for later.

I have been on a pecan pie kick lately, so I got the Hamilton County Chocolate Pecan Pie. A 100-year-old traditional Smith Family Farm recipe, served with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.

I mean, obviously this was amazing! So gooey and chocolatey. Yum! I highly recommend this pie.

After dinner we went over the the movies and saw our third and final movie of the trip. I know, I know, only three! We saw Only The Brave, which was very good, but very sad.

We were back at the resort by 9:30pm and packed up what we could to be ready to leave the next morning.

Last Disney day. :sad:

We were up at 6am to finish packing and get ready to make our way home. I loved the view from our room this morning.

Yay, picture!

Oh no, wait we're sad. So sad.

We sadly said goodby to WL and packed up the car and made the short drive over to Poly for our last breakfast.

I like eating here our last morning because not only do I love it here, but I also love that I can get one last glimpse at the castle.

Rob and Lindsay both got the press pot coffee, which is so good! I can't drink a whole one by myself, but Rob can. He is always nice enough to give me a cup of his though.

We each got their signature Liliko'i Juice as well which is an Orange, Passion Fruit, and Guava blend. We all love this juice!

In great news the Samoan is back! It is not the Seven Seas Samoan and is Poached Eggs with Citrus Hollandaise Sauce on Pulled Pork and Turkey Hash with Mustard Greens and Tomatoes tossed in a Citrus Vinaigrette. I was a bit afraid it would be too different by my SIL got it and I was sad I didn't.

The only real change from the original is that it is now turkey and pork and not just pork and the mustard greens have the citrus vinaigrette and tomatoes. She loved this!

Rob got his new favorite, the Loco Moco which is raditional island brunch staple which features a tower of rice, a grilled hamburger patty, house-made chorizo gravy, two eggs-any style, and topped with a tomato salsa.

He really enjoys this. I am not feeling the idea of a burger patty and rice for breakfast, but maybe I'm missing out.

I went with a Kona classic. The Tonga Toast. Banana-stuffed French Toast rolled in Cinnamon Sugar and served with a Strawberry Compote and your choice of Spiced Ham, Bacon, or Sausage. I opted for the bacon.

I dip it very lightly in the strawberry compote maybe every other bite which annoys Rob to no end for some reason. He wants me to pour it all over the Tonga Toast, but that is just not my style. :laughing: This was excellent though.

After a very excellent final meal it was time to make our way out. We have made it a tradition to stop at Kona Island right outside Kona Cafe and grab pastries for the drive home. I always get a cheese pinwheel, but sadly they no longer offer the cheese pinwheels. Some horrible person changed them to apple pinwheels. Eww! (In Jimmy Fallon voice)

I did however grab some chocolate twists which are delicious and were enjoyed during the ride home.

Goodbye Tiki God!

And we're off! I'm taking first shift.

We were on the rode by 8:30am, but we stopped for lunch at Chick-Fil-A and really took our time and it was a long 15 hour drive to get back home. At least I know we're close when we hit Delaware. Those signs are a thing of beauty after 14 1/2 hours of driving and we start to channel Wayne's World.

Well, that's it folks! Thank you so much for reading along. You are all so awesome for joining me on here and IG. I so appreciate all of your comments as well. But the great news is that I am starting up another DR for the trip I just returned from, so lots more Disney food coming your way!

The only reason I’m not sad to see this end is because I know from Instagram that you have lots of new material!! I love those chicken biscuits at Homecomin’ too. Soooo good. Your grand and miraculous food & wine shirt is too cute! You find the coolest things. Sorry the bus service was such a mess. I totally agree that when paying that much per night you’d expect better... and NO sharing! Thanks for sharing your trip. I’ll keep an eye out for the next one!

Loved this report and looking forward to the new one! I just got back from Disneyland and loved the food options. Bengal BBQ has great snack skewers and I enjoyed Plaza Inn. their mashed potatoes are to die for! For breakfast, red rose tavern has 5 new dishes all under $10. the Mickey pancakes were super cute.

Loved the report. I know, the long drive home is always so sad. You both have cute pouty face LOL.

We love Kona Cafe as well for breakfast. Tonga Toast is awesome. The Loco Moco sounds right up Mike's alley. Seems like rice is a breakfast staple in the Pacific Islands. I love a burger dor breakfast, so maybe we will share one, along with a Tonga Toast of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter