Dressing kids up for a better chance???

littleprissboutique

A dream is a wish your heart makes
Hey guys. I was curious how many of you all are really DRESSING up your kids to get attention for the YOAMD? My dd always likes dressing up at Disney, but for our Jan trip we have went over the top on customs. LOL Dont know if it will help her get noticed, but it cant hurt, right?

What is everyone else doing to try and get Noticed?:goodvibes

From what I have read it completely doesn't matter who you are or what you are wearing. They apparently get their info to give the dream to person XYZ getting off such and such ride at a specific time. It isn't up to the Dream Team CM to pick who they give it to. It is much more fair this way.

Allyson

Can I just say how much I LOVE those bows...now if I could only have a little girl to wear them!(I do have a 9 year old....but she won't wear those lol) Your dd is adorable!

If your child is dressed up, she may get picked for some small, fun things. My nieces were both picked this last October to "help" Cast Members with their jobs. One helped a CM put away pins. They were both given a cute little certificate for their efforts. Not a big prize, but it did make them feel special. And whenever my younger niece would wear one of her princess outfits, the CMs would address her as "Princess." Which she loved.

Dressing her up may help get some of the mini dreams such as described above (just because they stand out more), but it won't help you with ANY Dream Squad related dreams b/c those are totally random.

Dressing up wont help. My dd got 2 magical moments on our trip. Neither happened the day she was dressed up lol

My girls got picked for the "dream" of meeting Cinderella in private for
5 min. This was right past the ticket gate in MK around 10AM.

They were not dressed nicely and their father was in the process of yelling
at them to follow him. I had gotten delayed with a park pass that wouldn't work and they had gone on in ahead of me.

Poor husband didn't even know what was going on :confused3
It looked like about 6 or so other families were picked for this same dream because the dream team guy had a clipboard with the available times on it and said only 3 more slots were open to pick from.

It was very nice and the photopass man was there to take pictures.

I think it can help to get the "magical moments" if you are dressed up. We were picked to be in the Jingle Jungle Parade in Animal Kingdom and the CM commented on the fact we were all wearing red shirts and looked "festive." It may have only mattered because we would be on a Christmas float.

Your daughter is adorable. Her pics made me smile. And even if she doesn't get picked for anything your photos will be great if she's dressed up. princess:

They were not dressed nicely and their father was in the process of yelling at them to follow him.

:) I hope I am laughing *with* you on this one -- your description is too cute!

Glad they got to do something special!

We had many "Magical Moments" awarded to us during out trip the first week in October. We always dressed up Disney style everyday including ears! I think that dressing up will make you stand out more from the crowd. Your daughter is adorable and like you said, it can't hurt!
Here's how my DD dressed the day we were picked to be first family on Soarin for the Year of a Million Dreams on Oct. 1. We showed up around 11:00AM to get fastpasses and this man approached my DD and started talking to her. He said that she stood out to him. They love Disney spirit!
065_65-3.jpg

I think it will be hard to miss the OP's daughter with those big fluffy things in her hair :)

Thanks for all the imput guys! I am not expecting her to win a DVC LOL:rotfl: Just a little magic to make her day. In the past my little one has gotten tons of pixie dust, but did not know what YOAMD would do different. We really want some of those Mickey ears!!!! To the post above. Yeah, my dd loves her big bows. We can not leave this house without our bows, bracelets, or purse! I have created a Little DIVA, and I love ever moment of it. She is only little one time, and soon my baby wont let me dress her the way she does now.

We have baby number two on the way, and I dont know what I will do if it is a girl. Daddy said he is already planning his apartment!!!! To much estrogen!:laughing: Bless his heart:goodvibes

I too NEED to know where you got your dd's clothes. They are far too cute and we are going in just 3 weeks. My dd is 2.5 and would look like a MILLION bucks in those, just as your dd does!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter