Dreams Unlimited Travel Podcast: Becoming a Dreams Unlimited Travel Agent - 11/28

Hi everyone!
I also got through to round 2. :) I am very hopeful that I make it to the next round. With that being said, I am curious if anyone has heard anything today? Also what do you consider 'the end of the day?' I have checked my email about 17,000 times today.
Thanks!

Hi everyone!
I also got through to round 2. :) I am very hopeful that I make it to the next round. With that being said, I am curious if anyone has heard anything today? Also what do you consider 'the end of the day?' I have checked my email about 17,000 times today.
Thanks!
Best of luck to you!!

Hi everyone!
Thanks!
I also got through to round 2. No emails though...was wondering the same thing as you. I have also been checking like crazy all day.

Sad to report, I haven't gotten an email. Wishing everyone the best!

Sorry to hear...and neither did I.

I want to thank the Dreams team for giving me a shot. Who knows? When I got into the WDW College Program, I did so though the wait list. Maybe Disney lightening will strike twice :)

I'm convinced they didn't want to lose my business as a customer

Still holding hope my email is lost in cyberspace!

I wanted to thank all of you who posted through the process. You really helped ease my nerves!

Best wishes to all the candidates on continuing the wonderful service I've experienced with Dreams Unlimited.

Sad to report no email for the wife, either. She was very disappointed but I had to remind her we have two trips to WDW in the next 200 days!

Bummer for her, sorry she was disappointed.

I wonder what the actual numbers of us who made it through from round 1 made it to round 2. I think I remember somewhere that they wanted to hire 8 people in the end (not sure where I heard that though).

I'd love to know the # of overall applicants too. I'm sure just getting through to the 1st cut down was a challenge.

Something for those being contacted for phone interviews......we place a very high value on discretion in our agents. It's important to our company and our clients that our agents are professional and discrete in how they present themselves online and in social media.

Bummer for her, sorry she was disappointed.

I wonder what the actual numbers of us who made it through from round 1 made it to round 2. I think I remember somewhere that they wanted to hire 8 people in the end (not sure where I heard that though).

I'd love to know the # of overall applicants too. I'm sure just getting through to the 1st cut down was a challenge.

I don't have exact numbers but can tell you we had several hundred applicants. From this we selected somewhere between 150-200 to move on to second step. We were surprised at the amount of positive responses received from this step. We then had to narrow that list down further for phone interviews.

We do want to thank everyone for their interest and patience as we went through this process.

Something for those being contacted for phone interviews......we place a very high value on discretion in our agents. It's important to our company and our clients that our agents are professional and discrete in how they present themselves online and in social media.

Just for future reference John is that over all or as a Dreams agent? Like can you have a personal Dis account and never say you are an agent there and then have your "agent" account.

I don't have exact numbers but can tell you we had several hundred applicants. From this we selected somewhere between 150-200 to move on to second step. We were surprised at the amount of positive responses received from this step. We then had to narrow that list down further for phone interviews.

We do want to thank everyone for their interest and patience as we went through this process.

As they say (and in the spirit of the Oscars), it was an honor just to be nominated. Thanks for the opportunity and for opening it up to folks who did not have travel agent experience. Best of luck to all of the new agents!

Best of luck to all new agents in making many Dreams come true.

(See what I did there?) LOL

Heed the excellent advice that was given on the podcast. :goofy: Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Many of us will thrive checking their phone all day long, but its something to consider, cause it will take over your life, if you want to do your best for the client.

Yeah. Welcome to the world of basically every small business owner, regardless of the field. You are never truly disconnected these days. It's something some people just can't fathom much less get used to.

I've never fostered any dreams of being a travel agent, I listened to the episode purely out of curiosity for how the travel agent system works in this day and age. Judging by the harsh tone the hosts had to take, with a laundry list of "don'ts" and reality checks for potential agents, I don't see the appeal.

I totally understand WHY the hosts sounded harsh and wanted to dispel any preconceived notions about this job. But I had to turn it off after 15 minutes. The negativity was just overwhelming.

I think it's a good way to judge if you really want to go for something or not. Like in anything else, the best way to succeed is to work on something that you are so passionate about, that no one can tell you otherwise. It's the best way to know if you should go for something that is difficult or not.

I think this is The Dis' and Dreams Unlimited's podcasts major advantage over most podcasts. They were trained in radio and the candor is so refreshing when compared to the others. I hope they never lose their spontaneity.:earboy2:

Sorry, just realized what i wrote. They did podcasts before without being seen. Not radio. I think that gives you an added freedom when not being watched, in my opinion.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!