Dreams Unlimited AP rate question

cinmell

DIS Veteran
If DU is handling your reservation and you are an annual passholder, are you gauranteed that DU will convert your reservation to an AP rate or are you better off taking care of it yourself? Have you ever had a reservation with DU when they were unable to convert your rate to an AP rate when it became available?

I don't think anythings a guarantee. If there is a code or AP rate that beats the rate you now have, Dreams will do their best for you.

I can only say they have always gotten me the best rate going. Yes I could do it myself, but why! When you have a agency that is looking out for your best interest, saving you money and also making you PS's.

Ditto what Mamu said. DU has always gotten me the best rate available. Not having to keep calling WDW to check on rates was wonderful. They do an excellent job.

Not to worry cinmell.....if there is an AP rate available for your hotel at the time of your travel, DU will snag it for you.

I too, have gone with DU and 'left the driving to them' so to speak. I'm a real control freak and wasn't too sure if I could give up control of my room rates to someone else. But, you here on the DIS boards have convinced me. And I have to say....I really am more relaxed now and not so obsessive about checking in at Mousesavers 20 times a day!!!!:rolleyes: I'm sure that DU will get me the best rate out there. Thanks all for your great info.

Originally posted by goofy4tink
I'm a real control freak and wasn't too sure if I could give up control of my room rates to someone else. But, you here on the DIS boards have convinced me. And I have to say....I really am more relaxed now and not so obsessive about checking in at Mousesavers 20 times a day!!!!:rolleyes:

I like to plan our trips and I too am a "Control Freak" when it comes to planning. However, I'm tired of waiting and checking for codes/ap rates so I just sent an email to DU asking for a quote and telling them I may like to switch my reservation to them. Thank you for your help!

Cinmell, as long as you have it noted that you are an AP holder Dreams will have it flagged in their system and will automatically check for AP rates when they are released. They will ALSO check for any code rates applicable to your reservation. Sometimes the code rate is better than the AP rate, but Dreams will always check both for you if you are eligible. :)

Michelle, a question for you if I may. Will DU automatically let me know what the AP rates are, even if I'm not an AP holder at that moment??

Goofy4tink, no, but you can certainly e-mail your agent and ask to be informed when AP rates come out. :)

Thank you! I emailed Du with a quote request yesterday and received a very quick response! I think I may switch my reservation. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter