Dreams Do Come True! A Disney Fairytale Wedding & Honeymoon TRIP REPORT! - WEDDING PICTURES!

MAY 3RD- AN EVENT I'VE DREAMED OF FOR ALMOST 8 YEARS!

So if you've never heard of the "Keys to the Kingdom tour," it's a special behind the scenes tour in the MK and you have to be over 16 years old to go on it (mainly because it goes to a couple of backstage areas where you might see some of the "magic" revealed). I remember being 15 and wanting to see the Utilidors under the MK so badly, which is one of the places this tour goes. It kind of got put on the back burner for a while, but I figured what better time to do the tour than on our "Ultimate Honeymoon"

It's a 5 hour tour that starts at Town Square Theater at 8 AM. I think you go on a couple of rides (HM and Jungle Cruise), you see the Utilidors, and a backstage area where they store the parade floats. Lunch is also included on the tour. I got an AP discount on this tour, which made it around $79 per person. I don't think that price is bad at all, especially compared to Wild Africa Trek :eek:

I had a really hard time deciding between this tour and the Marceline to MK tour.. mainly because I really want to go behind the scenes of the Haunted Mansion (which is where Marceline to MK goes). When I asked future DH's opinion, he said "I just want to see the underground tunnels." Since he hasn't made any other requests for the trip, I figured I would let him make the decision. Plus I was happy with either tour, I'm just a very indecisive person :confused3

giphy.gif

The tour lasts until 1 PM then we will visit the pups and head to Epcot! Our favorite park if you can't tell :rotfl:

I have two plans for this night at Epcot. If we felt like we haven't had enough time to just walk around and enjoy WS, I'm going with Option 2

Option 1: Dinner at Spice Road at 5:25 PM and the Frozen Dessert Party at 8 PM
Option 2: Dinner at Spice Road at 6:55 PM.. watch Illuminations from Spice Road's Patio

Option 2 gives us a little more time to enjoy WS before dinner, BUT I've really been wanting to try the FEA dessert party. Apparently, you sit with other people.. which I'm not crazy about, so I'm still a little undecided. The food looks AMAZING though :littleangel:

So if you weren't counting... that's 4 dessert events, 15 dining credits, and 2 tours. I definitely think we are going to have the Ultimate Disney Honeymoon and I wish we had enough time off work to do a relaxing honeymoon after our action packed honeymoon :lmao:

WE LEAVE THIS WEDNESDAY!!!!!!!

What about Japan for the Epcot shoot? Japan has some really pretty gardens (where the koi pond is) and some hidden gems! I am hoping against all hope the scrim comes down! Even if it doesnt you can get some great photos ON the carosel without the scrim Im better....hoping...

Your plans all look great. I have never been to the California Grill so looking forward to your review! You have a lot of eating packed in this trip! I am super jealous lol. I love food (way too much). The Pooh Puffed french toast is also my favorite! DF and I are doing a "relaxed" thing for our disneymoon so no MK breakfast for us :( I am gonna try and get CRT though since Irma cancelled it for us last year.

YES! I've seen some great photos in Japan. Another bride told me that they kind of had to base their decision off the lighting that morning. The lighting was too harsh in Canada by the time they got there, so I'm definitely going to keep my options open :thumbsup2

The last I heard (last week) is the scrim is still up :sad: I'll know for myself this Thursday when we are in the MK. There's still hope... but not much left. I think I'm going to try to talk my photographer into letting me go off my route to Be Our Guest if we can't get carousel shots :ssst: That and the inside of Cinderella's Castle.. which usually isn't an advertised option but we will see what happens that morning!

You could always try to book a late MK breakfast! Like 10:30ish! CRT feels like such a classic on a honeymoon and honestly it's better than other TS options in MK. Future DH hates the princesses coming around but I can deal with it :rotfl:

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!!!

This day is going to draggggg waiting until after work before we can leave :sad: I'm pretty much useless at work. I wish we could leave earlier, but it's pointless to get to the halfway point early tonight since we don't actually plan on doing anything there. The car is already packed and it is FULL. I know we can get everything to fit on the way down.. it's going to be the way back that is a problem because we will have 2 wedding dresses to bring back :sad2: My parents are taking the dresses down, so I might have to meet up with them and get them to take them back home.

I had the idea to use the leftover fabric from my dress alteration for my bouquet wrap, and I got confirmation today that my florist can do that! I'm really excited because I have the layer that is a pretty lavender purple color and I think it will look gorgeous.

We are soooo close!! I just hope everything goes well. It's definitely a lot different than most Disney trips since I have to worry about other family members who don't usually travel that far getting down there! :car:

Your plans sound so great! I cannot wait to read the whole trip report!

Yay for leaving day! have a very safe drive down and have a wonderful wedding if you don't get on the boards before your wedding day! I'll be hoping for a perfect day for you on Saturday!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding! Hope it is a perfect day!! Can't wait to read about it. :)

TRIP REPORT: ARRIVAL DAY APRIL 26TH

First, I can't believe our trip has came and gone! Talk about time flying! I'm (im)patiently waiting on professional pics and videos so I can start sharing on FB and getting canvases/pics printed... so for now I'm going to work on my trip report!

We left around 6 PM on April 25th and drove the 4 hours to the Savannah area. I drove 3 of these hours and it was pretty uneventful. Luckily no crazy thunderstorms like the last two times we made this drive at night.

The hotel was right off the interstate and very easy to find. It wasn't that great and wasn't even really clean.. I'd say it was worth half of what I actually paid :sad2: Luckily we were on the first floor, so it was very easy for us to walk the pups and take them in the room to go to sleep. This is where I started to get nervous about taking them out of town. They were in a strange hotel and I was so worried about them being stressed. Surprisingly, they went to sleep as soon as they got in the room and they didn't bark!
:dogdance:

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.10.50 PM.png

I did not sleep well AT ALL this night. I can never sleep at these interstate hotels.. plus I was nervous and excited about getting to Disney! I think I was up at 5 AM and never fell back asleep, but I was being nice and didn't want to wake hubby up. I think we finally hit the road around 7 AM. I drove the WHOLE WAY to Disney... so if you are counting that's 7 hours for me and 1 for hubby :rotfl:but he made up for it on the way home :thumbsup2

So we get to Best Friends and I walk in first to check things out. I remember being surprised about how big it was and also nervous about how our boys would do there for 8 days :eek: Best Friends is across from Port Orleans Riverside and is really in the middle of property.. so it was very convenient to visit them from any resort or park we were at

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.15.36 PM.png

I didn't know it when I took this pic walking in the front door, but our boys would be in the private section of rooms to the right.. they were so spoiled :thumbsup2

We checked them in, met with one of their "pet concierges" and played with them for a bit. My hubby was so uneasy about leaving them, but I could tell they were going to be fine. We left once we got the text that one of our rooms at the GF was ready. We were in Conch Key! We self parked at the Grand and dragged our luggage from the parking lot to the Conch Key building.. bad idea :eek: Once we walked in they told us they were doing some testing and the elevators were down, which was fine because I needed to catch my breath :rotfl:

Once we got to our room I was AMAZED. This was my first time staying at the Grand and the rooms seem just a little nicer than the other deluxe hotels. Plus the beds are sooo comfy!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.30.36 PM.png
Let's just say that this view made for an amazing background for wedding dress photos!

We were STARVING (we ate McDonalds the night before on the drive down :crazy2:) so we headed to Gasparilla Grill where we got ham subs and they were really good! This could have also been because we hadn't ate in a while :rotfl:

Then we picked up the tickets for the Hoop Dee Doo the next day (really surprised and happy I remembered to do this) and we met my parents to get my dresses! They took both dresses down (and good thing because our car was PACKED FULL). We got the text that our second room was ready right when my parents got there.. and we got the CONNECTING ROOM BESIDE US!! I really wanted this so we could get ready "together," but not together. And it made things really convenient for our photographers and videographers. At this point we weren't sure what to do. I wanted to head to MK, but hubby pointed out we probably wouldn't have time to visit the dogs after our 8:30 PM dinner like I originally planned.

Soooo we went back to Best Friends just to make sure they were doing okay :rotfl:and they were! They got a little too excited when they saw us again, which is what I wanted to avoid so we wouldn't stress them out.

We eventually went to the MK around 6 PM I think. We walked around, rode Space Mountain (first ride of the trip!) and then found a quiet area to sit and talk :wizard: It was so nice just people watching and taking in the nice night.

Finally, it was time for dinner in the castle!!! We had an AMAZING window seat (just the beginning of many pixie dust moments) and I got to watch some of my favorite fireworks from inside the CASTLE!!!!

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.43.01 PM.png
I eventually accepted the ugly carousel even though it was one of my main reasons for booking the MK bridal shoot :sad:

Dinner was great as usual and I ordered the chocolate slipper dessert!

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.45.49 PM.png

We left the MK around 10:15 PM and I thought the crowds would've cleared out by then, but I was wrong! It was 10:58 PM when we walked into our building at the Grand! I wish you could walk from the MK to the Grand!

NEXT: THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING!

Last edited:

:cool1::cool1:TRIP REPORT: APRIL 27TH THE DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING!

We started this morning with breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe. We were supposed to do 1900 PF, but hubby wanted something a little more low key and less chaotic. I was sort of on the same page and wasn't really wanting to dine in a room full of children the day before our wedding :rotfl:

We both had the Floridian pancakes... we definitely should've split them!

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.03.26 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 8.59.49 PM.png

Then it was back to our room to meet the woman coming to steam the dresses! I set everything up of the next morning (all of the small details.. jewelry, shoes, invitations) and had the dresses ready when she showed up at 9 AM. It took her exactly 2 hours to do both dresses.. it killed me to sit in the room for 2 hours at Disney, but gave us time to rest and the time really flew by!

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.07.21 PM.png

The dress looked so beautiful when she was done!!

We bolted out of the room at 11 to go see the dogs!

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.11.43 PM.png

They were doing great as you can see :rotfl:

Then it was off to Epcot to drink around the World!!!! We drove to the Beach Club and parked since we would be getting picked up at 4:45 PM there for the Hoop Dee Doo

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.15.08 PM.png
By 1 PM I had a La Vie en Rose Slush in my hand and was strolling through Morocco :thumbsup2 Talk about a perfect day :goodvibes

We had 2 PM reservations at Via Napoli. I'm the opposite of most people... I wanted to eat a big lunch before the HDDR because I don't really like fried chicken :eek:

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.20.11 PM.png

Chicken parm with a bite taken out :rotfl:Hubby wasn't too impressed with the pizza, and the chicken parm was just okay. I still like Mama Melrose a lot better. :thumbsup2

We walked around Epcot some more and then it was time to meet everyone at the Beach Club! I was really nervous about this night because I was sooo worried that my guests would think it was weird or childish.. let's just say it ended up being one of my favorite parts of the trip!

We picked everyone up on time (thank goodness :cool1:) and then we were off to the Hoop! Our driver got soooooo lost trying to get to Pioneer Hall. He stopped and asked for directions 3 times. I started to worry that we were going to be late :eek: Eventually I had to tell him to just drop us off and we would find it on foot. The drivers contracted through Mears ended up being my only real complaint from the wedding day. They were rude, inconsiderate and clueless. I did not tip them and did not feel bad at all.

We miraculously were sat on the first floor and all 14 of us at one table!!!! We were basically right in the middle of the first floor of the theater. It was AWESOME!!! We got called out for being a wedding couple during the celebration section of the show and hubby was NOT having it :rotfl:Poor thing he was mortified. And then my Papa got called on stage to be Davey's Angel! We were all in tears laughing so hard. Everyone loved the unlimited alcohol and our waitress even brought out pitchers of beer for each person :lmao:

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.34.15 PM.png

The haunted mansion groom's cake I ordered turned out amazing!! The inside was vanilla with cream cheese and fresh strawberries and it was SO GOOD. It was honestly better than our wedding cake (I feel awful saying that, but it's true :scared:) We had so much leftover that I sent with my sister because we were moving hotels the next day. She didn't even put it in the fridge... so I didn't get any more of that amazing cake :sad:

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.36.23 PM.png
The bus ride back to the resorts was a HOOT. Everyone was laughing and talking about the show. It will forever be one of my favorite memories :lovestruc... just sitting there beside my (then) hubby to be and thinking about how glad I was that I picked the HDDR.

Screen Shot 2018-05-05 at 9.37.40 PM.png
My Papa as Davey's Angel!!!

We visited the dogs again and it was about 11:30 before we got in bed! :scared: I couldn't believe that tomorrow was our wedding day!!!! I set the alarm for 4:20 AM and went to sleep! Surprisingly, I slept reallllyyy well thanks to those amazing GF beds :rolleyes:

NEXT UP: WEDDING DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WEDDING DAY IS HERE! APRIL 28TH- UPDATED WITH PICTURES

*UPDATING THIS POST WITH OUR PICTURES FROM THE ROOT PHOTOGRAPHY*

I don't remember if I woke up before my alarm or not, but regardless I was up at 4:20 AM :scared: I could tell my adrenaline was going to take me through most of the day.. as I was so awake it was almost scary :rotfl:I quietly brushed my teeth and rinsed my face and then went into our other room to change into my "getting ready" clothes while hubby slept. I wore a kate spade PJ set, a kate spade terry robe, and furry UGG slippers. Then I had to head down to
the entrance to the Conch Key building to let the hair and makeup artist in! She was right on time, so we went up to my room and she got started on making me look beautiful!!

0003.jpg
The videographers arrived around 5:15 AM (the hair and makeup artist did my hair first, so I didn't have any makeup on when they showed up :eek:... what a great first impression :rotfl:) They took my small item to the main lobby and got detail shots while the hair and makeup artist worked her magic :bride:

By the time they came back. I had makeup on (thank goodness lol) and the Roots, my mom, and sister had arrived! It got real cramped, real quick lol. Luckily this was a king bed room, so we had a ton of extra space on the other side of the bed, or I'm not sure how everyone would've maneuvered around.

My bouquet was delivered on time and was exactly what I wanted!!! It was absolutely gorgeous. I wanted to get it preserved, but I couldn't work out a time for the Florida company to come pick it up and by the time it got home with me it was way too dead. I have it hanging upside down in my closet now, so we will see what happens. I do know I'm going to get a recreation made for sure! We are also starting yard work at our first home, and I think we are going to try to plant some of the flowers from my bouquet :goodvibes

0166.jpg

The wrap on the stems is extra fabric from my dress!

So the videographers and photographers worked around each other to get shots of my dress hanging in front of the balcony door with the monorail going behind it.. super excited to see those! Then it was finally time to get in my dress! My dress is super easy to put on, so i stepped in and my mom zipped it halfway up. Then the photographers and videographers came in and captured the moment my mom and sister zipped it all the way up.

0059.jpg 0066.jpg

Luckily hubby was up and had showered and was ready on time :cheer2:so then it was time to get him in place for the first look!!!!!

My mom and sister stayed behind and handled the luggage (well halfway handled it... my mom sent our luggage to the WRONG HOTEL :lmao: more on that later)

I was soooo nervous about the first look. I don't even really remember going down the elevator to meet him. Actually, I don't even remember who was on the elevator with me! I know one of my photographers was.. but I don't remember who else lol. I HATE how I "black out" when I get nervous!!

Anyway, I had no idea where we were doing the first look, but it ended up being right outside the Conch Key building.. kind of in the intersection of all the other buildings. I remember standing a good distance away from hubby and I think this is where I first met my planner. I don't know how she found us, but she took control and started directing people away from walking through our first look. One of the photographers asked if I wanted to tap hubby on the shoulder or have him turn around and watch me walk up.

I chose to have him turn around once I was closer and watch me walk up. As I started walking, I started to feel a little emotional, but then when he turned around I started BAWLING... like STRAIGHT UP UGLY CRYING :rotfl::lmao:it did NOT look like a happy cry even though it was. And then he started crying so I couldn't STOP crying!!! I just remember thinking.. this moment has been almost 8 years in the making and I couldn't believe it was finally HERE. We had come so far and accomplished so much since we met at 15 and 16 years old. I'm getting emotional just writing this :rotfl:

0134.jpg

Side note: Hubby said that while he was standing there waiting there were numerous guests complaining about us doing pictures in a public walkway.... just saying you will never know how much time, heart, and effort I put into planning our wedding day and I have dreamt about our first look for YEARS. YOU CAN GO A DIFFERENT WAY IF SOMEONE ASKS YOU NOT TO WALK THROUGH PICTURES :sad2::headache::mad: My hubby and I always wait for someone to take a picture instead of just walking straight through it. I'm praying no one walked behind us during our emotional moment, but I have no idea because I was so focused on US.

Rant Over :lovestruc

Once the tears cleared we took a few more pictures together and then somehow it was already time for family pictures!

0187.jpg

We walked into the lobby to meet everyone and hubby's family and my grandparents didn't even recognize us at first :rotfl:My MIL said she thought it was another bride! I know when we first walked up to them I saw her looking at me, but she hadn't put it together yet. Then when she DID realize it was us, she started tearing up! :lovestruc She had to walk away for a second to keep from full on crying. It was such a special moment that I will always remember. I'm so thankful that my MIL is basically my second mother. She is awesome and I feel like I could never do enough to show her my appreciation.

After all of the posed family shots we got a couple more of just me and hubby on the second floor landing (love this photo spot!)

0276.jpg

Another rant about people getting in other people's pictures!!! Hubby and I were standing here doing pictures and a foreign family of like 6 walked up and STOOD RIGHT BESIDE MY PHOTOGRAPHERS LIKE THEY WERE IN LINE TO MEET A CHARACTER OR SOMETHING. They stood there for a good 5 minutes "waiting" their turn. And the dad ALMOST sent his kid out in front of us!!!! DO THESE PEOPLE LIVE UNDER A ROCK. WHY WOULD YOU ATTEMPT TO INTERRUPT SOMEONE'S WEDDING PHOTOS.

Then it was time for the family to load up in the bus and head to the Wedding Pavilion. I went with one of our photographers to the side entrance to the lobby and Chad went to the main entrance. He was riding in the Rolls Royce to the Pavilion and I was going in the Carriage!!

My planner got me in position to walk out and get in the carriage and gave me a glass of water (thank goodness :rotfl:), then she had to grab someone to help her open the double doors leading out of the lobby... LOL thank you random stranger. My photographer got pictures "through" the carriage of me walking out the lobby. Then I did the slightly complicated climb into the carriage while the paparazzi took pictures of me :laughing: (but seriously, what do people do with pictures of another bride in the carriage??? Will I be in someone's scrapbook... I may never know!!)

0293.jpg

The ride was slightly awkward. I rode by myself so there wasn't anyone to talk to. One of the ponies was NOT cooperating (I honestly thought they were going to have to stop the carriage ride), so the ride was VERY SLOW. Like almost awkwardly slow and we did a lot of stopping and going. All the while people were standing there staring at me :lmao:so I waved like I was in a parade LOL.

My family was standing outside of the Pavilion waiting for the processional to start, so they got to see me ride up in the carriage (it was a surprise for everyone except my Dad). I did my graceful exit (luckily I didn't trip or fall) and walked across the bridge into the Pavilion. Once again my planner had to tell people to move because they were standing at the beginning of the bridge BLOCKING the view of the carriage. I made it into the bride's vestibule and had a few nervous minutes before the officiant came in and talked to me. I was so nervous that I honestly don't remember what he said :rotfl:

My planner came and got me in position to walk into the Pavilion... it took a little while to get my dress and veil in position (and I have NO IDEA if it moved nicely while I walked down the aisle.. hopefully it didn't wrap into a ball LOL)

The doors opened to "When You Wish Upon A Star" and I met my Dad shortly after I walked through the doors. We walked down the aisle, and I think we had a good pace even though I was super nervous. We got to the altar and this was the only point where things were a little shaky (remember we didn't have a rehearsal :laughing:)

My officiant did this thing where my Dad joins our hands together when he gives me away. I was still holding my Dad's arm, so he said "step forward" and we all stepped forward :rotfl:when he meant for only my dad to step forward. I think we played it off well, but it definitely looked like we had no idea what we were doing (Because we didn't LOL). Then hubby and I walked up the stairs and got in position. I had to try and fluff my dress out and then my sister got up and sort of helped me fix it.. hopefully it looked okay.

The only other point where we were a little lost was during the unity candle. I was whispering what to do to hubby and he had a microphone on.. so I'm sure people heard it LOL

Anyway, the ceremony wasn't perfect, but I knew there would be mistakes even if we did have a rehearsal, but regardless we were MARRIED!!!! :bride:

0387.jpg

Then we walked out and around the Pavilion to Picture Point where we got some pictures with the castle in the background.

0426.jpg

We did the petal exit and staged exit in the Carriage, and then switched to the Rolls in the back of the parking lot and came back around as the guests were getting on the bus. I'm not sure what our guests thought about either.. but I loved being able to get pictures in both!!

This post is getting very long, so I'll start back up with reception details in the next post!

Last edited:
Loving your report so far! You look stunning! I cannot wait to see your professional photos! Every wedding has some snags, and they make for good stories down the road. So glad you decided to embrace all the little snags! I wonder if my friend was your coach driver. Did you have a girl or a boy?

Congrats !

Loving your Wedding Report.
You both look so beautiful and handsome !

Thank you so much!!!

Loving your report so far! You look stunning! I cannot wait to see your professional photos! Every wedding has some snags, and they make for good stories down the road. So glad you decided to embrace all the little snags! I wonder if my friend was your coach driver. Did you have a girl or a boy?

Thank you!!! I really expected there to be more issues on the wedding day and the days leading up to it, so I'm the fact that there were only a couple of things that I really don't even recall now is a huge blessing :worship:

I believe all of my coach attendants were girls!

WEDDING DAY PART 2 - RECEPTION! - UPDATED WITH PICTURES FROM THE ROOTS!

Just FYI, ever since we got back I literally tear up when I think about how perfect my day was. So we will see if I make it through writing about it without crying!! :rotfl:I really don't think I'll ever have a day better than my wedding day. And I usually have the worst luck, so the fact that the whole day went better than I ever imagined is nothing short of a miracle. Honestly one reason why I don't want to have a vow renewal later in life is I always want to remember our wedding day as THIS day.. because I don't think it could be any better :sad::laughing:

Anyway, I left off with the end of the ceremony.

So after we did our exit with both the carriage and the car.. which by the way the car exit was kind of weird and not what I expected. The driver drove literally 0.3 miles an hour past our guests. Like it was slower than the MK parade :rotfl:so it was sort of awkward. I thought we would be driving past them while they were getting on the bus, which would've seemed less staged. Oh and I rolled the window down and the driver rolled it back up :confused:, so I rolled it back down LOL

Then we got out of the car for more pictures with the car and carriage. Oh and let me tell you, that car was really hard to get in and out of in that dress. The seat is basically a couch that swallows you whole. I had to use some ab muscles to catapult myself out :rotfl2:

0506.jpg

They brough the carriage back around for more pictures. We couldn't get super close to one side of the carriage because of the misbehaving pony. He was really distraught/angry and I sort of felt bad for him :sad1: but then they told us we could pet the front two ponies because they were super friendly. And that's where we got the awesome picture of Wilbur eating my flowers.. to be honest that was probably my favorite part of having the carriage :rolleyes:

0573.jpg 0580.jpg

To be honest, I wasn't all that impressed with the carriage for the price. I wish I would've never seen pictures of the one at Disneyland :sad2::sad: It literally makes the Disney World one look like a toy. It was cool for pictures and video, but I think I would've liked it more at an outdoor venue where the guests could've seen it pull up. Vow renewal idea?? :rolleyes:

Then we went into the Pavilion for more pictures and I got to take everything in without the nervousness. The wedding day my first time ever being in the Wedding Pavilion and it truly is beautiful. There is no way to put it into words.. and pictures do not do it justice. It's so bright and peaceful. My guests were super impressed... and I didn't even have to decorate it that much :teeth: I didn't take the time to walk up to the window to look at the castle, but I do remember thinking it looked large through the magnifying window.

0514.jpg 0520.jpg 0517.jpg

I'm really glad I ended up cutting the aisle petals and candles. That would've been like an extra $1000 that I didn't even miss. I like that my aisle runner was the main focus of the decor because you can't tell from these pictures, but I upgraded it to super glittery letters with Mickey head scrolls :rotfl:We got it framed and put it in our house!

So we got more photos in here as the team tore all my decor down :sad: (they do this SO fast to get ready for the next wedding) then we did photos outside and eventually it was time for me to change into my second dress

My heart sort of broke when I took my ceremony dress off and knew I wouldn't have any more pictures in it that day :sad1: I loved that dress and I wish it had like a detachable train or something. My reception dress was super fun to dance in though and I would've BURNED up in that long sleeved dress all day.

We hopped in the Rolls and drove over to backstage Epcot. The driver wasn't very friendly and didn't really talk to us. I think the early morning was starting to catch up with both of us so we didn't really talk either :rotfl:I remember telling myself, "wake up, you don't want to sleepwalk through your wedding day!" I was pretty tired though.

We got out of the car and one of the wedding assistants took my bouquet for me, but I didn't know she wasn't going to bring it back :confused: I had it refreshed for the park shoots the next day, but I thought they would take it after the reception. I thought it would be used for decor on the sweetheart or cake table. I didn't really need any more decor for either table, but I really loved that bouquet LOL.

We were escorted to the GM Lounge and had to dart across the lobby so none of the guests saw us in the main area. I think we were successful :woohoo:We got to eat a couple of bites of fruit and cheese and rehydrated in a conference room while we waited to be introduced. I kind of wish we had a little more time here. I was so nervous about the whole reception in general so it was nice to sort of calm down.

Eventually it was time to be introduced. I remember feeling so nervous.. mostly because we were going straight into the first dance. I wanted to practice our first dance so bad. Heck, I probably would've even gone for a choreographed one if I knew it would keep us from looking awkward, but hubby wasn't having any of that :rotfl:

So we flat out winged our first dance, and it was legit a first dance because I don't think we've danced with each other before (other than the "high school sway"). I was so nervous I don't remember much of it. Other than just swaying and attempting to dance and looking at each other :laughing:

0637.jpg

Oh well, our photographers did tell us that the high school sway is the best for pictures :thumbsup2

Once the longest 3 minutes of my life were over it was time for us to take our seats at the sweetheart table. My sister gave a short toast. She was super nervous about it and broke down crying at the end, which then made me cry :rotfl2:

Finally, it was time to eat!!! I was so disappointed when I took a few bites of food and then couldn't eat any more :sad: My dress was just way too constricting. I wish they could've gave us some at the end to take back to the hotel, but I understand why they can't.

We did our parent dance to "You'll Be In My Heart," which faded into "Hawaiian Roller Coaster Ride" and it was time for our first surprise... STITCH!!!! :stitch:

0731.jpg
I lost my mind when he came out. Like I was seriously jumping up and down and I probably looked like a crazy four year old but whatever :rotfl:

The DJ played some Elvis music and he danced his heart out. I couldn't keep up!! At the end of his set we gathered on the dance floor for a group picture and then Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto came out!! We got a picture with Stitch, Mickey, Minnie, and Pluto before Stitch said goodbye (he couldn't be in the same set with the other characters for some reason). We danced some more (by this time my feet were KILLING me) and then it was cake cutting time!!

0816.jpg

It was hard to cut into this beauty!!! When I saw my cake, my jaw dropped. It was exactly what I wanted and way better than I ever imagined. I hate that we had to throw away our anniversary layer and the cake topper :sad:

0773.jpg
Some of the guests left after the cake cutting, which was fine because i was honestly surprised they stayed that long! We talked to our guests some more, I had a chance to try both of our speciality cocktails (which was a HUGE hit) and then we danced even more. At this point I kicked off my shoes because I couldn't handle it any more :rotfl:

I think we cut our reception short by about 20 minutes because it just felt natural to wrap up by then. We walked quite a distance back to the bus (I couldn't feel my feet by this point). And this situation was the only bad thing I experienced on the whole day. The driver of our bus was super rude and clueless. He asked if anyone needed to go back to the Wedding Pavilion. I said no but he took us to the Grand Floridian anyway :confused3 so we decided to take that opportunity to go ahead and get our car and just drive ourselves to the Yacht Club. He seemed to be offended by that for some reason? He started freaking out saying our planner told him we were going to the Yacht Club and why did he come to the Grand Floridian if no one was getting off. Sir, I don't know why you drove to the Grand after we told you nobody needed to go there, but I'm going to get off and get my car since you drove all the way here.

So hubby and I unloaded ALL of the stuff from the reception with no help from the bus driver and lugged it all the way to the back of the guest parking lot in my wedding dress in 90 degree heat. I was a very tired, angry bride by that point.. sorry for anyone who came through my path but I was very bridezilla at that point :rotfl2:

We got to the Yacht Club and we were whisked to the 5th floor to check in. Thank goodness they gave me some water because I was working up a sweat in that ballgown. Then I had to deal with some rude guest at the adjacent concierge desk that seemed to scoff at the idea of a Disney wedding and honeymoon. He asked if we had any plans and I said we were honeymooning at Disney (obviously since we were checking in.. DUH) and he said, "oh... well congrats anyway" :confused: He became someone we tried to avoid, but he was ALWAYS at one of the concierge desks. I wore my Mickey wedding ears almost every day because I've waited forever to wear those ears and one day he said, "Didn't you get married like 3 days ago?" Yes sir, I did. Why the he** do you care so much? I actually said, well you only get married once and this IS my HONEYMOON. He said, "you'll want to take your veil off eventually." Sir, do you really think this was my WEDDING VEIL? They are MICKEY EARS.. ya know... because we are at DISNEY :lmao:

Anyway, I believe we were upgraded to a water view room! I can't get a picture to upload right now, but we looked over the pool and we could see Crescent Lake!

So 30 minutes after we check in, we call to have our luggage delivered to our room (which we had already mentioned to the concierge, but hadn't heard anything). That's when we find out that my mom had my luggage delivered to the BEACH CLUB :confused3:sad2: They were staying at the Beach Club and she knew I wasn't staying at the same hotel as them :badpc: It was literally the only thing I put her in charge of. So we waited another 30 minutes for the luggage and we had NO other clothes to wear while we waited. I HAD to get out of that dress, so we put the "free" robes on. The bellman was SO confused when I opened the door :rotfl:I think he thought he had interrupted something.

We got to rest for about an hour before it was time for the Dessert Party!!! That will be in the next post!!!

Our anniversary layer got jostled somewhere in all the lugging of luggage and was completely demolished by the time we got to the Yacht Club...
So sad :sad: But it gives me a reason to order a new cake on our next trip! :cheer2:

Last edited:
WEDDING DAY PART 3-DESSERT PARTY! - UPDATED WITH PICTURES FROM THE ROOTS!

So we met the Roots at the Yacht Club for pictures before walking over to the Dessert Party, and I'm so glad we did because they are some of my favorites!

0935.jpg

I'm sooo glad we had a Dessert Party! It was nice to have a break and then get our guests back together in a more casual setting! The only regret I have is not adding beer and wine because I think my guests sort of expected it after the open bar at the reception :scared:

The nacho bar was a huge hit and so was the flambeed apple pie cronuts with moonshine. It was super cool to watch them flambe them onsite. The zebra domes and carrot cake cookies were good too, but they started sticking to the plate from the heat :crazy2: Oh and I loved the Jalepeno cheese pretzels, but I think I was the only one LOL

0989.jpg
0992.jpg
0997.jpg
1000.jpg 1016.jpg

I am sensitive to food with heavy cream or full milk... so a lot of desserts or cheese/ice cream will really mess with my stomach (definitely lactose intolerant). About 15 minutes before the show I started getting that rumbling in my stomach and I thought I was going to puke :eek: I quickly tried to distract myself.. no way was I going to run to the bathroom and miss my amazing fireworks pictures and video. Luckily the fireworks distracted me (and my stomach) :thumbsup2

We didn't get to watch the fireworks because we were cozying up/looking cute for our pictures and video. Luckily I knew when all the big fireworks were so I could direct hubby when to look at me, when to kiss, etc. It's amazing how short the show felt compared to when I usually watch it :eek: I hope they got some good shots!

1057.jpg 1059.jpg 1062.jpg

My guests loved the show!!! Afterwards we were whisked away for our ride on Test Track!!! The day was realllyyy hitting me at this point and I was sooo tired. I thought I might fall asleep on the bus on the way over to Test Track :rotfl:But then the excitement hit me because this was the first time I was going to ride Test Track at night in a longggg time! We went through the VIP entrance (so we didn't get to make our own cars :sad1:) and quickly got in. I was trying to wait for our videographers, so they could get footage of us getting in the car, but I think we still got in before they could get the shot.

My favorite Test Track picture ever!!!

IMG_5971.JPG
I couldn't get hubby to put his full suit back on for the dessert party. I'm lucky I got him back in the dress pants and collared shirt :sad2: Oh well, he cooperated most of the day :cutie:

The bus ride back to the resorts was pretty quiet. I think everyone was super tired (me included). Now that everyone is back home, they STILL haven't stopped talking about it. I think it will be something everyone always remembers. My grandmother had the TIME OF HER LIFE. And we were so worried about them making it down there and getting around. They even went to the Magic Kingdom by themselves and split a banana split sundae at the Plaza :lovestruc She danced her heart out at the reception and they even rode Test Track. I'm honestly so happy that she and everyone else had an amazing time. The whole day was a celebration with our closest friends and family and it was the best day I could've ever asked for :teeth:

Honeymoon trip report starts next!!!!

Last edited:
WOW!!!!! You look stunning!!!

Congratulations! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

We were married at the Poly... many, many, many years ago! ((almost 17 years)) I walked down the aisle to When you Wish Upon a star too! Perfect song for us Disney brides!

You are a beautiful bride-I wish you a LIFETIME of happiness! :lovestruc

I was married at WDW (many years ago) and your wedding brought back many happy memories-- as well as a few grimaces. The rude concierge at YC? We had a similar experience with check in staff at GF. The wedding cake anniversary layer? The bellboy literally *threw* the box to my DH (luckily DH caught it before it smashed to the ground) but I just stood there in my wedding gown in the center of the room, mouth-open and shocked, not believing I just saw that happen.

I love your flowers, they are perfect! I was the same way about mine--STILL think about how gorgeous they were. I think planting the same flowers at your new home is a super sweet idea. Love that! And yep, I still think about how wonderful the wedding and honeymoon were.

Anyhow, the cake was unsalvageable so my DH ate it for breakfast the morning after our wedding, washed down with warm, flat champagne left over from the reception. To this day it is the single most decadent thing I have ever seen my health and fitness, uber self-disciplined hubby do. lol But dang it was really, really good--even scraped off of the box lid...
So, maybe smooshed cake good luck, because my DH and I have been very happy...:love: Plus you were married on my birthday, so you are golden! Ha ha!

Can't wait to see your professional pics!

Best Wishes and Congratulations!!!

April 29th - Park Shoots - UPDATED WITH PICTURES!

WE GOT OUR PARK SHOOT PICTURES!!
Well,
the online previews at least. Overall I'm really happy with how they turned out. I can't wait to print and hang them.. I'm already buying frames :laughing: I'm putting some of my favorites in this post!

*WARNING: This post will be ALL words because I'm still waiting on ANY pictures from the park shoot (even though I've seen on Facebook where a couple who had their Epcot shoot the same day have had their pictures for TWO weeks, and the same for a couple that had their MK shoot after me :headache:) I don't want to rush them through editing, but at the same time I really expected to get one or two photos as a preview. I've heard absolutely nothing. I'll update with pictures when I get them, but I want to document the morning before I forget too much more LOL*

Back to our regular programming:

giphy.gif

Let's just say I'm lucky I got DH to get up at early TWO mornings in a row... especially for the sole purpose of pictures. We're talking about someone who hates two things: pictures and early mornings on vacation :rotfl:

giphy.gif

I woke up at 3:30 AM after a relaxing 4 hours of sleep.. LOL just kidding.. I woke up almost every hour because my phone was going through this weird stage where it only vibrates when my alarm goes off. I was terrified I was going to oversleep my $2k photoshoot :scared:

giphy.gif

So I go downstairs to the Yacht Club lobby to meet the hair and makeup artist and it was SCARY quiet. Actually, I didn't realize that there are CM's that clean the lobby at that time of night. I'm almost certain they thought I was sleepwalking considering I rolled out of bed and walked down there in my pajamas :rotfl:

giphy.gif

My hair and makeup artist was AMAZING. I loved her personality and of course her talent. She made me feel so comfortable and she had enough energy that early in the morning to even keep me awake LOL. Plus, she completely understood when I told her that DH was still sleeping and I was trying not to wake him up. Sleepy DH = grumpy DH So we went in the little bathroom area with the sliding door.. she was able to fit 2 chairs, all of her supplies, both of us AND we could shut the door. DH said he didn't even know she was in there :thumbsup2

It was really nice getting to talk to her again after the wedding day. I was so nervous the morning before so I wasn't talking very much, but I was happy I got to tell her all about the big day! I basically had to drag DH out of bed at 5:50 AM (pick-up was at 6 AM ) and I jumped in my dress with the help of my hair and makeup artist. And the trek from our room at the Yacht Club to the lobby was soooo long. I had to take my heels off and basically run LOL. I think we were only a couple of minutes late though.

giphy.gif

Once we got in the van with the photographers I got super tired. The ride was sooo quiet :rotfl:They took us through backstage Magic Kingdom and I barely remember what I saw through the windows. I think my eyes were closed the whole time. I remember going past Space Mountain and around Tomorrowland and they told us about the Tron Coaster, and then we came up on the Fronteirland backstage entrance and we drove through the parade float storage area (little did I know this would be a big part of the Keys to the Kingdom Tour on our last day :thumbsup2) and they pointed out the backs of Space Mountain and Pirates.

And then we actually DROVE through the Magic Kingdom which was super cool. I've never realized how big the walkways are until the park was completely empty. We parked in front of Liberty Tree and waited for the photographers and videographers to get set up and then we were off to THE CASTLE!!!!

PH601390418 - 0014.jpg

The only negative to a spring wedding is how early the sun rises. We were literally running to get shots of the sunrise, and it was an absolutely beautiful one. Standing in the Magic Kingdom, watching the orange and purple sunrise with my hubby was just as magical as my wedding day :lovestruc

PH601390418 - 0019.jpg PH601390418 - 0020.jpg
PH601390418 - 0034.jpg

I just wish the MK park shoot didn't feel sooo rushed.. that hour goes by unbelievably fast I don't even know how people usually do all 3 attractions on their routes. Our route included the Carousel, Wishing Well, and Mad Tea Party. The Carousel was under a scrim, so I didn't care to spend as much time as I originally wanted there, but we spent so much time at the side of the castle that we didn’t get much of the front of the castle or the Wishing Well. We got like two shots of the Carousel and didn't actually get to get on it. We did some shots in front of the mosiac under the castle at my request, and then some looking out towards Main Street. We did get a few on the ramp leading up to the castle, which I'm thankful for. Then we quickly ran over to the Carousel and got some close ups since it was under that ugly scrim :crazy2:

PH601390418 - 0042.jpg
PH601390418 - 0049.jpg
PH601390418 - 0055.jpg
PH601390418 - 0057.jpg
PH601390418 - 0072.jpg
PH601390418 - 0073.jpg

And before I knew it we were sprinting back to the car while hearing "the Magic Kingdom will open at 7:45 AM this morning, all areas must be clear of vehicles at this time." It was also an Early Morning Magic day. I swear I saw some day guests entering the park as we scooted around the corner to Liberty Tree. Much like my wedding day, I had absolutely no reference of time, but I did notice that the couple that got there before us still hadn't left, which led me to believe they probably had Route 3 (Rapunzel bathrooms, Pirates and the Haunted Mansion). There probably isn't as much as a time crunch with those areas... which makes me regret not asking for a picture with the Tangled bathrooms

We loaded into the van and went to Epcot! My feet were absolutely KILLING ME and my dress was SOAKED. In case you didn't know, the Magic Kingdom gets pressure washed every morning, and as careful as I tried to be there were a couple of puddles that my dress didn't miss I still haven't looked at it to see how bad it is, but I would imagine the lining is BLACK. That was another thing that really slowed us down at the park shoot... having to constantly pick my dress completely off the ground and readjust it every time we moved locations.. the only negative to a really long train.

giphy.gif

*I've reached my file limit for this post, so I will have to upload the Epcot pictures in a separate post!*

Our videographers also went to Epcot with us (yay!!!!) I literally decided on the countries I wanted on the ride over there. We choose Canada, Morocco, and Italy (I was so torn on Italy or France, but Italy looks gorgeous during Flower and Garden!) We went backstage Epcot and entered the Canada Pavilion from a door that leads straight to the waterfall area. The waterfall made it really hard to hear the photographers and videographers, so it will be interesting to see what we get out of that LOL. Then we finally went to the garden area, which is why I really wanted Canada, and our videographers took an aerial view of us walking across the little bridge. I really hope that makes it into the video!

Then we went to Morocco… the Fez House was my main reason for picking this country. We did engagement pictures in Epcot and I have a canvas of us in the Fez House in our house, so I’m hoping to be able to have another one in our wedding attire! The videographers got cool video of us walking under the arch at the entrance to the Pavilion (sorry, I don’t know the name of it!) and they got video of us dancing in the Fez House!! (I’m hoping photography was also taking pictures.. I felt like it was hard for them to work together sometimes)

And then it was time for Italy. I honestly almost considered just cutting the photo shoot then. I was EXHAUSTED and I didn't think I would be able to walk in my shoes anymore. But, I really wanted shots on the front staircase (the one behind the Lady and the Tramp topiaries during Flower and Garden). So we did that and then the staircase further into the Pavilion and then we finished up with a dip and a kiss in front of the building with all the columns (again, not good with architecture names LOL)

And just like that, all of our wedding events were DONE!! My feet were happy, but at the same time I wanted to do it all over again knowing there was nothing to worry about (if that makes sense). Even though I told myself to be in the moment, there were still things I worried about, but knowing now that everything went PERFECTLY I wish I could do it all again.

giphy.gif

UP NEXT: The rest of this day! (Cali Grill Brunch, Epcot with wedding guests, and the most bizarre, horrible experience at Flying Fish)

Last edited:
I can't wait to see all the pictures! Who took them?! And can you only do 3 countries at Epcot? I can't even imagine how to choose! lol

WOW!!!!! You look stunning!!!

Congratulations! I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

We were married at the Poly... many, many, many years ago! ((almost 17 years)) I walked down the aisle to When you Wish Upon a star too! Perfect song for us Disney brides!

Thank you!!!! :flower1: I loved how the organ allowed us to incorporate Disney music for the ceremony without it being over the top. I don't even think my guests noticed that all the songs were from Disney movies :rotfl:

You are a beautiful bride-I wish you a LIFETIME of happiness! :lovestruc

I was married at WDW (many years ago) and your wedding brought back many happy memories-- as well as a few grimaces. The rude concierge at YC? We had a similar experience with check in staff at GF. The wedding cake anniversary layer? The bellboy literally *threw* the box to my DH (luckily DH caught it before it smashed to the ground) but I just stood there in my wedding gown in the center of the room, mouth-open and shocked, not believing I just saw that happen.

I love your flowers, they are perfect! I was the same way about mine--STILL think about how gorgeous they were. I think planting the same flowers at your new home is a super sweet idea. Love that! And yep, I still think about how wonderful the wedding and honeymoon were.

Anyhow, the cake was unsalvageable so my DH ate it for breakfast the morning after our wedding, washed down with warm, flat champagne left over from the reception. To this day it is the single most decadent thing I have ever seen my health and fitness, uber self-disciplined hubby do. lol But dang it was really, really good--even scraped off of the box lid...
So, maybe smooshed cake good luck, because my DH and I have been very happy...:love: Plus you were married on my birthday, so you are golden! Ha ha!

Can't wait to see your professional pics!

Best Wishes and Congratulations!!!

Thank you so much!!! :goodvibes OMG our poor cakes :rotfl:I'll never forget the look on my face when I opened that box LOL. We still don't know what exactly happened to that cake. I'm already looking forward to getting it remade when we go back :laughing: That's awesome that I was married on your bday... so many similarities here! :thumbsup2

I can't wait to see all the pictures! Who took them?! And can you only do 3 countries at Epcot? I can't even imagine how to choose! lol

Our wedding day pictures were taken by the Roots and our park shoot (Magic Kingdom and Epcot) photos were done by Daniel at Disney Fine Art Photography. I'm thinking it's going to be the full 6 weeks before I get the park shoot photos :sad: but I'm hoping to have the wedding day photos soon! Fingers crossed! :goodvibes

It was sooo hard to decide on the countries LOL. I was still trying to decide as we pulled into Epcot :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!