DREAMS/DIS Exclusive BSM 7/5 -7/10/20

I’ve heard the Farmers market is fun. We may have to check that out the night before this trip.
[/QUOTE]
It was fun. we had 6 of us from the group take a Uber over for dinner. Lots and Lots of different places to eat.

I’ve heard the Farmers market is fun. We may have to check that out the night before this trip.
It was fun. we had 6 of us from the group take a Uber over for dinner. Lots and Lots of different places to eat.
[/QUOTE]
...and some interesting shops. We make it a practice to stop at the Farmer's Market whenever we are in LA. Oh, be sure to stop at Bob's Donuts while there!

Hello ABD friends! Just checking in. I’m trying to figure out the best way to pay for this trip.

I’m saving a chunk of change each month, with my original idea to pay the balance in February with my Disney visa. Then I’ve got points for a Disney gift card for our wdw spring break trip.

But then I also realized we only need 20k points to get the companion pass for our southwest card. I’m wondering if I should pay in full towards the companion pass....but might not spend enough.

What’d ya think? A Disney gift card or a potential companion pass? :)

Would you use the companion pass if you get it? If so, even once, then yes, I’d definitely do that. That’s a better value than a Disney Gift Card. What time frame do you have to make the spend? Are you already maximizing its usage (gas,groceries, any utilities that will allow you to pay without charging a fee, etc?). Trust me, I get it, I’m currently in the mode of getting as many Chase UR as possible so I can get at least one free business class seat when my husband and I go to Australia in 2021. I’m hoping for two, but I’ll settle for one 😀 All I know, when I make final payment for this trip, I’ll get triple miles....so that much closer towards my Australia flight.....it’s a problem, I know. LOL

Would you use the companion pass if you get it? If so, even once, then yes, I’d definitely do that. That’s a better value than a Disney Gift Card. What time frame do you have to make the spend? Are you already maximizing its usage (gas,groceries, any utilities that will allow you to pay without charging a fee, etc?). Trust me, I get it, I’m currently in the mode of getting as many Chase UR as possible so I can get at least one free business class seat when my husband and I go to Australia in 2021. I’m hoping for two, but I’ll settle for one 😀 All I know, when I make final payment for this trip, I’ll get triple miles....so that much closer towards my Australia flight.....it’s a problem, I know. LOL

Yes, we’d definitely use the companion pass. But I need about 20k points before the end of the year. Not sure if I’d make it. Maybe I can pay for all of your trips and you reimburse me. 🤣🤣🤣

Is it a 1:1 ratio for points? If so, then you need the full $20k by the end of the year, so I could see how that could be difficult. It’s a Chase card, right (sorry for my ignorance, we just never fly Southwest, so I’m not as familiar with the card as some others) If so, what about a shopping portal to get extra points? Or is it just straight amount of money?

Depending on how close you are, and exactly how much you would save on a companion pass for the year, you could always look into a service that will let you pay your rent/mortgage with your credit card for a 2-2.5% fee. Normally I would never do this, but if you have multiple flights next year that would only require you to pay for one ticket, that extra service fee *may* be worth it.

I’d give you some of my travel, but then I may lose the opportunity for two free tickets to Australia 😂😂😂

It’s a tough decision- go with the sure thing or roll the dice and hope for the bigger reward. I have to say that it is a fun game though. I’ve gotten some pretty great redemptions on previous flights. Not nearly to the level that some people have, but I still feel pretty good about them.

Is it a 1:1 ratio for points? If so, then you need the full $20k by the end of the year, so I could see how that could be difficult. It’s a Chase card, right (sorry for my ignorance, we just never fly Southwest, so I’m not as familiar with the card as some others) If so, what about a shopping portal to get extra points? Or is it just straight amount of money?

Depending on how close you are, and exactly how much you would save on a companion pass for the year, you could always look into a service that will let you pay your rent/mortgage with your credit card for a 2-2.5% fee. Normally I would never do this, but if you have multiple flights next year that would only require you to pay for one ticket, that extra service fee *may* be worth it.

I’d give you some of my travel, but then I may lose the opportunity for two free tickets to Australia 😂😂😂

It’s a tough decision- go with the sure thing or roll the dice and hope for the bigger reward. I have to say that it is a fun game though. I’ve gotten some pretty great redemptions on previous flights. Not nearly to the level that some people have, but I still feel pretty good about them.

I think I’ll go for the sure thing :)

I was wondering if there is any room left on the Backstage Magic tour on July 5 to July 10 in 2020? Please let me know. Also could you please tell me the price of it.

Hi there! This popped up in my recommended videos. It’s an awesome look at Los Angeles and Southern California in the early fifties. I thought to myself, this is pre-Disneyland. How cool!

Hey ABD Friends - We had to cancel/postpone our trip. Our daughter learned of a musical that she has been dying to participate (on or off stage) in that opens that same week of this trip. After lots of discussion, we made the decision to let her participate. So we won't be traveling with you guys, but you will still have fun without us - LOLOL!

Hello everyone! We (my parents and I) are super excited about first ABD trip and our first trip to Disneyland. We will be staying an extra day to spend more time at Disneyland. Our preference is to stay on property. Should we spend our last night at Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, or Paradise Pier? Any advantages to one over another?

Hey ABD Friends - We had to cancel/postpone our trip. Our daughter learned of a musical that she has been dying to participate (on or off stage) in that opens that same week of this trip. After lots of discussion, we made the decision to let her participate. So we won't be traveling with you guys, but you will still have fun without us - LOLOL!
What a hard decision! I hope your daughter enjoys her time participating in the musical!

Hello everyone! We (my parents and I) are super excited about first ABD trip and our first trip to Disneyland. We will be staying an extra day to spend more time at Disneyland. Our preference is to stay on property. Should we spend our last night at Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, or Paradise Pier? Any advantages to one over another?
The biggest advantage of the Grand Californian is that it has its own entrance into DCA directly from the hotel. It also has one of my favorite restaurants in the world, Napa Rose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!