~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

I have been so crazy busy. I haven't even gotten all my cruise pics put together and I want to finish my trip report. We experienced some really neat things! The owner where we board our horse went to London to see her new grandbaby so we've been helping out with the care of the horses. I love owning a horse, but have learned I don't ever want to run a stable. I don't know how she managed to do it while raising a family, giving lessons, running 4H and doing shows. She truly is a superwoman.

06/03/2019 - 06/09/2019
I decided to start running varied paces this week so I dusted off my last training plan (that I never got to use!) and used Easy A, Easy B & Long Run paces.

Monday
  • Running: off
  • Strength: Back
Tuesday
  • Running: EA - 2.13mi @ 11:44
  • Strength: Legs
Wednesday
  • Running: EB - 3.19mi @ 10:59
  • Strength: skipped
Thursday
  • Strength: Shoulders
Friday
  • Running: EA - 2.14mi @ 11:43
Saturday
  • Running: LR - 3.26mi @ 10:45
  • Strength: off
Sunday
  • Strength off
06/10/19 - 06/16/19

Monday
  • Running: EA - 2.56mi @ 11:43
Tuesday
  • Running: EB - 3.19mi @ 10:59
Wednesday
  • Strength: Chest
Thursday - I'd been running based on amount of time. I decided I was ready to switch over to running based on distance. Today I was supposed to do 6x100 meter strides. I came up with the stupid idea to throw them in the middle of an Easy B day. I was feeling fabulous and up for a challenge. I also ran OUTSIDE. Holy moly I forgot how to breath in the humidity. I hit all my paces, but I was happy not to have to be out there for another week.
  • Running: EB + 6x100m repeats - 4.01mi @ 11:32
    • 3mi @ 10:52 + 100m repeats :28, :28, :28, :30, :28, :25
Friday
  • Running: EA - 3.01mi @ 11:39
Saturday - We bought my daughter a new saddle (she'd been borrowing one). The person we were recommended to go see makes all the saddles for Disney World!!!
  • Running: LR - 4.01mi @ 10:44
Sunday

I'm feeling really good. Only aches and pains I have are from lifting weights. I plan to run at least once a week outside, but I gotta tell ya, I love being inside with the A/C, my fan and my treadmill!

If you've been on the 2019 Running Thread, you have probably seen that I'm looking for my next race. I really wanted to run a 10 mile race. I've never done it and they are few and far between. There doesn't seem to be anything good out there for racing though. I was looking at one in Chicago, but I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies from the organization. There still is no course map listed and when you click to register it just brings you back to their home page. They haven't responded to my Facebook messages or emails either. I have all three W&D races at the beginning of November followed by Goofy in January. I still have to train for the distance so it really limits me to mid-September and the first weekend in October. I don't want to race any closer than 4 weeks before W&D. So that bumps me up to the half distance.

I'm 99% sure I've decided on the Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon in New Hampshire. Beer, lobster rolls, clam chowder & music at the finish line sounds like fun!

I'm 99% sure I've decided on the Smuttynose Rockfest Half Marathon in New Hampshire. Beer, lobster rolls, clam chowder & music at the finish line sounds like fun!
Plus wasn't it on the water?? Added bonus there!

I am just hopeful the weather will still be nice for that race. Although I heard that we are supposed to have a warm fall.

I don't post here often ... but had to chime in because I'm signed up for that race too! I'm also using a Dopeybadger training plan and I'm hoping that the nice flat course will be conducive to a PR attempt. Plus lobster rolls at the finish line beside the beach - can't go wrong really :D

If you want to come visit me, there's the Bronx 10 Mile in September!
Maybe not the best course for a PR, but not terrible either.

Although there's no beer, lobster rolls, or clam chowder, so you may be better off with Smuttynose.

If you want to come visit me, there's the Bronx 10 Mile in September!
Maybe not the best course for a PR, but not terrible either.

Although there's no beer, lobster rolls, or clam chowder, so you may be better off with Smuttynose.

I looked at that, but I got overwhelmed with the transportation logistics!

The three of us will have to meet up!
Definitely. I'll look forward to following along on your training journey as well. I just started my training plan this week and got off to a bit of a rough start (humidity, lost fitness over last few weeks of recovery, etc) ... but I'm determined to push through and hopefully get myself race-ready by October!

06/17/19 - 06/23/19
Another week done! I ran a total of 19.6 miles. It was also the last week of helping out at the barn with the horses. It was fun, but I'll be glad to have that time back during the day.​

Monday: This week started off with a tough workout. My recovery plan had 15min @ 15K pace. I looked at my old plan and the T pace for 1.5 miles would be close to that 15min mark so I went with that. I had a hard time hitting that T pace in the first mile and my legs were jelly by the end of my run!
  • Running
    • Plan: 1mi WU, 1.5mi @ 9:07, 1mi CD
    • Actual: 3.5mi @ 10:50
    • Splits: 12:13, 1mi @ 9:16, .50mi @ 9:04, 11:54
  • Strength: Back & Biceps
    • Barbell Rows, Cable Seated Rows, Cable Rope Hammer Curls, Lat Pulldown, Barbell Curls, Dumbbell One Arm Row, Dumbbell Hammer Curls
Tuesday: So thankful for an easy paced running day. I finally hit triple digits in my squat again! 100lbs for a set of 8 reps.
  • Running
    • Plan: 3mi @ 11:47
    • Actual: 3mi @ 11:45
  • Strength: Leg Day!
    • Single Leg Extensions, Barbell Squats, Barbell Standing Calf Raises, Leg Press, Barbell Step Ups, Dumbbell Plie Squats
Wednesday: Another easy pace day and another day at the barn. Eliana rode Diva for just a little while before it got way too hot and humid.
  • Running:
    • Plan: 4mi @ 11:00
    • Actual: 4mi @ 11:06
  • Strength: Chest & Triceps
    • Barbell Bench Press, Cable Cross Over, Pushups, Dumbbell Incline Bench Press, Dumbbell Flys, Barbell Skullcrushers, Dumbbell Seated Triceps Press, Cable Rope Triceps Pushdown
Thursday: So thankful for a day off from running. My legs were tired. I dragged myself to the gym.
    • Barbell Standing Press, Dumbbell Upright Row, Dumbell Standing Press, Dumbbell Front Incline Raises, Dumbbell Lateral Raises, Dumbbell Reverse Fly
Friday: Plan had 100m repeats which I had planned to do outdoors. I moved it to a treadmill run with strides instead because of our frequent visitor. This is a video my neighbor took. My house is just around the corner! I am too afraid to run outdoors with it roaming around.
  • Running
    • Plan: 1mi WU, 6x100m @ 7:47 w/ 100m RI, 1mi CD
    • Revised Plan: 4mi @ 11:00 w/ strides in the last mile
    • Actual: 4mi @ 10:45
    • Splits: 11:03, 11:03, 11:00, 9:51
  • Strength: Supposed to be leg day again, but I skipped. My body needed a break and I was busy with the barn again plus I had to go to the doctor. I had a spot check done on my hormone levels. Results should be back the end of the week.
Saturday: Last day of work at the barn.
  • Running: Today's run felt effortless. I love days like this!
    • Plan: 5mi @ 10:43
    • Actual: 5mi @ 10:42
Sunday: Spent the day here with Eliana!

I can't decide what my favorite is.....the Lazy River or the Wave Pool. We had plans to go to Epcot for the evening but it was just so dang hot out so we headed home instead.

Good call staying inside with that bear roaming around.

Jealous of your Blizzard Beach day! I can't remember the last time I went to a water park. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a hot day.

I can't believe how hot it is there. We hit 80* this weekend and that felt warm and we don't have the humidity yet.

No thanks to a bear!
Good call staying inside with that bear roaming around.

Jealous of your Blizzard Beach day! I can't remember the last time I went to a water park. Sounds like the perfect way to spend a hot day.
I can't believe how hot it is there. We hit 80* this weekend and that felt warm and we don't have the humidity yet.

We’ve all moved our runs indoors for now. There’s an area at the back of our neighborhood that isn’t fenced in. Kinda cool when the deer and turkeys come to visit, but not so much when it’s a bear. My neighbor was doing some clean up around the area and came across food that had been placed there. I guess someone was trying to attract the deer and attracted a bear instead. So now we have a nuisance bear and not much we can do about it according to the county officials.

We’ve all moved our runs indoors for now.
I can bear the heat if I get up early enough and get my run in before it gets too hot. But today I slept in and now I have to run at 5pm when it will be a wonderful hot and sunny 105*. I could go to the gym but 5 miles on the treadmill sounds worse than running in the summer to me. Haha.

I can bear the heat if I get up early enough and get my run in before it gets too hot. But today I slept in and now I have to run at 5pm when it will be a wonderful hot and sunny 105*. I could go to the gym but 5 miles on the treadmill sounds worse than running in the summer to me. Haha.

Hahaha! I love my treadmill right now, but let’s see how I feel about it in August. I watch tv shows when I run. Right now I’m catching up on episodes of Survivor.

06/24/19 - 06/30/19

We had record high temperatures this week. My pool temperature is consistently above 90 degrees which makes it not so refreshing. I stayed indoors all week on the treadmill. It was a quiet lazy week and we spent a lot of time loving on my daughter's horse. We think she rolled around on a red ant pile. She was horribly bit up and had welts and lost patches of her coat from scratching herself on trees and on her stall walls. We fixed her up and Eliana was riding by the end of the week.​

Monday - I woke up and I wasn't feeling very well. I managed to get a run in, but never made it to the gym. I opted for a nap instead. I was feeling a little lost as what to run this week so I looked at an old @DopeyBadger plan and made a schedule for the next week.
  • Running
    • Plan: 3mi @ EA 11:47
    • Actual: 3mi @ 11:44
    • Splits: 11:43, 11, 11:45, 11:46
Tuesday - Still not feeling 100%, but I was able to make it to the gym!
  • Running
    • Plan: 4mi @ EB 11:00
    • Actual: 4mi @ 11:00
    • Splits: 11:02, 10:57, 11:01, 11:00
  • Strength
    • Legs - Barbell Squat, Barbell Rocking Standing Calf Raises, Leg Press, Calf Press on Leg Press, Barbell Step Ups, Leg Extensions
Wednesday - This was by far the worst run of the week. It was just issue after issue. Watch malfunctioned, socks were annoying the heck out of my baby toes (turns out I had them on the wrong feet), underwear kept creeping and my calf was cramping up. Blah.
  • Running
    • Plan: 2mi WU + 2 x 1mi @ T 9:07 w/ 2min RI + 1 mi CD
    • Actual: 5.47mi @ 11:41
    • Splits: 12:27, 12:30, 9:13, 9:06, 12:17
  • Strength
    • Chest & Triceps - Barbell Bench Press, Supersets of Dumbbell Flys & Dumbell Bench Press, Dumbbell Incline Bench Press, Dumbbell Seated Triceps Press, EZ Bar Triceps Extension, Cable Crossovers, Supersets of Cable One Arm Tricep Pushdowns & Cable One Arm Tricep Extensions
Thursday - Our life is pretty boring right now. More horse riding and pool time.
  • Strength
    • Shoulders & Biceps - Dumbbell Arnold Press, Dumbbell Rear Flys, Dumbbell Alternate Seated Press, Supersets of Front Raises & Upright Rows, Dumbbell Lateral Raises, Incline Bicep Curls, Alternate Bicep Curls, barbell curls
Friday - When we moved to central FL in 2017 the one thing we wanted was a large parcel of land. Didn't happen. We are on .25 acres in a neighborhood. There was a house on 9.5 acres we had looked at before we decided to build. It was a bit small, had no garage or pool and the price was a bit high. It also had a six stall barn which at the time was useless to us. Well, it came back on the market this past March for a lot less. We looked at it and not much had changed. Still small with a funky angled walls. No garage. No pool. It also needed a new roof, new A/C, floors, kitchen and bathrooms and a garage. However, the barn was of use now and the view....OMG the view off the back porch. See those trees off in the distance? Yup, that's part of the property too.

We hemmed and hawed too long about purchasing it, making all the renovations and adding on a garage. It went under contract before we could make up our minds. Oh well....wasn't meant to be...let's just purchase a piece of land and build. Not as easy as you think here in wetlands FL. Buildable land is at an uber premium right now. I was doing my daily real estate browsing when I saw the house was no longer pending. What? We contacted our real estate agent ASAP. The buyer was supposed to close at the end of May and asked for a 30 day extension because they were going through some "issues". Turns out the issue was a 1.2 million dollar judgment which caused their financing to go bye bye. We went back to the house that evening. Still the same issues, but the sellers had put on a new roof as part of the contract with the previous buyer. That brought renovation costs down. We went home to give it some more thought.
  • Running: I really wasn't feeling like doing strides today. I didn't mentally want to run and my legs just didn't want to move in the first mile. By the end of the third mile I had talked myself into doing some slowish strides. I figured slow ones were better than none.
    • Plan: 4mi @ EB 11:00 w/ strides in the last mile
    • Actual: 4mi @ 10:56
    • Splits: 11:11, 11:06, 11:04, 10:23
  • Strength
    • Legs - Leg extensions, leg curls, barbell squat, barbell rocking calf raises, barbell glute bridges, kettlebell one legged deadlift
Saturday - Rob reworked a financial spreadsheet we had on the house so we could list all the repairs out and total up renovation costs. We would be retiring in this house, but we still wouldn't want to invest more money than the potential market value of the renovated house. Not sure if I made sense with that last sentence.
  • Running
    • Plan: 5mi @ LR 10:43
    • Actual: 5mi @ 10:45
    • Splits: 10:47, 10:46, 10:48, 10:43, 10:41
Sunday - We were still undecided. This is a huge financial commitment. We decided maybe this place was meant to be and we took a leap of faith and ended up making an offer in the late afternoon. I ended up having two margaritas while waiting for Mexican takeout to try and relax. We were going back and forth between really excited and wondering what the heck we just did????

Upcoming Running Schedule:
Mon - 4mi @ EA
Tue - 4mi @ EB
Wed - 2mi WU + 2 x 1mi @ T w/ 2min RI + 1 mi CD ( I want to try and hit both miles at pace this week)
Thu - off
Fri - 4mi @ EB + strides (maybe 5mi...we'll see)
Sat - 6mi @ LR
Sun - off

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!