~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

Hip update - started a new medication to get me through Dopey. Going for a physical therapy evaluation on Monday. I was cleared to start running today, but skipped my run this morning. Once I stretch and get moving I’m feeling good, but just want to give myself one more day. I have 3 miles planned for Saturday, 2 on Monday & 1.5 on Wednesday. Not exactly the best situation going into Dopey, but I’m still looking forward to completing all the races and getting all that bling!

You've put in the work, just think of it as an extended taper. Hoping that the medicine and PT will help you feel much better!

Not ideal, but it does sounds like your hip will be up to the task. You are so strong right now. You'll crush it!

You've put in the work, just think of it as an extended taper. Hoping that the medicine and PT will help you feel much better!

Not ideal, but it does sounds like your hip will be up to the task. You are so strong right now. You'll crush it!

Thanks! This lazing around is driving me crazy though and I’ve been shopping for nonsense stuff. I bought a collapsible electric tea kettle last night to make my oatmeal in the morning without a coffee scent to it. It’s dual voltage so I guess if I ever get to Europe I’m good to go LOL!!!

Thanks! This lazing around is driving me crazy though and I’ve been shopping for nonsense stuff. I bought a collapsible electric tea kettle last night to make my oatmeal in the morning without a coffee scent to it. It’s dual voltage so I guess if I ever get to Europe I’m good to go LOL!!!

HA! Stay away from the internet while going stir crazy. Little good comes of it.

Although a collapsible tea kettle sounds kinda cool. ;)

12/31/18 - 01/06/19
Not much to report on this week. Just tried to get my hip feeling as good as possible!
Monday - Diagnosed with hip bursitis. Details in previous post. Eliana had friends over for New Year's Eve and we lit fireworks.

Running: Easy A - my paces are all over the place.
  • Plan: 5mi @ 12:25
  • Actual: None
Strength Training: None​

Tuesday - Happy New Year!

Running: Marathon Tempo
  • Plan: 1mi WU + 8mi @ 10:21 + 1mi CD
Wednesday - Continued babying my hip.....

Running: off

Thursday
- Had a follow up call with nurse from ortho. Let her know I was still tender, sore and achy in my hip. Doctor recommended PT and I got an appt for Monday 1/7. He also put me on a prescription called diclofenac which is a strong NSAID.

Running: Easy A
  • Plan: 5mi @ 12:25
Strength Training: None
Friday - Ortho said I could resume running today, but I gave myself an extra day of rest.

Running: Easy B + Strides
  • Plan: 4mi @ 11:36 + strides in the last mile
Strength Training: Squats, Overhead Press & Deadlifts
Saturday - Headed out with the ladies in my neighborhood. One of their sons has named us the Golden Girls LOL!!! Very little running got done. It was pretty much social hour with lots of walking and gabbing. I did all my stretches and walked for 10 minutes to warm up my hip. I felt great the entire time!

Running: Easy A
  • Plan: 3mi @ 12:25
  • Actual: 3.29mi @ 13:58
  • Splits: 13:44, 11:32, 16:58, 12:38
Sunday - Mostly lazed around the house. I had been experimenting with different pain reliefs. The best combination I have found is an Icy Hot Back Patch applied to my hip with tiger balm smeared on my quad and glute. The Icy Hot patches stick the best.

Looking Ahead
I am so excited for Dopey!!! I've slowly been piling my stuff for packing. Even though I'm 45 minutes or so away I'm staying onsite. This allows me to have a little more sleep for all those early morning wake ups. I was so tired after volunteering for the Wine & Dine 5K. There was no way I could have safely driven back and forth 4 days in a row!​

I am so excited to hear all about your Dopey weekend! Have so much fun and I hope the hip continues to improve!

@Bree Monday - Diagnosed with hip bursitis.

Probably too late to help with Dopey, but I was diagnosed with bursitis in my hip about 5 years ago. Got a cortisone shot and I've been pretty good since then! Not sure if that's an eventual option for you, but it sure helped me!! I hope you have a great race weekend!!!

Looking Ahead
I am so excited for Dopey!!! I've slowly been piling my stuff for packing. Even though I'm 45 minutes or so away I'm staying onsite. This allows me to have a little more sleep for all those early morning wake ups. I was so tired after volunteering for the Wine & Dine 5K. There was no way I could have safely driven back and forth 4 days in a row!​

Definitely the right decision! Our Florida house is 50-60 minutes from Disney, and we've never once considered driving from there each day during marathon weekend. We find it well worth the money to stay on property for the sleep, the quick trips to a park, and the ability to spend time with friends who are also there for the races.

I am so excited to hear all about your Dopey weekend! Have so much fun and I hope the hip continues to improve!

Thanks!

Looking forward to meeting you in person soon!

So excited to meet you too!

@Bree Monday - Diagnosed with hip bursitis.

Probably too late to help with Dopey, but I was diagnosed with bursitis in my hip about 5 years ago. Got a cortisone shot and I've been pretty good since then! Not sure if that's an eventual option for you, but it sure helped me!! I hope you have a great race weekend!!!

I got one on New Year’s Eve. It helped some, but didn’t clear it up entirely. Physical therapy showed me some new stretches yesterday and how to use a stick roller. I can’t believe how much I’ve improved in 24 hours.

Definitely the right decision! Our Florida house is 50-60 minutes from Disney, and we've never once considered driving from there each day during marathon weekend. We find it well worth the money to stay on property for the sleep, the quick trips to a park, and the ability to spend time with friends who are also there for the races.

I’m looking forward to being onsite for a week! Since we’ve moved so close we don’t stay onsite that much and when we do it’s just for a night or two.

Thanks everyone!

I hope to get some sort of recap done over the next few days.

The first half of the race I was convinced I’d be swept. Once we hit AK everything changed and I felt so much stronger in the second half! My body is feeling really good. I’m sore, but not that bad tonight. I hope I’m feeling just as good tomorrow!

I’m glad I ran Dopey, but I think it’s a one and done. I’m definitely in for the full next year, but on the fence about adding on any other race.

Expo Day
Not really much to say. I had early entry because I had race retreat for the marathon. Bought some race merchandise & grabbed my bibs & shirts. The longest line I had to wait in was for a picture with the Dopey display.

36187E36-1966-45F2-8CE3-88CC624F8C50.jpeg

I took a quick walk around the other vendors at the expo. Same stuff as usual. I did pick up some fluffy fizzies recovery bath bombs & stickers for my car window (Marathon & Dopey).

I was getting hungry so I decided to drive over to Beach Club, drop my bags with bell services then walk over to Epcot for lunch. As I was driving there I got a text that my room was ready :yay:

I unpacked a little then walked over to Tangierine Cafe and got the vegetarian platter.

Dinner was at California Grill with @Keels, @jennamfeo, @Princess KP & @rteetz. We got the perfect table with the perfect view of Happily Ever After!

5B5A6776-332D-4D8B-AC66-F3B58CE7BC88.jpeg

63DD6C98-DFB8-4415-9223-420441D7A3D7.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!