~*~ Dream ~*~ Believe ~*~ Achieve ~*~ (Comments Welcome)

Let me know how you like it! I have been eye-balling it as well, but I am a really picky eater and I feel like I wouldn't enjoy a lot of things in it. But Mac N Cheese and PB Cups... hmmmm...

I tried her electrolyte drink recipe yesterday :crazy2:

I also made a chicken stir fry which was very good, but it’s kind of hard to screw that one up. She has a recipe for a morning protein bowl made with quinoa. You add almond milk, dried fruits and/or nuts (I used raisins and pecans) and heat it in the microwave. She adds sliced peaches and molasses after it’s warmed up. My peaches weren’t ripe yet so I sliced some banana instead and used pure maple syrup. It was surprisingly delicious!!! It was super fast to make because I cooked the quinoa last night along with the rest of dinner.

8/13/18 - 8/19/18
School being back in session has worked a miracle. All my runs this week were OUTSIDE. I gotta admit, being up at 5am and running outside has taken its toll. I am falling asleep by 7pm and my muscles are so sore. I had a rare Friday scheduled as a day off so I took it upon myself to shift workouts so that I now have Sunday as my day off. I want just one day a week where I can sleep in, maybe go to church (starts at 10:50am :thumbsup2) and spend time with the family or just do a lot of nothing.​

After lots of tears and not knowing if she is doing the right thing, my daughter has decided to quit soccer. She's decided to take archery lessons. She hasn't picked up a bow in 6 years! We also signed her up for horseback riding lessons. This has been something she has wanted to do for years, but with the time commitment to soccer we just couldn't do it. She's also joining the 4-H group at the stables. She also wants to get more involved with the church youth group and be able to hang out with her friends more. It's understandable. Soccer takes over our life with 2-3 practices a week and games. She was finally able to go out with her friends Friday night at a local trampoline place instead of having to go to bed early so she would be rested for her 2 hour early Saturday morning soccer practice.

Monday - Off

Tuesday - I was just so happy to be outside. I love the outdoors. I have rocking chairs on my front porch that I love to just sit in and read.
  • Plan: 5 miles @ 11:47 + Strides
  • Actual: 5.15 miles @ 10:36 :oops:
  • Splits: 11:18, 10:53, 10:50, 10:46, 9:20 (strides), 9:53
This guy decided to make an appearance in the pond behind my house. He has since moved on to one of the other ponds....phew! I think it's too shady on one side of the pond and the part that gets sun is by our houses which is just too noisy and busy for them. It scares my MIL every time I post a pic of gators. I keep having to remind her that there is a 5 foot brick and aluminum fence plus hedges between him and me. I put my phone between the bars and zoom in. I am not going near those suckers! No way!

oXbr68kFTQS8I4FdzRf0GA.jpg

Wednesday - My R, T & I paces always scare me. I don't know why. I always work myself up over them then do just fine :sad2: I walked during the 300m recovery. I also had an audience for most of these. My neighbors were all walking their kids to the elementary school bus stop and my 300m route went right by it. I hate people watching me. 300m splits are listed in time. Goal is to run each one in 1:37.
  • Plan: 2 mile WU + 10x(300m @ 8:36 + 300m recovery) + 1 mi CD
  • Actual: 6.6 miles @ 11:30
  • Splits: 11:47, 11:38 + (1:34, 1:35, 1:33, 1:33, 1:34, 1:27, 1:30, 1:20, 1:31, 1:29) + 10:19
The stable we chose to have our daughter take lessons does more than just put you on the horse and teach you to ride. She has to learn how to care for the horse too with things like grooming, cleaning hooves, saddling it herself, etc. We wanted her to know that those animals need a lot of care and if she's going to learn how to do it all. We want her to learn how to feed, water and muck stalls too, but that will come later.
IMG_4479.JPG

Thursday - My body is not used to pounding the pavement outside! I did a lot of foam rolling after this run. Pace was way too fast.
  • Plan: 4.5 mi @ 12:36
  • Actual: 4.51 mi @ 11:24
  • Splits: 11:32, 11:25, 11:29, 11:13, 11:16
Friday - I was supposed to have the day off, but took this opportunity to shift things around. I couldn't wait to sleep in on Sunday. Wow was my pace all over the place today.
  • Plan: 6 mi @ 11:47 + strides
  • Actual: 6.01 @ 11:11
  • Splits: 11:09, 11:23, 11:42, 11:22, 11:16, 10:13 (<--- how did that happen?)
The sky was absolutely gorgeous today!
T+fsKGFURWepDSWWLDoyHQ.jpg

Saturday - I had set my alarm for 6am, but ended up falling back asleep. That put me outdoors an hour later than I wanted. I was so tired during this entire run. I ended up taking a 2 hour nap after an early lunch.
  • Plan: 7 mi @ 11:24
  • Actual: 7.01 @ 11:17
  • Splits: 11:23, 11:25, 11:17, 11:25, 11:14, 11:13, 11:06
We spent the evening at Disney Springs. This doesn't happen EVER with Rob & Nick. Why are we here? Because I lured them with a visit to The Void to play Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire :cool2: We had dinner at Morimoto Asia. This was our first time here and it was good! I want to go back and try the Peking Duck sometime. They take your photo during dinner. They give you a postcard for free then try to upsell you. My kids look thrilled LOL!!!
Morimoto.jpg

After dinner we made our way over to The Void. None of us had done this before. Nick owns a HTC Vive Virtual Reality system here at home. The Void is VR on steroids. It was AWESOME and I want to go again! We made our way over to Goofy's Candy Company. I hadn't planned on getting anything. I know, I know. It's still the middle of August, but this was just too stinkin' cute. I had to have it.
IMG_4502.JPG

I was dying for an ice cream so Nick and I grabbed waffle cones at Ghirardelli. Mmm mmm mmm!

Sunday - Yeah! Get to sleep in....NOT. I was wide awake by 7am.

Congrats on a full week of outdoors!

Awesome that you were able to get Sunday off to sleep in, go to church, and hang with your family. When you're trying to dedicate yourself more to running, I think it's easy to put aside other things that are important ... so kudos to you for taking a day to do some of the non-running things that you enjoy!

Fantastic week! I hear you on wishing we had a day to sleep in. With work M-F and runs on every Saturday and Sunday there is no day to just wake up when your body wakes you up.

And, I don't care how much fence is between you and that gator, that's too freaking close!!

I'm glad to hear you liked Morimoto. I have a meal planned there for our trip in January.

And, I don't care how much fence is between you and that gator, that's too freaking close!!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Next time I see one I’ll take a zoomed in and not zoomed in photo. There’s also a 30 foot buffer from the fence to the shore line. I have a healthy fear of those guys. Did you know alligators can climb? They use their tails to help support and lift their bodies. Our yard is fenced in, but don’t have our pool screened in so I always check for gators before we jump in (snakes too).

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Next time I see one I’ll take a zoomed in and not zoomed in photo. There’s also a 30 foot buffer from the fence to the shore line. I have a healthy fear of those guys. Did you know alligators can climb? They use their tails to help support and lift their bodies. Our yard is fenced in, but don’t have our pool screened in so I always check for gators before we jump in (snakes too).

tenor.gif

Our yard is fenced in, but don’t have our pool screened in so I always check for gators before we jump in (snakes too).

My friend once thought they had a gator in their pool.
Turns out it was just a giant iguana.
But it freaked them out for a bit there.

My friend once thought they had a gator in their pool.
Turns out it was just a giant iguana.
But it freaked them out for a bit there.

I’d freak out over an iguana. Those things can be mean. We had them in south Florida and sometimes they’d fall out of the trees when I was walking or running and scare me half to death. I’m too far north now.

Wow the air quality has been horrible the last two mornings. It's like breathing in the steam from a pot of boiling water.

I couldn't be somewhere that hot and humid all the time. Kudos to you on getting out in that to run!

I couldn't be somewhere that hot and humid all the time. Kudos to you on getting out in that to run!

I told DH that running today was like sucking on a dryer vent while it dried a load of towels. Other than it being icky to run in, I don’t mind the summers so much.

8/20/18 - 08/26/18

I can't believe it's the end of August already! This was a hard running week. T+D has been 150+ at 6:30am with humidity hovering around 96-97%.

28dbab02d685ec75e9b7bd0937b5d0a2.png

No. No I did not!

Monday - I had a doctor appt early this morning so I had to cut 1 mile off my warmup to make it in time (I was still 5 minutes late...oops). A Daniels I pace workout was on the schedule today. These workouts really do a good job at breaking you out of your comfort zone. They are hard. I'm always intimidated by them at the start of my run, but by the time I am done I feel like Superwoman.
  • Plan: 2 mi WU + 5x(4 min @ I 8:58 w/ 4 min RI) + 1 mi CD
  • Actual: 5.64 mi @ 10:24
  • Splits: 11:40 + (8:54, 8:48, 8:45, 8:52, 8:47) + 10:50
Tuesday - Nevermind the alligator in the background. These Great Blue Herons usually fly off before I can get a picture. This one posed long enough for me to snap a pic then flew off. I'm not good with measurements, but this one seemed to be about 4 feet tall. The photo isn't that great. I had to zoom in from a really far distance so he wouldn't get spooked.
uMT0uNxIR5OSiMsGFTEC9Q.jpg
  • Plan: 4.5 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Actual: 4.51 @ 11:12
  • Splits: 11:24, 11:17, 11:17, 11:10, 10:33
Wednesday - T pace run today! These are tough, but not nearly as bad as the I pace workouts.
  • Plan: 2 mi @ WU + 4x(1 mi @ T 9:46 w/ 2 min RI) + 1 mi CD
  • Actual: 7.61 mi @ 10:47
  • Splits: 12:38, 11:54 + (9:48, 9:49, 9:45, 9:43) + 11:13
I was soaking my feet and calves in the pool and my dog wanted lots of sweaty loving. She doesn't care how bad I stink.
IMG_4587.JPG

Thursday - This week was just flying by!
  • Plan: 4:5 mi @ EA 12:36
  • Actual: 4.64 @ 11:35
  • Splits: 11:47, 11:34, 11:37, 11:27, 11:29
Friday - I was supposed to do strides in the last mile, but skipped them. It was hot. It was humid. I just didn't have the get up and go in me today.
  • Plan: 7.5 mi @ EB 11:47 + Strides in the last mile
  • Actual: 7.51 @ 11:28
  • Splits: 11:37, 11:31, 11:38, 11:11, 11:19, 11:32, 11:30, 11:19
Saturday - Long run day with marathon tempo miles. This was also a practice run for race day nutrition. I ate my normal banana and cereal bar and had some water one hour before I left. I do not drink coffee before a long run or before races. I mixed up 36oz of water with 3 scoops of orange Tailwind. I put it in my hydration backpack with lots of ice since I decided to run an out and back instead of loops around the neighborhood. I packed Jelly Belly sports beans. I eat four beans every 2 miles. I don't know what was up, but my tummy was not happy after mile 2. There is a McDonald's at mile 3 so I stopped to use the restroom. Off I went and I was feeling okay. It was getting really hot really fast. I saw a family of Sandhill Cranes.
Untitled 2 copy.jpg

I didn't add enough ice so my Tailwind was warm by the halfway point. I stopped at McDonalds again and bought a bottle of water and asked for a cup to get ice. I filled my backpack with the ice and water. I filled the cup with more ice and took off. BTW ladies, ice in your sports bra can feel heavenly. I saw my DH during the last mile driving home from hiking. Of course he had to yell crazy things at me out the his window :rotfl2: I took a nap in the afternoon since it was the neighborhood ladies monthly Bunco night. No nap would mean I was falling asleep at the game table! I did not win anything this time.
  • Plan: 8 mi @ LR 11:24 + 3 mi @ M Tempo 10:36
  • Actual: 11:02 @ 11:02 <---- how awesome is that stat? the mileage and average pace match!
  • Splits: 11:29, 11:16, 11:10, 11:26, 11:19, 11:28, 11:27, 11:21, 10:18, 10:15, 9:56
Sunday - OFF!!! Love being able to sleep in. Went out to breakfast and had some good southern staples....biscuits w/ sausage gravy and grits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter