Dream 4A Air Mattress

rere101399

DISmom
We’re a family of 4 booked in a 4B on the Dream (bed, couch, bunk, no Murphy). DS7 will be getting the bunk but it will be his first time on a bunk and I’m a little nervous about it. He’d probably happily sleep on the bunk mattress on the floor or a twin air mattress, but before I commit to that as a possible plan (and pack an air mattress) I wanted to know if anyone had done it and verify that there’s floor space for a twin?

ETA: I mistyped the thread title as 4A and it’s actually 4B although I don’t think that changes anything

Last edited:
I’m 99% sure air mattresses arnt allowed on board anyway.
And it’d prob take every bit of floor space..

There is rails built into the bunk or the couch could sleep 2 (I slept comfortably with my toddler) unless he’s a sleep walker or always falls out of bed he’ll be perfectly fine

I don’t see air mattress on the list from the website but the contract may have different verbiage.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/faq/prohibited-items/list/

Items prohibited on board ship and on Castaway Cay.

• Firearms, ammunition, knives (including dive knives), swords, daggers and any other types of weapons
  • Toy guns or other replicas of firearms and weapons
  • Highly flammable liquids and combustible substances
  • Liquid oxygen
  • Non-prescribed controlled substances, illegal drugs, medically prescribed and synthetic marijuana
  • Hookah pipes
  • Power tools and toolboxes (except those utilized by vendors providing services)
  • Potentially dangerous sporting equipment, including baseball and cricket bats, hockey and lacrosse sticks, pool cues, ski poles, fishing gear and archery equipment. (Golf clubs are permitted as long as they are stored inside your stateroom.)
  • Scuba equipment such as tanks, spears, spear guns, slings, dive knives, pry bars, and underwater scooters. (Masks and snorkels are allowed)
  • Remote-controlled helicopters, airplanes, drones or similar devices
  • Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats, pool noodles, inflatable pools and wagons
  • Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, inline & roller skates, any footwear with wheels (i.e. Heely’s type shoes) and Segways, or other wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels and devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied. Training wheels or similar modifications are not permitted.
  • Wheeled transport devices other than those required by Guests with disabilities
  • Electrical appliances such as rice cookers, hot plates, coffee makers, blenders, electric irons, electric blankets, heating pads, bottle sterilizers and warmers
    • Please note: A limited number of approved bottle warmers and bottle sterilizers are available upon request through Guest Services
    • All ships offer self-service laundry facilities with irons and ironing boards. Portable fans are permitted in your stateroom. However, you must contact Guest Services to have the Chief Electrician approve your fan.
  • Candles and incense
  • DVD, VCR, and Blu-ray players
  • Gaming systems such as Playstation®, Xbox and Nintendo Wii (due to compatibility issues with the stateroom TVs)
  • Musical instruments
  • Pets
  • Ice chests and coolers, except for those permitted for storing medications, baby food and items related to dietary restrictions
  • Homemade, precooked or perishable foods or open food containers. Also, please refer to our guidelines on restricted food and beverages
  • Over-the-door hanging organizers
  • Metal detectors
  • Fireworks or pyrotechnics
  • Seasonal and/or celebratory light bulb strings
  • Extension cords or surge protectors
  • Ham radios

I’m 99% sure air mattresses arnt allowed on board anyway.
And it’d prob take every bit of floor space..

There is rails built into the bunk or the couch could sleep 2 (I slept comfortably with my toddler) unless he’s a sleep walker or always falls out of bed he’ll be perfectly fine

Air mattresses are allowed, but it would be really tight to fit one in. A 7 year old should be fine on the bunk. I have heard of people taking the mattress off the bunk and placing it on the floor, but I don't know how difficult that is.

Your 7 year old will probably decide he loves the bunk, but the mattress should come down easily. When we were on the Fantasy last March, our room steward said they take the mattresses off the bunks to make them up, so it should also be easy for you to lift. But whether there is room... if you move the coffee table, there should be, but it will take up all the walking space. Do you have the murphy bed in your room and are you using it?

My 4 year old used the bunk without a problem. And he’s completely accident prone. I think your 7 year old will be fine.

don’t see air mattress on the list from the website but the contract may have different verbiage.
While the term "air mattress" isn't used, the following, generally, means the same thing:

Kites, balloons, surfboards, wave boards, inflatable floats, pool noodles, inflatable pools and wagons

Even though it's not being used as an inflatable float, it's an inflatable float.

While the term "air mattress" isn't used, the following, generally, means the same thing:

Even though it's not being used as an inflatable float, it's an inflatable float.

I disagree. An inflatable float is something you would use in the water. An air mattress is thicker and would not be used in the water.

Inflatable float: https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Tote-N...ool+floats&dpPl=1&dpID=41uk0ot4koL&ref=plSrch

Inflatable mattress: https://www.amazon.com/SoundAsleep-...e+mattress&dpPl=1&dpID=41KuK77v85L&ref=plSrch

I disagree. An inflatable float is something you would use in the water. An air mattress is thicker and would not be used in the water.

Inflatable float: https://www.amazon.com/Intex-Tote-N...ool+floats&dpPl=1&dpID=41uk0ot4koL&ref=plSrch

Inflatable mattress: https://www.amazon.com/SoundAsleep-...e+mattress&dpPl=1&dpID=41KuK77v85L&ref=plSrch
That sort of air mattress, yes. One that's an actual mattress shape/size. But many people use the same term for the item that you float in water on and use under your sleeping bag while camping.

Your 7 year old should be fine in the bunk. Our daughter was 5 when we first sailed, and had never slept in a bunk bed before. There are only 3 of us, but she wanted to sleep in the bunk instead of on the couch, she found it more interesting for some reason lol!

My DW asked Disney about an air mattress and they said no. It wasn't on their list. Our issue is our oldest may be a little too tall for the pull down or couch. Really, she should be fine, but now we have something to stress over.

So, she's now planning on taking one to see if it makes it past security, which I'm against. Seems to be a waste of packing space and possibly $40 in an air mattress. Even if we get it past security, now the Steward is basically being told by us to ignore it. Just not cool. It's a vacation.

How tall is your oldest?

My older son is 6'2" and while his feet hung over the edge of the murphy bed, he loved it. My younger, at 5'10" said his feet were just touching the bottom railing on bunk.

They are the size of normal twin beds.

It's all in her head. She will fit. Just the thing we get to stress about 30 days before the trip. At least she knew I wouldn't call Disney about it, she'd have to make the call herself. Good to know someone 5'10" fit. That helps.

It's all fair, I'm stressing over the possibility of a late August hurricane, but won't be bringing that up...

It's all in her head. She will fit. Just the thing we get to stress about 30 days before the trip. At least she knew I wouldn't call Disney about it, she'd have to make the call herself. Good to know someone 5'10" fit. That helps.

It's all fair, I'm stressing over the possibility of a late August hurricane, but won't be bringing that up...

I have slept in the bunk and I am right at 6ft.

And remember if a storm does happen to be out there the boats usually will change path, ports or port days. Usually they still sail. May get a few bonus days if it works out right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter