DP days you can use

Lisa Warner

Forever Disney
I feel like I should know this but here is my question. Dining plans are based on the nights you are staying at a resort. So if you are doing four days and three nights, does that mean you are out of pocket one of the days? The dining calculator shows that you would have four days of dining not three.

I feel like I should know this but here is my question. Dining plans are based on the nights you are staying at a resort. So if you are doing four days and three nights, does that mean you are out of pocket one of the days? The dining calculator shows that you would have four days of dining not three.

The dining calculator is wrong. You have 3 nights worth of credits that can be used over the 4 days. The credits are good from the time you check in until midnight of the day you check out. If you're on the regular plan, you'll have 3 TS, 3 QS and 6 snacks per person and can use them anytime over those 4 days.

It's kind of based on typical hotel policies. Check-in is usually 3 or later (which assumes that's when the guest arrives, so will only be eating dinner); check out is usually by 11, so all thr average guest would eat that day of the reservation is breakfast.

It is by nights, but we've always found it to be plenty of food without needing to buy anything more out of pocket.

Remember that the dining calculators aren't "Disney official", so they are meant as a guideline only and not the rules once you are onsite.

For a 4 day, 3 night stay you will have 3 nights of dining credits if you bought a dining plan. You will have from check-in until midnight of check-out day to USE those credits, but the number of credits is calculated based on the number of NIGHTS you are staying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter