Downtown Disney Parking Lots and Security Checkpoints Being Relocated in Early July at Disneyland

You can go in to the Grand Californian. What you can't do is use the GCH->DCA entrance to go straight from the hotel into the park (unless you're a guest at the hotel).

That wasn't what the original post said, it said the Grand Californian entrance to Downtown Disney can't be used unless you are a guest at the Grand Californian.

This has always been the rule for the DCA entrance, the exception in the past has been if you showed a recieot from the hotel showing you were dining there, shopping there, etc.

We were just there and were able to use the GCH to DCA entrance even though we were not guests. I think that is only the rule during EMH hours. Once the park has been opened you can use that entrance.

My experience has been the opposite> When there last Aug, they were looking at room keys and receipts until at least 1500, and was only open to guests and eaters, shoppers, etc. After that the would only accept keys from the other Disney hotels. Seems to vary with the CMs working the entrance

Jack

My experience has been that the GCH entrance to DCA is limited to hotel guests until 11 AM. After that, it is open to anyone.
This has been my experience since forever. The sign even says "11am". Recently, I have noticed at 930-10a, the sign has been gone if there are few people coming thru and they don't check for keys.

Bummer! With a double stroller it was so much easier to walk to DTD from the parking garage than to fold and schlep the kids on the tram. Sigh. :(

Bummer! With a double stroller it was so much easier to walk to DTD from the parking garage than to fold and schlep the kids on the tram. Sigh. :(
This change did not go into effect as expected yet. There have been some delays with construction. Rumors are from the hotel being built on ground that was built on top of a former gas station and that the underground gas station parts were not fully removed back in the late 90s.

Even once the change does go into effect, I suspect that it won't eliminate the walking path, just make it very slightly longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter