Downtown Disney Parking Lots and Security Checkpoints Being Relocated in Early July at Disneyland

So the wait for security for guests of 2 of 3 of their overpriced onsite hotels just got longer. Brilliant.
How did it get longer? I am a bit confused. When we stayed there in December security was located after leaving the DLH and crossing the street right by AMC. There was never a long line. In the AM it was about 5-10 min and during the day there was usually no line. The pm was also about 5-10 min. From what i can see they are moving it up to where the lego store is. Is that correct?

I have read accounts of people needing to show their receipt from the meal to get through, but that may have been only at park opening.

We went to eat many at Storytellers and white water snacks and to see the shops in GCH. We were never asked for a receipt when going back into DtD or DCA .

How did it get longer? I am a bit confused. When we stayed there in December security was located after leaving the DLH and crossing the street right by AMC. There was never a long line. In the AM it was about 5-10 min and during the day there was usually no line. The pm was also about 5-10 min. From what i can see they are moving it up to where the lego store is. Is that correct?

I think the concern is that that security checkpoint (across the street from the DLH) is going to become the only one on that end of DTD, so more of the foot traffic coming from the parking garage will have to go through that checkpoint. Hopefully they'll increase the staffing and the number of lanes there.

I think the concern is that that security checkpoint (across the street from the DLH) is going to become the only one on that end of DTD, so more of the foot traffic coming from the parking garage will have to go through that checkpoint. Hopefully they'll increase the staffing and the number of lanes there.
ok got it. That would not be good. Would this be only DtD parking? Meaning they would enforce the same pricing? Do many people park in DtD parking area to visit the parks? Isn't more expensive?

ok got it. That would not be good. Would this be only DtD parking? Meaning they would enforce the same pricing? Do many people park in DtD parking area to visit the parks? Isn't more expensive?

No, I mean the Mickey & Friends Parking Garage. If you don't take the tram, the walking path would normally end up at the two checkpoints at the west end of DTD, one of which is being closed (which is the one that the signs used to direct you to, even though you could also go to the one in front of the DLH).

Those staying at the Disney’s Grand Californian will continue to use that dedicated entrance to Downtown Disney, but as we mentioned in a previous article, you must be a guest at the Grand Californian to use that entrance. No longer can offsite guests or those staying at other Disney Hotels use that entrance.
So, how would someone go about going to the parks and eating at say Storyteller's, Napa Rose, Whitewater Snacks or the lounge? How about shopping? There is after all some merchandise that is only available at the Grand Californian. And they can't say go through DCA, as there are people without park hoppers.

So, how would someone go about going to the parks and eating at say Storyteller's, Napa Rose, Whitewater Snacks or the lounge? How about shopping? There is after all some merchandise that is only available at the Grand Californian. And they can't say go through DCA, as there are people without park hoppers.

You can go in to the Grand Californian. What you can't do is use the GCH->DCA entrance to go straight from the hotel into the park (unless you're a guest at the hotel).

There basically saying you can’t enter through the front of the hotel to go to one of the hotels security points. You have to be a registered guest or have an ADR to use the front entrance to the GCH.

There basically saying you can’t enter through the front of the hotel to go to one of the hotels security points. You have to be a registered guest or have an ADR to use the front entrance to the GCH.

So you can still enter the GCH from downtown Disney or from DCA, yes?

You can go in to the Grand Californian. What you can't do is use the GCH->DCA entrance to go straight from the hotel into the park (unless you're a guest at the hotel).
That wasn't what the original post said, it said the Grand Californian entrance to Downtown Disney can't be used unless you are a guest at the Grand Californian.

This has always been the rule for the DCA entrance, the exception in the past has been if you showed a recieot from the hotel showing you were dining there, shopping there, etc.

That wasn't what the original post said, it said the Grand Californian entrance to Downtown Disney can't be used unless you are a guest at the Grand Californian.

This has always been the rule for the DCA entrance, the exception in the past has been if you showed a recieot from the hotel showing you were dining there, shopping there, etc.

This is my fault. I was not even thinking of the DGC-DTD entrance. I just had the park entrance in my head. Some of the trip reports I had read said they had to produce a paper ticket to enter DCA. Sorry for the confusion everyone:wave2:

No, I mean the Mickey & Friends Parking Garage. If you don't take the tram, the walking path would normally end up at the two checkpoints at the west end of DTD, one of which is being closed (which is the one that the signs used to direct you to, even though you could also go to the one in front of the DLH).
From what I have read M&F opens about 30 min before EMH. Is that correct? If so then It will not pose much of an issue for us. We will be staying at DLH at be doing EMH everyday. We are usually at security by 6:30 to 6:45. We will be at security at the same time M&F is barely opening.

Hope I am correct in my assumptions. I guess after next week we will see how things are being affected by the changes.

From what I have read M&F opens about 30 min before EMH. Is that correct? If so then It will not pose much of an issue for us. We will be staying at DLH at be doing EMH everyday. We are usually at security by 6:30 to 6:45. We will be at security at the same time M&F is barely opening.

Hope I am correct in my assumptions. I guess after next week we will see how things are being affected by the changes.
You are correct about when M&F opens.

The article was poorly written, they were talking more about people who would be staying at paradise pier that used to cut through the grand lobby. And the dca entrance is only limited early in the day to hotel guests etc. it’s open to all guests by lunchtime.

OK, Clarification is needed in regards to DTD/GCH access.

Nothing is changing from as it stands today.

-Only GCH guests and reservation holders can can enter the GCH through the front lobby from the street. PPH, DLH and off site guests need to enter DTD at the DHL security checkpoint.
-ANYONE can enter and exit via the GCH/DTD breezeway anytime unrestricted.
-Only GCH Guests and Storyteller Patrons can use the GCH to DCA entrance. While that gate is for the exclusive use of GCH guests, in reality it is only enforced until 11am then open to all. That is to prevent guests from cutting through GCH to DCA in the AM when park opens leaving access for GCH patrons.
-Anyone at any time can exit DCA into the GCH.

While there are some other exceptions, that is the general rule

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter