Downs syndrome and ASD(dual diagnosis)

Belle68

DISNEY MAGIC FOREVER. Snowy-girls is my Dis Buddy-
Hi, i was just wondering if there is anyone else out there whos child has a dual diagnosis of DS and ASD. my daughter Alice (in wonderland)12 was given the dual diagnosis about 4 years ago. we are planning our 4th trip to disney with her this year and by the time we travel she will be 13. she loves the haunted mansion ride and winnie the pooh, she loves meeting the characters and remembers Pooh feeding her ice-cream at the crystal palace at MK on our very first trip to disney. it was a magical disney moment for the whole family.
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hi ~ My dd13 has ASD, VSD, pulmonary stenosis, transposition of the great arteries. She is post-Fontan and doing great! S

There was another poster who had a child with both of those, but I don't remember who it was or how long ago it was posted.

At any rate, welcome to disABILITIES>:wave:

:grouphug: My little 2yr old angel has Down Syndrome, ASD, Sleep Apnea, pneumonia at the present time, and is a DISNEY BABY. We go 4 times a year to WDW, she started when she was 7 months old. One of our best friends is our nebulizer - it goes with us everywhere. We celebrate birthdays at Chef Mickeys - last year we had 16 people with us. Our next trip is in March for her 3rd birthday. In April we will have her tonsils and adenoids removed, and also tubes in her ears. This will hopefully take care of the sleep apnea. We will have her heart repaired next year after she turns 4.

Rachel is the light of our lives, she has made us so complete in this crazy world we live in. Rachel is so innocent and loving. She does not know how to be mean and she makes us so happy. She touches everyone who meets her with a little touch of her special love. When people don't understand her or stare at her she doesn't know or care. We are so blessed to have her in our lives.:lovestruc

hi rachelsmom1
I was really touched to read your post and i just wanted to say i hope Rachel soon recovers from her pneumonia and that her tonsils and adenoid operation goes well in April. Alice had an AVSD heart repair when she was 3.5 months old so i will be thinking of you next year.
Happy Birthday to Rachel for march and have a really swell party at Chef Mickeys. (we are hoping to go there in the summer and after reading your post i'm now really looking forward to it)
Love and best wishes to you all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!