Doubletree Universal

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
How far is it a walk from.Doubletree to the Universal parks? Some people on tripadvisor say 10 minutes and others say 20? Are there other external universal hotels we should consider? Thank you!

How far is it a walk from.Doubletree to the Universal parks? Some people on tripadvisor say 10 minutes and others say 20? Are there other external universal hotels we should consider? Thank you!

According to Google Maps, it is 12 minutes...from the entrance of the DoubleTree to the valet parking lot (what I believe is the best entrance to use if you are walking from the DoubleTree)...

It's a nice safe walk, along a landscaped sidewalk to the (no-line) valet security entrance.

There is also the Holiday Inn Across from Universal, which is across Major Blvd from the DoubleTree.

Thanks for this, was also looking for some up to date information regarding the walk. So would you say it would be a 30 min walk from hotel to gates? So if opening is at 8, then leave the hotel around 7.30??
Also, doubletree, as a partner hotel, you do get early access??

I would allow for 30 min but you likely won't need it all, even door-to-gate. If you're going to the studios I'm pretty sure it's faster to turn right on Universal and go through the parking lot behind Hard Rock.

We've visited UO a lot over the past few years and stayed quite a bit at the DT (on points) so we've tried most of the methods of getting there and back. They all have their drawbacks compared to on-property but I'm pretty sure the DT is about as good as it gets off-property (especially if you're Hilton gold/plat).

We were just there and there's some construction on Major blvd and I believe part of the sidewalk was blocked off past the highway.

We were just there and there's some construction on Major blvd and I believe part of the sidewalk was blocked off past the highway.
is there still a construction? or can i walk to universal from the double tree without problem

is there still a construction? or can i walk to universal from the double tree without problem
When I was there in December everything looked complete but the bridge was not open. There was nothing stopping you from using the street to walk though.

I walked from Universal to the Holiday Inn in Feb to pick up a rental car. The HI is just across Major Blvd from the Doubletree, so it should be fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts