Doubletree Suites

Diane D

Mouseketeer
Could anyone who has stayed at the Doubletree Suites answer a few questions for me.....

How is the bus transportation to the parks? I see for the MK, the buses take you to the TTC and you take the monorail or ferry from there. But what about the other parks? Do they drop you off right at the gate??

We've become used to staying on-site. Does it feel like you're at Disney staying here?

Is there a "food court" of some kind? Is it more like a snack shop?

I don't know if there are any other Doubletree Suites in the Orlando area but I thought I should maybe add that it's the Doubletree Suites near Downtown Disney that I'm asking about!

The only other Double tree hotel in orlando other then the one near DTD is the Castle hotel over on I-Drive.

Stayed there a couple of years ago on a weekend visit. After all was said and done, didn't like the experience and won't stay (or recommend this hotel) here again. It was shabby and worn out, and smelly. On the other hand, the staff were incredible. Very, very warm and friendly. I felt bad that all their good service was wasted on such a poor hotel! Can't help you with anything practical. I didn't use their transport and I didn't eat at their restaurant (it is not like a food court). I saw people waiting for the shuttles though. The shuttles most likely drop off at the gates at the parks other than the MK. It is not like staying in a Disney resort. It is quite a walk from Downtown Disney, but I did it in the evenings when it was a tiny bit cooler. Wish I could be more upbeat about the place, but unless some major refurbishing has been done, please don't expect much.

We stayed at Doubletree in DD June 2000, they must have updated their rooms,
because they were very nice. There are 2 Queen beds in the bedroom & fold out
couch in the LR, small kit.( we brought george foreman grill), and dressing area in
bedroom. It still had the disney feel somewhat because of having a disney store
in the lobby where we were able to purchase e-tickets. It has nice big swimming pool
& very small play area. We used their bus some. It runs every 30 min. & drops you
off close to the gate in a designated area. It is a larger bus than disney's, we never
waited that long because we knew what time to expect it to return. We did walk
to DD one day, but it is a good walk- on the way back we jumped on the hotel bus
that was next door to the Doubletree, then walked to Doubletree. We did that when
we didn't know the bus schedule and we wanted to get back - bus driver said it
didn't matter which one we took. Anyway we liked this deluxe hotel very much &
would stay there again. I am very picky! We had reservations at Holiday Inn KID SUITE
& was VERY disatisfied- room felt worn & dirty-staff rude & slow-room requests not
honored, even though they were made months in advance( wanted to be near our
friends who were traveling with us) I don't think that was that big of a request when
we have small children who like to go back & forth. Anyway, we changed to Doubletree
after one night & loved it. Hope this helps!

Originally posted by DVC~OKW~96
Stayed there a couple of years ago on a weekend visit. After all was said and done, didn't like the experience and won't stay (or recommend this hotel) here again. It was shabby and worn out, and smelly. On the other hand, the staff were incredible. Very, very warm and friendly. I felt bad that all their good service was wasted on such a poor hotel! Can't help you with anything practical. I didn't use their transport and I didn't eat at their restaurant (it is not like a food court). I saw people waiting for the shuttles though. The shuttles most likely drop off at the gates at the parks other than the MK. It is not like staying in a Disney resort. It is quite a walk from Downtown Disney, but I did it in the evenings when it was a tiny bit cooler. Wish I could be more upbeat about the place, but unless some major refurbishing has been done, please don't expect much.

Well said... the staff were great, but the hotel was tired and not worth the money- you gotta love 'em for their effort with the surroundings... also a couple years ago for me... I would try to verify any renovations... didn't use their transportation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter