Double your Trips, Double your Fun - June and September 2019 PTRs -No kids allowed!! *Updated 5/17

Discussion in 'Pre-Trip Reports and Plans' started by xlsm, May 14, 2019 at 11:28 AM.

1. ArielSRL

ArielSRL DIS Veteran

There is always drama with my MIL too. Fortunately we don't need her to house sit, bc she wouldn't do it anyways. We have a regular house sitter we use (though she is busy the last two nights of our trip...oops).

I need to add this trip to my PTR as well. I have 5 days of school with kids, then 2 without, left. Then I will have a lot more time on my hands, thank goodness.

My DH has not seen this and loves American History so this is a must for us. We've never been able to make it work before though.

An absolute necessity!

Pretty much same experience. Though I guess it will be a new version when we go in June. I still think we are skipping it.

2. SimplyGoofy

SimplyGoofy "You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!"

I'm in and looking forward to hearing about BOTH adventures!

Your plans for the first few days sound great! That is a lot to do at Epcot, but hopefully being just a duo will make it easier to maneuver around and get things accomplished. Hopefully you enjoy ROL much more at the dessert party!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Cloe Colton

Cloe Colton DIS Veteran

I would say the Star Wars one was definitely the cooler of the two, so I definitely wouldn't say no to that! I feel like a total chill day can be boring so as long as you have some pool time in there you can count it as a chill day!

You have a lot planned for EPCOT! Hope you can fit it all in!

5. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

I like a go with the flow DS evening! Maybe a progressive dinner with an app, meal and dessert all at different places?

I will be very curious to hear your thoughts on that! I have been thinking of adding it on to our July trip.

6. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

:rotfl:

Me too! I was so excited when they announced that too! I've wanted to see a classic monsters house for awhile, but I knew it was the top thing you wanted to see so I was really excited for you too!

Mom, you can't be fancy without me! :rotfl:

They did that us too! A child was practically sitting on me...and they were covered in/eating melted chocolate.

7. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

typing it all up got me more excited. I'm ready to be there now!!

Haha, I am a frequent lurker too, I get it!!

Everyone is really making me feel like the void is a good choice, I know DH will love it, so I think I'm going to have to get tickets.

I like the *idea* of ROL...and I might even like the show, I was just so miserable sitting there, LOL. I'm looking forward to the dessert party - the desserts all look so pretty!! I'm happy even if it's just good for cute pictures :rotfl:

Mine is already starting the "we might not be able to make it" stuff...three weeks out :scared1::faint: It drives me crazy!! We are currently going through alternate plans. The pets aren't the issue, it's having someone to watch the kids. We're beginning to create worst case scenarios, like cancelling, rebooking, or only one of us going.

I'm glad the year is winding down for you! The kids have all next week left and two days after Memorial Day (we used to get out earlier, but they started giving us a full week for Thanksgiving and some random days off in October and April). It's warm here so everyone is just so over it, lol!!
    I hope the kids aren't being too stir crazy in class!!

Same! Timing for it has never worked. I'm glad the tour is making us finally take the time for it.

I forgot about the new version, lol!! ROL is another thing we didn't want to skip b/c a behind the scenes look is now included in the Backstage Magic tour...and why I agreed as long as we did the dessert party!!

Welcome, welcome!!

We'll really be pushing it pretty hard that morning in Epcot. All of it is pretty fluid, since we'll be back on other evenings, but I'm curious to see how much I can get in that day. Frozen might be on the chopping block already.

We really embraced our calmer days in January. Usually I am an up early and go go go person, so it was nice to relax...but I can't sit by the pool ALL day, lol!! I'd be way too antsy and need to go somewhere at some point. Let's see how chill we can manage to keep it :rotfl: My vote is, not very. Ha!

Everyone's got me fairly convinced that the star wars void experience is the way to go!!

Ooh, a progressive dinner is a great idea!

I'm weird about dessert parties. I always want to try them, but I never find much value in the food part. I just like having a nice viewing area and a relaxed atmosphere before whatever show it's for. The ROL one is different though, the desserts look so pretty. I hope they are not style over substance!!

party:party:

That was pretty much it!! He is already kind of mad we're being almost fancy at the Yacht Club :rotfl::rotfl:

Ew!! Yes, I have kids, but sticky hands has always been ick to me!! That would have been a miserable experience.

Raeven likes this.
  8. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Happy Friday!

[​IMG]

Seven days of school left after today. Two major events left to manage. Then...Freedom. Woo.

Remember how I brought up MIL and drama? It has begun.

[​IMG]

She called DH crying yesterday saying she was so sorry but they might have to cancel on us. This literally happens every. single. time. The house and pet sitting isn't an issue, it's having someone home with the boys. The grandparents they usually stay with are going out of town for the last half of our trip, so they're out as backup. My mom works at the hospital and has to ask for her vacation weeks way ahead of time (like she asked off almost a year in advance for the October 2017 trip I took her on), and that's pretty much all available family we have.

*sigh*

So we are plotting out worse case scenarios right now: Cancelling, Rebooking for next Dec/Jan (although I'm getting tired of going during the holidays, I want to see the parks looking "normal". We've done seasons or holidays for a looong time now), or just one of us going.

But as of now, I'm going to keep acting like everything is going to work out and will happen as planned!!

Let's get into...

Chapter Three: Why is Mickey wearing capri pants?

Magic Kingdom Dayyyy!!

The first visit to MK of a trip is always my favorite!!

The plan is to head toward Adventureland first and ride Pirates, then onto Frontierland for Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain. I may see if we can meet Mickey and Minnie in their birthday celebration outfits first thing, though!!

[​IMG]
    (photo from Disney Tourist Blog)

But seriously, why the choice of the long shorts/capri pants on Mickey? And they're like wide legged gaucho looking things. Odd. Otherwise I think the outfits are AMAZING.

We're going to cruise through the park at a decent pace, and eventually hit our Buzz Lightyear FP before having lunch, and using our HM fast pass (we'll try to ride in the morning, too). Right now I think we're going to have lunch at Pecos Bill's or Sleepy Hollow, but we are also considering making a reservation at Skipper's Canteen b/c it's one of our favorites.

Our final FP is for Jungle Cruise, which we'll aim for riding at the end of our time window.

What we'd like to accomplish on this day (in no particular order):

Pirates
    Splash
    Big Thunder
    HM
    Small World
    Jungle Cruise
    Buzz
    People Mover
    Mickey and Minnie
    Flagpole rotating character meets

Honestly, this day is pretty wide open.

We have a dinner reservation at Shula's that we actually plan to keep (we always cancel!), and no set plans after that. We might just wander around the Boardwalk area.

Kind of a boring little update, but trying to churn out these daily plans...this is one of the less planned days, to kind of balance out our crazy first Epcot/AK day.

Enjoy your weekend everyone!!

9. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

Ugh I'm sorry that the drama has begun! What is her excuse? I hope you don't have to cancel or rebook that would be very disappointing!

MK day plans sound great though!

10. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

She wants to go to a conference.

Seriously.

We're also contemplating trying to add the kids to the reservation and bringing them along. Flights would be the biggest hurdle there, but it looks like there are a couple seats left on the flight

11. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily DIS Veteran

Perfect gif.

Ohh myyy goooooooosssshh. I swear your MIL makes my in-laws look like saints. That's horrible—I'm sorry! I hope everything works out. What a flake.

This is such a good list. I really wanna get to do the new flagpole meets, too!

12. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

OMG! Only 7 more days! we have a whole month left here in Jersey.

Ha, that's like the opposite of most people. But I hear you on wanting it to be just normal.

Denial is the best medicine!

I think I just saw that they changed a couple items on the menu, but I don't see a change on the website.

13. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Veronica Mars is good for grouchy situations, LOL

The fact that she cried made me so mad. For a conference. She's known about this and committed to it like six months ago

MeghanEmily likes this.
  14. xlsm

xlsm Snow White

Do you guys start the year in September? I never know what's better, getting out in May or going back in Sept. We used to get out even earlier but our school district added vacation days the past few years, so now we get out later than we're used to, but still go back early, this year on August 14.

Fully living the life of denial right now. We're checking to see if we can bring the kids with us, they'll just have to skip the tour and dessert party, but we can still add them to the DHS After Hours we have booked.

Oh, i'll have to check out the menu then. I usually order apps as entree there - I love the cachapas!!

StarWarsMomofGirls! likes this.
  15. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

In Jersey it is always after Labor Day.

August 14th sounds so early!!! We will be in Disney the 1st or 2nd week of school for you guys! So funny, how it is slightly different in the different areas.

YES!!! I don't know why they don't make that a entree option!

16. missangelalexis

missangelalexis DIS Veteran

A conference? That's so lame! It would be great if you could add the kids and still get to go; even though I know it won't be the adult getaway you hoped for then!

17. Raeven

Raeven DIS Veteran

I know we talked about this already, but this still makes me so mad! I hope you can find a way to make the changes you need to make, and I'm sure they won't mind coming with yoU!

I would also like to know.

Do you remember when gaucho pants were in? :lmao: They didn't look good on ANYONE.

Definitely keep it! I want you to try it so you know how good it is before we go :rotfl:

Our schools start in Sep and the schools at least end in May/the beginning of June still. (I think high school gets out earlier than elementary school though).

18. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

Joining in, I sure hope you two can go! Sorry for the family drama! I really love YC and Storm along Bay, such a fun pool area!

I really like putting my plans on here, it helps me stay organized!!

I agree the Capri pants on Mickey are hilarious!!

19. suse66

suse66 Mickey Bars should be a daily food group!

Seriously??? What is what is wrong with her??
    Gauchos:rotfl:, they were bad! Now that's all I am going to think of when I see Mickey, lol!

It is so good!! I ate there in March and we are eating there in July too. The Shakiri noodle salad with added chicken is one of my favourites!

Seven days??? Oh, I am SO jealous! We go until June 28th so 26.5 days left with the kids and 1.5 days of PD. I am done.....Plus I might be moving schools for next year as our kindergarten numbers are low. I won't know for sure until early June.