Double stroller tips and opinions

MandyAriel

Earning My Ears
Going with a 2yo and 4yo. We are trying to decide between a BOB which is side by side and both kids have the ability to recline. Or we have the long front to back (not sure of the official term) that has a regular seat that can recline and then a smaller seat that can be removed. I feel like the side by side would be most comfortable for the kids, but didn't know if maneuvering with that is going to be difficult. First time at Disney with kids and I need all the help I can get! Thank you!

We used a BOB with our 3 year old twins when we went last year. It was comfortable for the kids and had a good bit of storage room below. Depending on the time of year you go, it may be a little frustrating maneuvering any stroller through the parks. My complaint about the BOB is the size and weight with transportation. It is a little bulky when using the Disney Transportation. We stayed at Poly and even with the monorail it took a good bit of space.

This year I will try the double Mini. It seem smaller but still enough room for the kids to be comfortable.
https://www.kingdomstrollers.com/?g...3QWFvEbCPWngxoScpRj5kgkQqgHo7U18aAkJBEALw_wcB

I think you will want the side by side because they can easily jump in and out on their own and they can both see everything. Plus no need to fight over the front seat. They both recline to nap. Enjoy!

When our twins were young, we always brought the side by side. Advantage- built in parade seats for them when you park it!

I would say side by side, but not with a BOB. We have a single BOB at home and while I love it dearly, it's very bulky. We are leaning towards renting a City Mini - it's only 5-6 inches wider than a single.

The BOB, those front/back ones are soooo much harder to steer (in my opinion) then the BOB. We took our double BOB one year (it is REALLY difficult to travel with but still better then a front/back one), our double Maclaren the next year (thinner then the BOB so much easier but doesn't push as nicely) and now we bring two single Maclarens as two singles that fold is 10000x easier then any double we've tried.

We rented from Orlando stroller rentals, a side by side, but I don't remember the specific model. Our kids were 5 & 3 the first time, 7 & 5 the second trip. We went with the side by side so they could talk to eachother. We never used a double at home and I was worried about how hard to maneuver it would be, but the only place that was a challenge was on parking lot trams. My elderly father refused a wheelchair/scooter, and insisted on pushing the stroller, partly for his balance. I thought it was going to be a disaster but he had no trouble and overall it was easier to manage than I had expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!