Double stroller or two single strollers??

Disney Dudette

Mouseketeer
I will be in Disneyland next week with my mom and two daughters and I can't decide if I should bring our double stroller which is a smaller side by side so it not as wide as most OR two light weight single strollers? The double stroller is heavier when broken down so it would be more of a hastle boarding the train and monorail, etc. But it would be me only having one stroller rather than two... Any feedback from experience? I cannot decide so I need help! Thanks in advance! :)

We have done both in the past. It was definitely easier with the double rather than two singles. The only problem we ran into with the double was one night my mum took my daughter back early (she took the pram with her) and by the end of the night my husband ended up carrying a very tired boy back to the room.
But besides that set back overall the double was better.

I would vote for two singles, but that's because I've always found the double strollers to be harder to maneuver (and in crowds and in shops that was always an issue for me) and it meant the kids had to always be together to use the stroller. Having two strollers gave us more flexibility with the kids (albeit, these kids were about two years apart, so their interests were different).

Thanks for the opinions everyone! We finally decided we're going to try two single light-weight strollers for ease of breaking them down and maneuvering them! :)

Two singles!! We did the double for short afternoons at DL when I was alone with 2 kids but always took 2 singles when anyone came with us to push one, and to WDW. So much easier on your back and your patience in crowds!!

I was just debating this myself...planning to bring the carrier too for our 11 month old, but I don’t like using our double stroller in most places and think the chaos of DL will make me hate it all together. There’ll be 2 parents and 3 teenagers with 2 babies, so I’m hoping 2 singles will work ok! Thinking I’ll probably rent one.

I was just debating this myself...planning to bring the carrier too for our 11 month old, but I don’t like using our double stroller in most places and think the chaos of DL will make me hate it all together. There’ll be 2 parents and 3 teenagers with 2 babies, so I’m hoping 2 singles will work ok! Thinking I’ll probably rent one.
We prefer our double. If you need to separate you’ll have the carrier as backup. Who are you renting from?

With 5 able-bodied pushers, 2 singles seem perfectly reasonable! Personally, I'd avoid renting from Disney (not sure if this was your plan when you mentioned renting). Through Disney, it's $25 for 2 strollers, the strollers aren't adjustable, and you can't use them to/from the parks. Renting from an off-site company (like City Stroller Rentals, One Stop Mobility, or Baby Travel Company), for the same (or less!) cost, plus cushioning, and you can use it to/from the parks. Lowest price I'm seeing is Baby Travel Company, with City Mini for $15/day, or City Select for $18/day (or $55 or $65 per week, respectively, which is a savings of $100 or so, including the delivery fee).

I just wanted to share from experience that the success of any options with strollers depends on your style. If you break up into groups and the kids will be separated a lot, 2 singles is great. But if you're left as one adult with 2 kids, 2 strollers is really hard to manage. Also, what are their ages? The younger they are, the harder it is. I have twins and an older child, and I've never had success with the 2 stroller system, but if your kids are a few years apart in age, you could almost just take one single stroller and be fine. My twins are going to be 5 years old soon and we just do 1 single and they take turns.

I'm just going to throw my opinion in even though you've probably already decided. If you can afford $70 or so, the delta side by side double DX is a great stroller. Small, easy to fold, and just enough to give the kids a place to rest when they're tired.

We have 4 kids under 7, and we always take our chariot double stroller. It sounds like you just have the 2 kids, but frankly by the end of a long day (most recently 8am start to Halloween fireworks at 9:30) we can cram all 4 in there and make it a quadruple stroller. haha.

I tried a twin stroller with my twins, and my daughter tried with her twins. We both gave up simply because the twin stroller was just too cumbersome. It was so much easier to maneuver with singles, and to fold them and stash them in the back of the van.

We prefer our double. If you need to separate you’ll have the carrier as backup. Who are you renting from?
I was going to bring our single and rent a single at the park. I’m still on the fence.

With 5 able-bodied pushers, 2 singles seem perfectly reasonable! Personally, I'd avoid renting from Disney (not sure if this was your plan when you mentioned renting). Through Disney, it's $25 for 2 strollers, the strollers aren't adjustable, and you can't use them to/from the parks. Renting from an off-site company (like City Stroller Rentals, One Stop Mobility, or Baby Travel Company), for the same (or less!) cost, plus cushioning, and you can use it to/from the parks. Lowest price I'm seeing is Baby Travel Company, with City Mini for $15/day, or City Select for $18/day (or $55 or $65 per week, respectively, which is a savings of $100 or so, including the delivery fee).
Thank you! We’ll be driving from Az so we can bring our double with us...but it’ll take up most of the trunk :(, and I don’t like it.

The clip sounds interesting. Never heard of that?

Our littles are 11 months and just turned 2. Our double stroller is so cumbersome! I don’t enjoy using it even in places that aren’t too crowded...I just feel like I’ll be annoyed navigating it through the crowds. It’s easier to have them both in 1 stroller if I’m alone, but chances are there will be enough pushers to make 2 strollers work. But then again, parking them and staying together will be more difficult with 2 strollers...
I’ll talk to my teens and see if they’d be up for pushing a stroller around, I suspect they’d rather not. The carrier and 1 stroller is so tempting, but by the end of the day I know ill want a place to lay them both down.

Thank you all for your input! I appreciate it! We’ll make either work I’m sure. And I’ll come back and share when we’re back and net you know how it worked out :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter