Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Yes - double umbrella stroller

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • No - babywear and lots of breaks

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters

WDWDancer

Recruiting Mouse
We are taking a trip Dec 2018. Party of 5 a 4 yr old and 2 yr old twins. All our kiddos are very petite (20 lbs). Our twins currently despise strollers and want to walk everywhere like big sister. We have been debating on renting a double umbrella stroller or just skip the stroller and babywear them when needed. If a stroller any recommendations?

Our plan is to go to the parks early morning then back after lunch for naptime and maybe return a few times for some evening fun.

Our kids are roughly the same age as you...we have an older one and then twins who are 3 years younger. We never did any type of "babywear"...anywhere, ever. Just not our thing. So I'll admit to being biased against it. We always used strollers. For the twins, we had a nicer double umbrella for WDW and thought it was perfect. I don't recall what brand it was, but it was one of the ones you'd find at WalMart/Costco/Target for about $60-$70. So it wasn't the el-cheapo special, but it wasn't anything fancy at all. It did its' job perfectly. Pushed the twins around so they never got tired...WDW is enormous...we'd rather push them around and have them enjoy the parks then make them walk and have them get tired. Others may disagree, but we didn't really find it all that cumbersome pushing a double around the parks, and we made many trips with it. The only time it was really cumbersome was when we were in a store. Then it was a pain, and we'd often just put it in stroller parking outside.

Our twins (now 6 but they went to Disney at 2 and 4) used to hate sitting in the stroller. The exception? When we went to Disney.:thumbsup2 At MK, they insisted on walking until we got to Ariel's Grotto. Then they were done. Even our older ones used the stroller to sit down and eat. We couldn't always find a table or bench for all 6 of us, so the stroller came in handy. We used a regular side by side and had no problems.

We rented a double stroller on our last trip. Our boys were 7 & 2, our 7 year old was small at the time. I think if we ever went with littles again I would get 2 single strollers just because trying to fold the large double and get into the trams was cumbersome, especially if you aren't used to it.
if your kids are all on the smaller side you might be able to squeeze all 3 into a double, then the younger kids wouldn't be upset that older sibling is walking.

We rented from Apple stroller, it was great.

We've taken both a double stroller and two single strollers for our twins. Two single strollers is SO MUCH EASIER. We take our single Maclaren umbrella strollers now, the doubles were a huge pain on the buses and stuff.

Do you wear the kids a lot? I have a 2 year old myself, and I’m pretty confident he would hate being strapped to someone’s back for very long. He’s 33 lbs, so I don’t even attempt it. He doesn’t love the stroller, but is willing to sit in it when he gets tired.

I actually wasn’t ever much into babywearing...he was 27 lbs by a year and I’m very petite myself...it was a lot of weight for me to carry even then.

Babywearing is hot, and will be awkward if they want to get up/down/in/out a lot. The stroller is a great place to escape the crowds, honestly people are awful and will bowl over little ones as if they don't even see them. There's also miles and miles of walking just to get to the actual park/rides, so you'll need a stroller for that...

When my younger son was a toddler I rented a double stroller and put my Ergo in the basket. My dh didn’t want to rent it because he didn’t think big brother would ride in it. I ended up using both for my toddler and my older son who thought strollers were for babies got tired and ended riding up in it. I have a photo from the last of both of them asleep in the double stroller in MK because they were so exhausted. By then my older hadn’t taken naps for years.

I will tell you that getting the double on and off the bus was a huge pain. If I did it again I might have just rented a stroller for big brother and brought little brother’s regular stroller to the park. It was handy though to just have one so that the other parent could chase down any kids who wanted to walk.

I would definitely bring a stroller. It's a lot of walking, and you may even find one of your older kids wanting to ride in it occasionally (i.e. if you want to walk around world showcase). Even though your 2yo are little, they will get heavy and hot and sweaty after a long day in the park.

Also, you can park the stroller and babywear/walk in area of the park, but it will be great to have a stroller when you need to do the long haul walks from one end to the other.

I just wanted to add that, yes, the double stroller was harder on the buses, and if we JUST had the 2 yro twins, we wouldv'e gotten single strollers. However, at the time we also had a 5 year old and a 7 year old. When my husband would go on a coaster with the two older ones, it was easier for me to be left alone with the double stroller. Trying to push two single strollers yourself is a nightmare.

Do you wear the kids a lot? I have a 2 year old myself, and I’m pretty confident he would hate being strapped to someone’s back for very long. He’s 33 lbs, so I don’t even attempt it. He doesn’t love the stroller, but is willing to sit in it when he gets tired.

I actually wasn’t ever much into babywearing...he was 27 lbs by a year and I’m very petite myself...it was a lot of weight for me to carry even then.

They do get worn weekly - we actually dont even own a stroller at the moment because I sold it a few weeks ago since it was a battle anytime they had to be in it

We went for our twins 3rd birthday and when they were four. Rented a double stroller both times and the kids used it the whole trip. We would let them walk at times but often it was easier with them in the stroller. We are going again this year and the kids will be 5 and i will probably get it again. As some have mentioned, the parks are big and it is a lot of walking for little ones. And it would be tough to carry them all day every day.

I’d bring a stroller and carrier. I switched between the two at that age and my ds loved it. I’ll also add it was great if he fell asleep and I could wear him on some rides still.

I would definitely bring a stroller. It's a lot of walking, and you may even find one of your older kids wanting to ride in it occasionally (i.e. if you want to walk around world showcase). Even though your 2yo are little, they will get heavy and hot and sweaty after a long day in the park.

Also, you can park the stroller and babywear/walk in area of the park, but it will be great to have a stroller when you need to do the long haul walks from one end to the other.

There were times when we needed to get across the park quickly. When that happened we'd tell the kids to pile into the stroller and we'd hoof it. We could push them a lot faster then they could walk.

I vote to do both, Babywear but also rent a double stroller from outside company. If the kids(twins or even the older sibling) get tired enough they just might to sit, and if not you can at least haul your belongings in the stroller (diaper bag, cooler with waters, shopping bags, baby carriers when the kids want to walk) so you feel less of a pack mule. And even though it’s annoying to fold the stroller for transport, it can be really nice at the end of the night to use walking back to room across a large property instead of hauling three tired/sleeping kids

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter