Double Stroller as Wheelchair?

Randy Miller

Mouseketeer
Trip scheduled for August, so Totally aware it may get cancelled, but making a few plans on my head “just in case”. We have 2 foster dudes (2.5, 4.5) that both have CP ( spastic quadriplegic) They are both relatively “immobile” ( one can roll, one can walk With a lot of assistance) they both have g tubes since birth ( extreme oral defensiveness) and multiple global delays. All that being said, can someone use our double stroller as a “stroller as wheelchair” or would it be “easier” to split them into two “medical strollers”?

Yes! We have always used our double and gotten a sticker. One child is disabled and another lucky kid has gotten to stay in the stroller with him in line since they get a free ride. Just be careful that your stroller isn’t too wide as Disney has new standards

You can do the double as a wheelchair long as it fits the size guidelines. Some doubles are too big too fit in the lines and arent allowed in the park. Even my daughters adaptive stroller which easily fits the guidelines can be tricky to get around some of the corners in the lines.But i found it harder to maneuver a double stroller, the shops are just too small and too crowded. I prefer to take in two separate strollers.

Trip scheduled for August, so Totally aware it may get cancelled, but making a few plans on my head “just in case”. We have 2 foster dudes (2.5, 4.5) that both have CP ( spastic quadriplegic) They are both relatively “immobile” ( one can roll, one can walk With a lot of assistance) they both have g tubes since birth ( extreme oral defensiveness) and multiple global delays. All that being said, can someone use our double stroller as a “stroller as wheelchair” or would it be “easier” to split them into two “medical strollers”?
2 things to think about with double stroller. one with lines and the double if younger child does not meet a height requirement that child can not be in stroller in line and second doubles have to be folded on skyliner if using that. if you have enough adults I would use the 2 medical strollers that way if one needs care you don't have to carry one if both are not going same place ie diaper changes or one wants to ride something and other does not

Short answer: yes, you may use a double-stroller for "stroller as wheelchair." As mentioned above, just be sure it fits the required size limitations.

Consider if there is any possibility your party may need to split up -- someone is cranky, having a really bad day, needs a nap, too short to ride, etc. If that may be possible, 2 single strollers would be easier so someone isn't left being carried while the stroller goes with the other child. Another consideration as PP mentioned is the Skyliner; single strollers may be rolled on but doubles must be folded. With regards to other transportation - fold for buses and some smaller boats around the MK resorts; ok to roll-on for monorail, ferry, Friendship boats and larger boats around the MK resorts. If you might be using transportation that requires the stroller be folded, I'd stick with the double so 1 adult can wrangle kids while the other adult manages the stroller.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!