Double Stroller as a Wheelchair?

Tortellini5

Earning My Ears
Hello!
My son has Down Syndrome, I do not think we will need a DAS pass as he can probably wait in lines as long as we keep him busy (same with his typical sister) but I do want to see if we can get the pass to use his stroller as a wheelchair due to his low tone and him getting tired from too much walking. My question is can we use the double stroller we plan to rent (not from Disney) while we are down there as a wheelchair? We will need the double stroller bc my daughter will only be 2 and can't do all that walking either. I guess I'm just worried they will say we can't use the double stroller as a wheelchair since the pass will technically be just for my son not my daughter.
Any thoughts?

Yes, you should be able to use a side-by-side double-stroller to be tagged as "stroller-as-wheelchair" -- just stop by Guest Relations and explain your son's needs. Some queues may be a little tight, but most side-by-side strollers fit the dimensions; most front-back doubles are too long.

Enjoy your vacation!

Hello!
My son has Down Syndrome, I do not think we will need a DAS pass as he can probably wait in lines as long as we keep him busy (same with his typical sister) but I do want to see if we can get the pass to use his stroller as a wheelchair due to his low tone and him getting tired from too much walking. My question is can we use the double stroller we plan to rent (not from Disney) while we are down there as a wheelchair? We will need the double stroller bc my daughter will only be 2 and can't do all that walking either. I guess I'm just worried they will say we can't use the double stroller as a wheelchair since the pass will technically be just for my son not my daughter.
Any thoughts?
only problem I can see is if there is a ride that son wants to do and daughter does not make height requirement. daughter will not be allowed in line even if not riding. I have not done double stroller but friends have and this was problem they ran into

only problem I can see is if there is a ride that son wants to do and daughter does not make height requirement. daughter will not be allowed in line even if not riding. I have not done double stroller but friends have and this was problem they ran into
That is something to consider.
Those might be times to take the 2 year old for a snack or something else you wouldn't need the stroller for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!