Double Special Needs Stroller/Keenz 7?

WonderlandisReality

DIS Veteran
We have been looking at options for double special needs strollers for our family including but not limited to a planned Disney Trip.

Our therapist pointed us in the direction of a Keenz 7S stroller wagon. Accommodates taller kids/combined weight of 110 lbs. It's a fairly new model. I was aware that wagons typically aren't allowed at WDW. Their FB page says that this model is approved for use inside WDW.

If it's true they can have my money now. We have a standard double wagon and a standard double stroller. Neither will last much longer as the oldest has limited mobility but is very tall. I would be more confident if someone here could confirm it would be OK to take inside WDW?

Don't really want to risk the chance that a double park rental wouldn't be available. Not to mention the lack of availability outside the parks and lack of 5 point harness for my youngest.

I haven't seen one, but given that you can push it in front of you like a stroller and not pull it behind, it might be allowed.

I could see you having a problem with this. Although it can be pushed it looks just like a regular wagon. It looks like size wise its ok. But just because the company says its disney approved doesn't mean there won't be an issue.

This page on the Walt Disney World Resort website: Restricted Personal Items

States that the following are NOT allowed: (from a larger list)

• Wagons
  • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)
Screen Shot 2017-03-19 at 7.29.43 PM.png

I'm NOT a Cast Member - but please understand that most CM's - and other Guests - would probably look at that and say "Wagon".

I would caution you against making a substantial investment in something that might not be allowed at WDW. Calling WDW won't help; those calls go to a Call Center that is no where near the Park. The decision can only be made by Guest Relations at the Parks - and each Park has it's own Guest Relations staff.

I don't have a solution for you, but I would certainly hate to see you disappointed if you bring something to the Parks that you were unable to use on WDW property.

I would caution you against making a substantial investment in something that might not be allowed at WDW. Calling WDW won't help; those calls go to a Call Center that is no where near the Park. The decision can only be made by Guest Relations at the Parks - and each Park has it's own Guest Relations staff.

I don't have a solution for you, but I would certainly hate to see you disappointed if you bring something to the Parks that you were unable to use on WDW property.

Thank You. It may be something I have to invest in anyway for everyday use (Option B is ~$1600 imported from the UK). Not a fan of the set up for the double park rental strollers, but it certainly works if there is lack of other options.

How tall is your son? there's a pic showing the inside , and it doesn't look like there's much legroom. I'm curious what option b from the UK is? Trying to find a double special needs stroller but haven't found one under $3k

The eldest is 47". The youngest is 36". Option B is get a Maclaren major elite (with accessories) and either retrofit with a buggypod for the youngest (that won't last long) or get a custom double Maclaren elite for ~900 £ not including accessories and shipping. I believe that the interior is ~35" on this. Granted that they have to share space, but more often than not they sit crossed-leg anyway.

Fifteen years ago I had a custom made stroller made through Baby Jogger for my then 5 year old twins. They were very easy to work with. The stroller was caller a SN3 Highback (Special Needs). It was basically a Baby Jogger Triplette converted into a Twinner. Held up to 150 pounds. I had to send in measurements of both my kids and they determined the best fit. Price back then was ~$800-$900. I can't remember exactly. It would not work for special needs children with lack of tone issues as it does not offer much support/restraint (at least not the one I bought).

Plus I must point out the stroller was massive. I donated it to Goodwill a couple of years ago so I do not have it to measure, but it may be over the maximum stroller dimensions.

We have been looking at options for double special needs strollers for our family including but not limited to a planned Disney Trip.

Our therapist pointed us in the direction of a Keenz 7S stroller wagon. Accommodates taller kids/combined weight of 110 lbs. It's a fairly new model. I was aware that wagons typically aren't allowed at WDW. Their FB page says that this model is approved for use inside WDW.

If it's true they can have my money now. We have a standard double wagon and a standard double stroller. Neither will last much longer as the oldest has limited mobility but is very tall. I would be more confident if someone here could confirm it would be OK to take inside WDW?

Don't really want to risk the chance that a double park rental wouldn't be available. Not to mention the lack of availability outside the parks and lack of 5 point harness for my youngest.
We just went to Disneyworld with our Keenz in December. Only one employee tried to call it a wagon and the employee next to him told him it is a push so it is allowed. I am in another group called Keenz Queenz & Kingz it is a very informative group on Facebook with lots of suggestion and information. Also there is a company now Orlando for Families that rent the Keenz for Disneyworld. They are definitely allowed.

• Wagons
View attachment 226410

I'm NOT a Cast Member - but please understand that most CM's - and other Guests - would probably look at that and say "Wagon".

The Keenz is not a wagon it is a JPMA certified stroller. It has five point harness http://www.orlandoforfamilies.com

• Wagons
View attachment 226410

We just went to Disneyworld with our Keenz in December. Only one employee tried to call it a wagon and the employee next to him told him it is a push so it is allowed. I am in another group called Keenz Queenz & Kingz it is a very informative group on Facebook with lots of suggestion and information. Also there is a company now Orlando for Families that rent the Keenz for Disneyworld. They are definitely allowed.
I just wanted to add that Keenz is JPMA certified as a stroller not a wagon. Disney cast members have been trained on the difference. The Keenz brand ambassadors actually meet up at Disneyworld throughout the year. Multiple people in that group I mentioned have children with disabilities using the Keenz instead of a wheelchair or custom stroller.

I'll bet this was the thing I saw last time we were there. It looked just like those and I was wondering how that family was able to get it in the park! I didn't realize it was a stroller. I thought it was a folding wagon.

I'll bet this was the thing I saw last time we were there. It looked just like those and I was wondering how that family was able to get it in the park! I didn't realize it was a stroller. I thought it was a folding wagon.
they really do look like a stroller that you push, I can see Disney banning them soonish ( like a few years) the parks are starting to get more crowded and the last time I was there one person was having a hard time getting his thought the crowded and running into people ( knocked one little girl down). there is also the Cendrell stroller that looks very similar ( just as big) in the parks now too.

they really do look like a stroller that you push, I can see Disney banning them soonish ( like a few years) the parks are starting to get more crowded and the last time I was there one person was having a hard time getting his thought the crowded and running into people ( knocked one little girl down). there is also the Cendrell stroller that looks very similar ( just as big) in the parks now too.
The Keenz is actually smaller than both double strollers I own. Folded and unfolded. Also way easier to turn and navigate. So size is not an issue that will factor into allowing them in the parks unless they ban all multiple children strollers. But I know Disney gets crowded sometimes. Certain areas worse than others. I usually get hit with all the rental scooters. People have never driven one and then rent one but cannot drive it well. I was watching the Christmas show and got plowed down by one.

they really do look like a stroller that you push,

If they are the ones in the photos mamabunny put up, they actually LOOK like a wagon. Perhaps if I would have seen it in action, I would have realized it was a stroller. However, the family was standing around talking, and it looked like a wagon to me. I assumed it had a pull handle on it, although I'm sure I didn't specifically look for one.

I certainly disagree that it LOOKS like a stroller, at first glance. It's even called a "stroller wagon." I don't see why Disney would have any reason to ban them, as they are no bigger than their double rental stroller, and many other large strollers I have seen people bring in.

In action, you can pull it. But it is waaaaaaay easier to push. Much like a grocery cart, it can be pulled fully loaded but it’s obviously design was as pushing.
Ditto to it being the most compact double we have ever had. It’s also the most suitable for indoors when compared with our double adaptive stroller. That thing is massive!
I just brought our Keenz through IKEA yesterday. I like being able to manage it with one hand in crowded spaces like that. And it was only slightly larger than the carts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!