Double beds vs queen-sized beds

zahi

Earning My Ears
Excuse my ignorance , but I read that the Moderates normally have 2 sets of " double " beds while the Deluxes normally have 2 sets of " Queen-sized " beds.

What are the sizes for each type & how much is the difference in size ?

Thanks

Zahi

Hi Zahi!

As far as I know, the queen size beds (at the Polynesian) were just as big as our queen size beds at home.

The *double* size beds at Coronado Springs were the regular traditional sized double beds.

I think the only variance you'll find is at the Dolphin, where their doubles are supposed to be slightly larger than the standard. We stayed there a few weeks ago, and I couldn't tell the difference!

The standard matress sizes:
Full (double) 53" x 74"
Queen 60" x 80"
King 76" x 80"

moderates have extra long doubles (so 53x80)

deluxes have queens.

If you sleep on a queen at home, a double may feel small unless you are both small people and/or do not move in the night

The main difference that I noticed between the double and queen was not the width but the length. My feet seem to hang off the double at the Fw cabins but was fine at the queens in the AKL and DI. We have a queen waterbed at home so can't really compare.

My wife and I are not small (although not huge either) people and the double beds at All Star Sports and Coronado Springs were too small. It was definitely the width that was the problem for us.

I won't knowingly stay in a double bed again.

DH and I sleep in a king at home so we try to get a king when we travel. At CBR last week we ended up getting 2 doubles because we wanted a certain building and view. We each had our own bed! ;)

Doesn't POR have queen beds? It's a moderate but I could have sworn the bed was the same as my queen at home

No - POR has the extra long doubles (so your feet won't hang off) - but definately not queens.

I don't know about the Wilderness Cabins - I know they are doubles but not about the length.

I can't sleep with my dh in a double - I get too hot if we are essentially on top of each other all night - those extra 7 inches of width make a huge difference for us (but then again we sleep on a king at home) We have 2 boys (7 & 4.5) so getting 2 rooms is not really an option yet.

:jester:

Next trip 12/02 AKL - opted for Queen with Bunk Beds :cool:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter