Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

That looks like such a fun course! I can't imagine standing outside before a race that long in the cold. Hopefully it warmed up a little for the next three days!
Nice race photos! What cool memories to have!
That cheese, though...lol

That looks like such a fun course! I can't imagine standing outside before a race that long in the cold. Hopefully it warmed up a little for the next three days!
Nice race photos! What cool memories to have!
That cheese, though...lol

Yeah that was really the biggest downside to the races. Standing in the cold.

Looks like you had a fun race despite the cold! Yay race 1 done!

Only 3 to go!

Brr! Waiting around in the cold is no fun!

I totally know what you mean about the character lines during the 5K...it’s a bit disappointing but I’m glad you got a couple of fun pics! And the cheese in the snack box is a perfect way to cap off the morning!

Brr! Waiting around in the cold is no fun!

I totally know what you mean about the character lines during the 5K...it’s a bit disappointing but I’m glad you got a couple of fun pics! And the cheese in the snack box is a perfect way to cap off the morning!
Maybe someday I'll have a good enough POT to get in a early corral so I can stop for more characters. I was happy with the pictures I got though. Cheese is a good way to cap off most things!

It’s really nice hearing and seeing what the races are like from an experienced Disney runner. This has always been an event me and my sister have always been interested in but have never done it.

It’s really nice hearing and seeing what the races are like from an experienced Disney runner. This has always been an event me and my sister have always been interested in but have never done it.
runDisney gets a lot of hate but they remain great experiences. Of course there are things they could improve upon but I'll continue to do these events for the time being and I recommend everyone to try them.

runDisney gets a lot of hate but they remain great experiences. Of course there are things they could improve upon but I'll continue to do these events for the time being and I recommend everyone to try them.

Expo didn’t look too fun with those lines but it’s all part of the experience:rotfl2:

This road then takes us backstage into Epcot underneath Test Track.
I'm not sure if it was the 5K or 10K but on one of the races they were actually testing the cars, which was really neat to see.
Running around World Showcase in the dark with the torches on and music playing is just awesome.
Agreed. This is one of the best parts of rDisney races!

Your "I did it" photo is fantastic!

I'm not sure if it was the 5K or 10K but on one of the races they were actually testing the cars, which was really neat to see.

Agreed. This is one of the best parts of rDisney races!

Your "I did it" photo is fantastic!
Yes I remember that! I think it was the 10K.

Thanks!

The merchandise area was the worst handled I had ever seen. I really hope they fix that for the future although my hopes are not high.

I only missed out on two things I wanted really. I couldn't find the weekend ornament which apparently they restocked later and a Dopey jacket. I ended up getting a marathon jacket instead so that was okay.

I think that was definitely the worse I've seen it late on a Weds. I seem to remember instagram pics of crazy lines outside last year, but I don't know how long they lasted.

After Pirates we were hungry again so we headed over to Pecos Bill's. This was my first time here in a long time. I ended up getting the Nachos and a bottle of water.

Nachos were quite good so I am sure I will be back here again at some point soon.
I fixin's bar that has guacamole on it. what's not to love?

Yeah I definitely wanted to check out the vendors but runDisney screwed that up.
For Vendors this is the most expensive weekend. I know one of the women's skirt makers says they do the other Disney expo's but not this one because it costs too much. If I was a vendor I would have been really livid at a setup that actively keeps the Dopey and Goofy people out of that building. They are spending by far the most $ to be there, the longest time there and would likely be the highest spenders at the expo.

I love pirates too! I guess because they announced it so long ago I was already expecting the red head scene to be changed. Pleasant surprise to get one more glimpse of the original!
We assumed it had already changed to, so it was a surprise to see it one more time.

I happened to get on the first bus which was nearly full when I arrived.
We were on the same bus. I was the guy in the pink jacket and Sombrero.

Running around World Showcase in the dark with the torches on and music playing is just awesome.

You are so right! It's one of my favorite things. The pre 2013 (I think) Marathon course used to start that way and I loved it.

I then stopped for the Brother Bear meet and greet in Canada since I have never met them before.
They weren't out when we went by I wondered who it was.

Maybe someday I'll have a good enough POT to get in a early corral so I can stop for more characters. I was happy with the pictures I got though. Cheese is a good way to cap off most things!
The 5k and 10k were crazy. We started at the beginning of A and ran pretty fast and there was already a long line for chip and Dale.

Yup our whole group was grumbling about how bad the expo was and were worried the whole weekend was going to continue on the same path, but the races themselves were really good. I think that means with Brother Bear there were 5 Character stops during that race. Not bad that's a character every .62 miles. I think that may be the best ratio of any Disney race.

I think that was definitely the worse I've seen it late on a Weds. I seem to remember instagram pics of crazy lines outside last year, but I don't know how long they lasted.

I fixin's bar that has guacamole on it. what's not to love?

For Vendors this is the most expensive weekend. I know one of the women's skirt makers says they do the other Disney expo's but not this one because it costs too much. If I was a vendor I would have been really livid at a setup that actively keeps the Dopey and Goofy people out of that building. They are spending by far the most $ to be there, the longest time there and would likely be the highest spenders at the expo.

We assumed it had already changed to, so it was a surprise to see it one more time.

We were on the same bus. I was the guy in the pink jacket and Sombrero.

You are so right! It's one of my favorite things. The pre 2013 (I think) Marathon course used to start that way and I loved it.

They weren't out when we went by I wondered who it was.

The 5k and 10k were crazy. We started at the beginning of A and ran pretty fast and there was already a long line for chip and Dale.

Yup our whole group was grumbling about how bad the expo was and were worried the whole weekend was going to continue on the same path, but the races themselves were really good. I think that means with Brother Bear there were 5 Character stops during that race. Not bad that's a character every .62 miles. I think that may be the best ratio of any Disney race.
I don't think those lines lasted too long. I went in the mid afternoon last year 2-3PM? and there were no lines.

Definitely love the fixings bar!

I didn't know that about vendors so that would definitely upset me if I were them.

I do remember seeing you guys dressed up and thought that was you!

Yeah after the expo I think the weekend overall went really well.

I'd forgotten about the Brother Bear characters. I actually didn't know who they were since I don't think I've ever seen that movie. Looks like you had a great run and I agree the 5K course through Epcot is really great.

Only 3 more races to go. :)

I'd forgotten about the Brother Bear characters. I actually didn't know who they were since I don't think I've ever seen that movie. Looks like you had a great run and I agree the 5K course through Epcot is really great.

Only 3 more races to go. :)
It’s definitely a lesser known movie. The line wasn’t too bad so I stopped.

Hardest one done right? ;)

Following along! I've never run a race before, but that would be pretty cool to run around World Showcase like that!

Yay! I am here for this trip report!! Your room looks amazing! And I'm sorry your expo experience wasn't too great. I really hope they make some changes before next year.
Congrats on the 5K! Can't wait to read about the others!

Yay! I am here for this trip report!! Your room looks amazing! And I'm sorry your expo experience wasn't too great. I really hope they make some changes before next year.
Congrats on the 5K! Can't wait to read about the others!
Thanks for joining in! I hope they get it figured out for the other races this year. I’m probably gonna do wine and dine.

Those meet and greets look awesome! I can see why some of them would have very long lines.

Congrats on completing the 5K! I’m excited to hear about the other 3 races that you ran!

Those meet and greets look awesome! I can see why some of them would have very long lines.

Congrats on completing the 5K! I’m excited to hear about the other 3 races that you ran!
Yeah meet and greets are a big part of the runDisney experience and some people try to hit them all.

The other races will only get longer ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!