Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

First time venturing to the trip report boards. Very interested in hearing how your races went since I’m interested of doing a Disney race in the near future.

Yuk, what a rainy start! I know it got better than that. You know I'm totally with you on the early start...nothing like being in the parks by noon after sleeping in your own bed!

Love the BLT location - but ugh that room decor. We haven't stayed at BLT yet mostly because those rooms just hold zero appeal to me. It's like staying in Panem or some other dystopian future. I do have to try it someday.

I’m following along. Can’t wait to hear about your full Dopey.

I knew right away I wanted to come bak and run the 2018 Dopey challenge not only to actually run the entire challenge but to run the 5th anniversary of the Dopey Challenge and the 25th anniversary of the Walt Disney World Marathon.

I hate to be pedantic, and it drives me nuts that Disney advertises it this way, but it wasn’t the 5th and 25th anniversaries. It was the 5th and 25th annual. No one counts their wedding day as their first anniversary. Sorry, rant over. :)

Hi Ryan, joining in! It was great to finally meet you at the 5K. I have to say that the horrible Expo and cold before the 5K almost turned me off to Disney races. But as soon as I started the 5K, I knew I would be back to do another one! It was just so magical running through Epcot as the sun came up.

Sounds like you had a smooth travel day other than the crazy line for DME. Mom and I ran into a long line a few years ago but Disney does a great job of getting everyone on a bus quickly.

Yay for the AP! I got one of those too this time since I'm going back two more times this year. My third trip in October is one week before the Wine and Dine race. I'm seriously considering talking to my family to see if we can move the trip so I can do the 5K Yep I think I'm hooked!

WOW!! Incredible room!

It was!

Yuk, what a rainy start! I know it got better than that. You know I'm totally with you on the early start...nothing like being in the parks by noon after sleeping in your own bed!

Love the BLT location - but ugh that room decor. We haven't stayed at BLT yet mostly because those rooms just hold zero appeal to me. It's like staying in Panem or some other dystopian future. I do have to try it someday.

The rain stopped pretty quickly so that was good.

The room decor isn’t my favorite but I didn’t find it that bad either.

I’m following along. Can’t wait to hear about your full Dopey.

I hate to be pedantic, and it drives me nuts that Disney advertises it this way, but it wasn’t the 5th and 25th anniversaries. It was the 5th and 25th annual. No one counts their wedding day as their first anniversary. Sorry, rant over. :)

Thanks for joining in!

Hi Ryan, joining in! It was great to finally meet you at the 5K. I have to say that the horrible Expo and cold before the 5K almost turned me off to Disney races. But as soon as I started the 5K, I knew I would be back to do another one! It was just so magical running through Epcot as the sun came up.

Sounds like you had a smooth travel day other than the crazy line for DME. Mom and I ran into a long line a few years ago but Disney does a great job of getting everyone on a bus quickly.

Yay for the AP! I got one of those too this time since I'm going back two more times this year. My third trip in October is one week before the Wine and Dine race. I'm seriously considering talking to my family to see if we can move the trip so I can do the 5K Yep I think I'm hooked!

Yes it was great to finally meet you too!

The expo craziness was definitely not normal so I hope that doesn’t continue. I’m glad the race experience got better for you once it actually started. It was definitely cold.

I’m hoping to do the Wine and Dine half this year.

Joining in! Saw you several times at various meet-ups, but never actually said hello. Looking forward to your TR!

We were SO happy to leave behind the cold of Chicago, too!!! We arrived in FL on the 30th, so we actually had two beautiful sunny, warm days to enjoy before the cold and rainy days that followed! I couldn't BELIEVE how cold it was!!!

I'm interested to hear your take on the Expo. As a newbie, I just assumed this is how it always must be!!

I've never stayed in an MK resort either. That view (and TV!) would certainly be amazing! I don't know if I'd ever be able to justify the cost if I were trying to stay there out of pocket though....someday!!

Joining in! Saw you several times at various meet-ups, but never actually said hello. Looking forward to your TR!

Thanks for joining in!

We were SO happy to leave behind the cold of Chicago, too!!! We arrived in FL on the 30th, so we actually had two beautiful sunny, warm days to enjoy before the cold and rainy days that followed! I couldn't BELIEVE how cold it was!!!

I'm interested to hear your take on the Expo. As a newbie, I just assumed this is how it always must be!!

I've never stayed in an MK resort either. That view (and TV!) would certainly be amazing! I don't know if I'd ever be able to justify the cost if I were trying to stay there out of pocket though....someday!!

It was definitely cold in Florida!

The expo was not how I’ve normally experienced it.

I probably wouldn’t be able to afford that room out of pocket but I’m glad I had DVC friends to allow me the chance.

I'm in and excited to be following along!!

Congrats on the AP! I know this means more trips for you and hope this means more trip reports for us! :)

Normally just a stalker on the DIS (I'm more active on wdwmagic) but I'm here & so excited to read more!!

I just got an AP too and I already have 3 trips booked this year... be careful :D

I'm in and excited to be following along!!

Congrats on the AP! I know this means more trips for you and hope this means more trip reports for us! :)

Thanks for joining in! Definitely will have more trip reports!

Normally just a stalker on the DIS (I'm more active on wdwmagic) but I'm here & so excited to read more!!

I just got an AP too and I already have 3 trips booked this year... be careful :D

Thanks for joining in!

Joining in...congrats on the Dopey Ryan!

Thanks for joining in!

following along and can't wait to read more!

Thanks for joining in!

I can't wait to read more about your trip, and maybe it will inspire me to write my own report. It's always fun to relive Disney through other trip reports.

Your room looks great, and I envy the convenience of walking to Magic Kingdom. I've stayed at Poly, and really wish I could justify the cost to stay there again.

I barely got 2 hours of sleep before my early flight. I always wonder why I do that to myself, but I do enjoy having a full day to enjoy there. I was also disappointed in the weather, but kept trying to remind myself it was warmer than at home, and green, not blah!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter