Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

Fantastic! I didn't ever see him out.

These guys (construction workers??) were so awesome when I went past. They were just completely talking smack the whole time-it was hilarious!
Really? Mickey was out every day I believe before and after the races.

Was Vacation Genie out for every race? I remember seeing him for the 10k, half, and full and joked to myself that they sure were working Vacation Genie hard that weekend. I was bummed that Duffy was the last character stop. I know some people love him but I don’t share those feelings. I had bypassed Genie since I got my picture taken with him before and figured there would be one stop before the finish line and even said ”Duffy?? NO!”

Was Vacation Genie out for every race? I remember seeing him for the 10k, half, and full and joked to myself that they sure were working Vacation Genie hard that weekend. I was bummed that Duffy was the last character stop. I know some people love him but I don’t share those feelings. I had bypassed Genie since I got my picture taken with him before and figured there would be one stop before the finish line and even said ”Duffy?? NO!”
Yep, vacation genie was out for every race.

A fun MK morning!

After getting cleaned up and warmed up from the race that morning it was time to head to MK for some fun! Some of my friends were already in the park. And a two stayed back and waited for me.

IMG_1865JPG.jpg

IMG_1867JPG.jpg

IMG_1868JPG.jpg

The park had just opened not too long ago so it was still pretty quiet. We decided to head for Big Thunder Mountain first thing. MK did have early extra magic hours that morning but Big Thunder didn't open early for some reason so there was a back up of people when we arrived.

IMG_1869JPG.jpg

IMG_1871JPG.jpg

IMG_1872JPG.jpg

We were seated in the back.

IMG_1873JPG.jpg

After the wildest ride in the wilderness we headed to meet up with the others and grab a bite to eat.

IMG_1874JPG.jpg

I got the Chocolate Croissant from Gastons. I wanted the cinnamon roll but since we would be walking and eating this was a better option.

We then headed to the Barnstormer which is a favorite of one of the people in my group.

IMG_1875JPG.jpg

Continued in next post...

Attachments

• IMG_1870JPG.jpg
    IMG_1870JPG.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 6
A fun MK morning!

Here we all are packed on this little kiddie coaster. 5 adults...

IMG_1879JPG.jpg

IMG_1880JPG.jpg

After that we headed for the train. I have always loved the train. I could just sit and do a couple loops around MK and be happy.

IMG_1882JPG.jpg

We got off in Frontierland I believe and headed for Tomorrowland to do Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin!

IMG_1883JPG.jpg

IMG_2504JPG.jpg

I apparently was intensely looking at my score.

We decided to go and meet Buzz Lightyear after.

IMG_2506JPG.jpg

Buzz wanted to race...

IMG_2507JPG.jpg

IMG_2508JPG.jpg

As we headed out of MK the Move it Shake it Dance Party was rolling through.

IMG_1893JPG.jpg

We also stopped in a few of the shops on Main Street and the Confectionary.

IMG_1896JPG.jpg

We left MK after that and headed back to the room. After this we would split apart for a bit as I was headed to do the Star Wars VR experience at Disney Springs and the rest would head to Epcot.

Up Next: This is literally out of this world!

Great recap of the 10K. I love to think I could run that someday but...Haha it's doubtful. But I am hopeful! :confused3

Love the pictures from MK. You all match in your jackets lol. Cute that Buzz wanted to race! I am a huge fan of the Move it, Shake it parade! When I was there last weekend, one of the MISI floats was stuck on the circle around the hub. It was 7:15pm and it had been stuck there since the last parade! It finally moved before Once Upon a Time started at 7:30.

The park had just opened not too long ago so it was still pretty quiet. We decided to head for Big Thunder Mountain first thing. MK did have early extra magic hours that morning but Big Thunder didn't open early for some reason so there was a back up of people when we arrived.

Adventureland, Liberty Square, and Frontierland do not open for EMH. The only areas that are open are Main Street, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland.

Love the pictures. I agree about the train! I can really stay on it for a couple trips around the park.

Are you doing any more RunDisney events this year?

I am probably going to do Wine and Dine as well.

Great recap of the 10K. I love to think I could run that someday but...Haha it's doubtful. But I am hopeful! :confused3

Love the pictures from MK. You all match in your jackets lol. Cute that Buzz wanted to race! I am a huge fan of the Move it, Shake it parade! When I was there last weekend, one of the MISI floats was stuck on the circle around the hub. It was 7:15pm and it had been stuck there since the last parade! It finally moved before Once Upon a Time started at 7:30.

You can do it!

I am not a big fan of MISI but we watched it roll through.

Adventureland, Liberty Square, and Frontierland do not open for EMH. The only areas that are open are Main Street, Tomorrowland, and Fantasyland.

Love the pictures. I agree about the train! I can really stay on it for a couple trips around the park.
Good to know. It has been a very long time since I have done morning EMH.

This is literally out of this world!

Another Diser and I (@AMusicLifeForMe) had discovered we would both be down at WDW at the same time so we decided to meet up and do the Star Wars VR experience put on by The Void at Disney Springs that had opened in December. I had arrived at Disney Springs just before 1PM and out scheduled time was at 1:15PM. I sat on a bench outside the experience waiting until it was time.

IMG_1901JPG.jpg

Across the way was the Christmas Tree Trail. I really wanted to check this out again this year but I never made it back to Disney Springs this trip which I was disappointed about.

IMG_1902JPG.jpg

We went inside and checked in before our time and were greeted with a wait.

IMG_1907JPG.jpg

Apparently they did not have all of their show rooms running so this meant a bit of a longer wait time. We ended up getting in about 30 minutes after our scheduled time. There were several people in line who were very upset about how long it was taking since they had scheduled a specific time for this and had plans elsewhere.

Once inside you are "briefed" by characters from Rogue One. You are then equipped with your virtual reality gear. You have a head set and essentially a backpack that powers everything and helps you "feel" the experience.

You go in and you are fully immersed within the story. Everything you see up, down, left and right is part of the VR. Even when lifting up your hands it makes it appear that you are actually wearing a storm trooper suit.

Inside you are also given a blaster which works very well when shooting things. You have to move around often and even sit on one point. You walk on platforms where it looks like you would fall off into lava on either side.

It truly was an incredibly experience and I cannot wait for Galaxy's Edge. I highly recommend it if you can try it out while it is at Disney Springs. The cost is $30 before axes and fees.

IMG_2632.JPG

We parted ways and I was headed back to Epcot with a pre-stop at Hurricane Hannahs for the DIS meet up.

I took the Beach Club bus from Disney Springs which for some reason took a very long time. Once at Hurricane Hannahs I got to talk a bit with @Chris-Mo but unfortunately he was really the only one I got to speak with as I had to head to Epcot for an ADR at Teppan Edo. I also dropped off something for @Keels at the meet up. I really wish I would have had more time to mingle with all the great Disers from the race weekend.

I headed into Epcot as I was running late for the ADR in which my friends were already at. Turns out I wasn't late though as we were seated 30 minutes after our ADR time. That was something I had never experienced before.

IMG_1909JPG.jpg

This was my first time at Teppan Edo or an Asian place at Disney for that matter. My family is not keen on on that type of food so we have never been to any of those places.

IMG_1910JPG.jpg

We ended up having this very drunk person at the table next to us. It was annoying but also the joke of our table for the meal.

IMG_1912JPG.jpg

Our chef made an Olaf for us while singing Do You Wanna Build a Snowman.

IMG_1914JPG.jpg

IMG_1918JPG.jpg

I ended up getting the chicken which I apparently never got a picture of. The meal was very good just not my favorite of the trip. I wasn't huge on the noodle they had but probably because I am not used them. I would go back again but its not on the tops of my list.

We spent the rest of the evening in Epcot.

Up Next: An Epcot Evening

Attachments

• IMG_1916JPG.jpg
    IMG_1916JPG.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 7
It was great to see you again!

My friend and I ended up taking the Yacht/Beach Club bus as well after we stopped into World of Disney. We waited 40 minutes for our bus to arrive when other bus stops were getting 2-3 busses in that timeframe.

Teppan Edo is one of my favorite places.

An Epcot Evening

After learning about agriculture it was time to head towards Norway for our Frozen Ever After FP! I miss Maelstrom and still don't agree with Frozen in Norway but it is a good attraction.

IMG_1930JPG.jpg

IMG_1932JPG.jpg

My iPhone pictures did not turn out well on this ride.

IMG_1942JPG.jpg

IMG_1945JPG.jpg

IMG_1949JPG.jpg

IMG_2509JPG.jpg

After Frozen Ever After we headed into the bakery. I didn't get anything but my friends did.

IMG_1952JPG.jpg

We noticed there was literally no wait time to meet Anna and Elsa so we headed into meet them. This would be my first time ever meeting them

IMG_2510JPG.jpg

IMG_2512JPG.jpg

Continued in next post...

An Epcot Evening

We stopped in Mexico next to visit the Three Caballeros next.

IMG_1956JPG.jpg

IMG_1959JPG.jpg

IMG_1960JPG.jpg

IMG_1964JPG.jpg

IMG_1965JPG.jpg

IMG_1967JPG.jpg

IMG_1968JPG.jpg

I had a FP for Spaceship Earth next as my friends continued through some shops and stuff. After getting to SSE I noticed a very long line even for FP which surprised me. I decided I didn't want to wait and headed for the monorail to head back to the room to go to sleep. At the monorail station I found @ZellyB and @Chris-Mo also heading back. I got my stuff ready for the half the next day and went to bed.

Up Next: Half Marathon recap!

It was great to see you again!

My friend and I ended up taking the Yacht/Beach Club bus as well after we stopped into World of Disney. We waited 40 minutes for our bus to arrive when other bus stops were getting 2-3 busses in that timeframe.

Teppan Edo is one of my favorite places.

It was great to see you too!

Yeah I didn't understand why those buses were taking so long.

It was very nice just not one of my favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter