Dopey Shenanigans! A Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend TR (Completed-videos added)

Joining in, I enjoy your reports and pictures. AK is my favorite park for all the reasons you named above, it is so awesome. You really got some interactive animal photos on the Safari, great job! It is snowing and cold here so I sure miss AK.

Joining in, I enjoy your reports and pictures. AK is my favorite park for all the reasons you named above, it is so awesome. You really got some interactive animal photos on the Safari, great job! It is snowing and cold here so I sure miss AK.
Thanks for joining in! We are about to get a snow storm so I am missing AK as well.

AK is my DD’s favorite park as well
Your safari shots are beautiful
That’s so cool about the baby hippo being born
When we went last March we had a cold front come through with temps in the 40’s
I remember seeing both the male lion and the females up walking around
Maybe it does have to do with cooler temperatures

AK is my DD’s favorite park as well
Your safari shots are beautiful
That’s so cool about the baby hippo being born
When we went last March we had a cold front come through with temps in the 40’s
I remember seeing both the male lion and the females up walking around
Maybe it does have to do with cooler temperatures
Thanks! Cool temperatures could definitely have an impact. It's interesting to hear everyones accounts on when the animals are most active.

Yes, I just saw the news about the new baby hippo! I wonder when she/he will be out to see (Id love to get a chance to see it on my upcoming trip). I just found out about Fiona the Hippo’s connection to AK, so I guess this new baby is her Aunt or Uncle (Henry is Fiona’s grandpa).

Yes, I just saw the news about the new baby hippo! I wonder when she/he will be out to see (Id love to get a chance to see it on my upcoming trip). I just found out about Fiona the Hippo’s connection to AK, so I guess this new baby is her Aunt or Uncle (Henry is Fiona’s grandpa).
It will probably be a month or two before they put the baby on display. It took a while with Stella the elephant and the new baby tigers.

Great photos! I was at Animal Kingdom after the 5k too and the crowds were insane. I had some photos from Pandora that never showed up that day also. Did Everest ever get back up and running while you were there? I had used all my fastpass by 2:30 and just headed back to the hotel after that because of the crowds.

I'm so behind on here but jumping into your report!

Man, that expo looked insane on Wednesday. We didn't go till Friday afternoon and yeah Dopey stuff was gone but some shirts & the Red marathon jacket/hoodie things and that Mickey figurine was gone. No lines though, but you could tell prime stuff was picked over. It's too bad the personal shoppers/ebayers stalk up, like who buys a magnet for $100 on ebay?!?

Great 5k in the cold! I saw someone's photo of them wrighting in the frost that morning, crazy!

Awesome animal photos! I love DAK as well!

I love AK too! And we had a very lively safari on the Friday after the 10K! The giraffes kept criss-crossing in front of our jeep! It was amazing!
As usual your shots are unreal! Especially the close ups of the lions, I have yet to see one on safari that wasn't asleep atop a rock. LOL! I think a night visit is definitely in order.

Great photos! I was at Animal Kingdom after the 5k too and the crowds were insane. I had some photos from Pandora that never showed up that day also. Did Everest ever get back up and running while you were there? I had used all my fastpass by 2:30 and just headed back to the hotel after that because of the crowds.

Yeah I couldn’t believe how crowded it was. Everest got back up during our FP time. They stopped letting people in the standby because the FP was so backed up.

following!

Thanks for joining in!

I'm so behind on here but jumping into your report!

Man, that expo looked insane on Wednesday. We didn't go till Friday afternoon and yeah Dopey stuff was gone but some shirts & the Red marathon jacket/hoodie things and that Mickey figurine was gone. No lines though, but you could tell prime stuff was picked over. It's too bad the personal shoppers/ebayers stalk up, like who buys a magnet for $100 on ebay?!?

Great 5k in the cold! I saw someone's photo of them wrighting in the frost that morning, crazy!

Awesome animal photos! I love DAK as well!

Yeah I don’t understand the demand for a magnet outside of the weekend but whatever.

Yes it was very cold but we survived!

Thanks!

I love AK too! And we had a very lively safari on the Friday after the 10K! The giraffes kept criss-crossing in front of our jeep! It was amazing!
As usual your shots are unreal! Especially the close ups of the lions, I have yet to see one on safari that wasn't asleep atop a rock. LOL! I think a night visit is definitely in order.
Thanks! This is the first safari in a long time that the lion was actually moving about.

Animal Kingdom is a great park. One of my favorite things to do in Animal Kingdom is walk through the Tree of Life Garden. It’s such a nice quaint area where you can relax and get so close to the tree of life. In August I got some awesome pictures there. Ryan, you also got some great pictures from your safari ride.

Animal Kingdom is a great park. One of my favorite things to do in Animal Kingdom is walk through the Tree of Life Garden. It’s such a nice quaint area where you can relax and get so close to the tree of life. In August I got some awesome pictures there. Ryan, you also got some great pictures from your safari ride.
Yes I love walking through the pathways around the tree!

View attachment 294799

He began to roar!

Only problem is their roars are incredibly underwhelming. It sounded more like the lion puffing up a hair ball or something. The driver said she assumed we would be underwhelmed. Oh well it was very cool to see him moving around and making noises though!

That would conclude our safari. It was about noon and we were all hungry. Our ADR for Tiffins wasn't until 1PM but we decided to see if we could be seated early.

Up Next: Welcome back!

I find that the male lion just kind of grunts, it's not a full roar.

Dec. 2016 we were on a nighttime safari and the female lion was agitated about something. She stood up and was roaring at the top of her lungs. The driver said when they roar like that it can be heard 6 miles away. She kept doing it over and over. We could still hear her when we were unloading at the end of the ride. It was pretty awesome!

I find that the male lion just kind of grunts, it's not a full roar.

Dec. 2016 we were on a nighttime safari and the female lion was agitated about something. She stood up and was roaring at the top of her lungs. The driver said when they roar like that it can be heard 6 miles away. She kept doing it over and over. We could still hear her when we were unloading at the end of the ride. It was pretty awesome!
Yeah it definitely sounded more like a grunt.

That sounds like an awesome experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter