If you focus on what you left behind, you will never be able to see what lies ahead

Ok a week without running and I feel like the most unfit person on the planet. I'm sure it has nothing to with

DCL.jpg Palo dinner.jpg Palo dessert.jpg carsundae.jpg View attachment 237885

or

The rum we brought home
rum.jpg

or what it was turned into
rumcake.jpg

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

But hey there was some island "running"

View attachment 237887

Ok back to reality, I have a new training plan and a new "A" race. That race is the Great Chocolate Race on September 2nd. And the new goal is to get under the marathon POT. It is a 10 miler so the goal will be 1:57:33 or a pace of 11:45. According to Mcmillan with the time from my last half I am capable of 2:03:54 or a pace of 12:23. I have confidence that I can shave that time off in 3.5 months. I am going to buckle down and really focus this training cycle. The only other races I have are Run for the Pies 5k on 6/10 and Bridge of Lions 5k on 7/15 and I am not racing either of them. I am not a fan of summer races down here in FL so it is easy to stay away from them.

I am also 4 months away from PARIS!! Still waiting on the registrations to come through :confused:, seriously Disney anytime now. The challenge medal was revealed :love: and I am so torn. I don't want to do it because I want to enjoy my time in Paris and I think adding the 10k will put more stress on the vacation but on the other hand FOMO. I guess we will see what happens when registration opens.

Last edited:

I'm back into the swing of things, ready to tackle this new training cycle and get an awesome marathon POT!!

This past week has been pretty easy and uneventful for the most part but I will break it down for you guys.

5/15- I was suppose to start training this day BUT we had just gotten off of the ship and I was not ready to be done with vacation just yet.

5/16- 3 miles @ Easy B- With a brand new PR came a new set of training paces. My new B pace is 14:32. My actual paces were 13:22, 13:54, 13:06. Not sure why I was running so fast. I think I was just excited to be back running, I also had new shoes on which might have had something to do with it as well. It was time to replace shoes since I was having some arch pain after running. I had stocked up on Asics Evate 3s when they clearanced them in December so I just had to pull them out of my closet. Sadly I just learned those shoes have been discontinued so next time I need shoes I am going to be starting from scratch. Again.

5/17- Rest day

5/18- 2.5 miles at Easy A (new goal 15:31) actual times 16:15, 14:51, 7:38. Apparently I am having trouble hitting my paces this week. Or maybe it was because there was so much cool wildlife out that night. First I saw a fox
fox.jpg
I was so excited to see him because there was a family of foxes that I would see every night on my runs but then I didn't see them for months so I was worried something happened to them.

After the fox I saw a dead coral snake. I didn't take a picture because yuck but I had never seen one in the wild before.

Then I saw a tortoise. The tortoise was so neat, they are an endangered species. I watched him go into his burrow and later contacted FL fish and wildlife to let them know he was there. This also means they can't develop the property he was on and we are super happy about that!

IMG_6618.jpg

5/19- 3 miles @ Easy B, paces were 14:31, 14:19 & 14:09

5/20- 2.5 miles @ Easy A- This was suppose to be a rest day but I switched it with Sunday so I could go to the AP preview for Pandora. Paces were 15:05, 14:44 & 7:25

5/21- Pandora Day!- I had a great time with DD3. They spaced out the guests so it was not crowded at all and we walked on the river ride 3 times.

View attachment 239727 entrance.jpg River entrance.jpg View attachment 239724 View attachment 239722 View attachment 239725 water fall.jpg creatures.jpg

5/22- 3 miles @ Easy A. This run was with DS10 in the rain. I can't complain too much about it because it has been at least a month since we have had any rain. Also DS10 couldn't run with me for awhile because he had Pneumonia and then Strep but he is making up for that now. My paces were 15:29, 15:25 & 15:32

5/23- 3.5 @ Easy B. I love running with DS10 but I was glad he didn't want to come this time. I missed my quiet time. I also found this new podcast called Team Shenanigans, they run all of the runDisney events and are hilarious. My paces were 14:30, 14:04, 13:52 & 6:59

5/24- Rest​

Last edited:
Ahh PANDORA!? How awesome was it??
It was pretty cool, they really knocked it out of the park with the theming. With that said there is no way I would I wait 2 hours just to get into Pandora. The river ride was amazing but a little on the short side. Unfortunately I didn't get to do the Banshee ride because DD3 wasn't tall enough, I would love to see if it lives up to the hype but I don't think that will be happening anytime soon.

Great training update. Love your wildlife shots. I love it when we seen animals out while we are running.

Pandora seems awesome and really nice that you got to enjoy it with lower crowds. I'm excited to explore it when we are there in January.

Wow it has been forever since I have posted on here! Life has been crazy busy lately. Let me try to recap some of it for you guys.

On May 29th I ran a 5k. It was a last minute decision and I decided I was going to try to get in one last PR before the summer heat got really bad. It was a hot one- 78 degrees with 90% humidity. It was a shady course but there were some sunny spots that tried to kill me. But I walked away with a new PR 35:54!
Previous PR was 36:34. The 3 oldest kids also did the one mile fun run, which they all enjoyed.

View attachment 245926
Doesn't Nathan (orange shirt) look like he is having so much fun hahaha, he did find a classmate later and then he really did have fun​

The following two weeks were the end of school. I think I was up there just about every day to volunteer for parties or watch the kids get their awards. We also fostered a kitten that we ended up adopting

View attachment 245927
His name is Copper and when we got him he was all banged up from being in a fight with something but now he is perfect!

I also booked a trip to NYC for me and DD5. She has been dying to go for years because her name is Dylann and there is a candy store up there named Dylan's Candy Bar. When I was pregnant with my Dylann we had gone to NYC and the bag from the store sat on my dresser for months. So I am sure that had a little something to do with her name. My Dylann saw the bag one day when we were going through old things and ever since has asked me when I am going to take her to her candy shop. So July 1st we are headed to the big apple. We also might see Aladdin on Broadway because we can't have a trip without a little Disney now can we?!

I also found this crossbody purse and luggage tag at the Coach store to take to NYC​

Mickey Bag.jpg
tag.jpg

On June 10th I ran another 5k. This one was the Run For the Pies. They have it every year in Jax and before the regular 5k they hold a Nike Championship 5k. It is a loop course and so much fun to watch the Championship runners. DH, DS10 and I got there about an hour before our race. We did a one mile warm up and then found a seat on the curb to watch. The plan for my race going into the run was to make it a fun run for the three of us but it ended up being a cloudy evening with a breeze. The temp was 80 and the humidity was 85% but at the start it felt so much better than the Memorial Day race. So I talked it over with the guys and decided to go for it. DS10 was also determined to get a PR. He stuck with me for at least 2 miles before the heat got to him. He did end up with a PR and I am so proud of him because he ran his own race. When we parted ways he didn't wait for his dad, he kept on. That's a big step for him :) I also ended up with a PR 34:57!! Sadly no one in the family was fast enough to win a pie :( With these PRs in the heat I can't wait to see what I can do when the weather cools down.

After school ended it was time for my boys to fly to my parents. This was DS7's first time flying alone and DS10's second. It was still nerve wracking for me. Plus I had to drive them two hours to MCO so they could be on a direct flight. Here they are getting on the plane
View attachment 245935

The boys did great and were on the ground there before I even got home. I have to give a big shoutout to Southwest, they did an awesome job with them. Last time we used United and I was less than impressed.

That was a week ago. Since then we are fostering two more kitten (that will go back this time). DH and I have been enjoying time with are three littlest ones that are at home and spoiling them. DD3 is turning 4 tomorrow!! I have to make her a Barbie dress cake.

I have also decided that enough is enough with sugar. I have had this unhealthy battle with sugar my whole life. 9 days ago I came across an article about kicking the sugar habit and I decided to follow the author's advice. I did a 3 day detox of no sugar foods. I got through it pretty well. I didn't cave but there were some ugly cravings and mood swings. Now I am slowly adding natural sugar foods back into my diet. Fruit has never tasted so sweet. I am on day 8 and I have lost 7lbs! I think that just goes to show just how much sugar I was consuming.

As far as training, things are looking good. The weather is in full summer mode now. Either extremely hot or thunderstorms. I had to miss my Saturday run because of lightning. I don't play around with that and it is pretty much the only reason I will miss a run. Yesterday I did a 4 mile long run along the river with DH. My legs felt so heavy and I think it might have something to do with my diet. I decided to add my chocolate milk recovery drink back into my routine for now. I had one after that run and made sure to take in more healthy carbs today and my run this afternoon was much better.

In runDisney news- I have decided to add the Wine and Dine 10k to my schedule. I am happy I get to see my girl @TeeterTots again as she will be running it too. Sadly we will not be running together this time as she is much more speedy than me but I'll get there one day!! I also booked my hotels for Marathon Weekend, POP for the first two nights I am alone and then Contemporary for the last 3 with DH. DLP opened registration so it looks that is all going to work out. rD had me worried for a minute with registration opening so late and then lots of problems with the website. AND they released medals today :love: they all looks so good!! I cannot wait to have that Castle to Chateau around my neck.

I have also added a new pair of running shoes into my rotation. The Asics Gel Cumulus 18
shoes.jpg

I got a random $30 coupon from Zappos (this is the second time I have gotten one and have no idea why because I rarely order from them) and they were on sale so I only paid $65 for them. Asics discontinued my Evates that I have been wearing and NB change the model that I was wearing in their shoes so I had to try something new. I have only had a chance to run in them once but so far so good.

Hope everyone is having a good summer so far!

Last edited:
The 3 oldest kids also did the one mile fun run, which they all enjoyed.
LMAO @ DS7 so awesome! PS his Harry Potter glasses look more and more HPish every time I see them! ;)

He did end up with a PR and I am so proud of him because he ran his own race. When we parted ways he didn't wait for his dad, he kept on. That's a big step for him :) I also ended up with a PR 34:57!! Sadly no one in the family was fast enough to win a pie :(
SO PROUD OF LIAM! And you, and you're totally right when it's nice weather, you're going to crush it. Our days of running together ( :rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:) are probably over. but again, I say, Fargo Marathon, all courses: Fast and Flat!!! ;)

The Asics Gel Cumulus 18
:lovestruc any and all that have weather related names make me want them.

You keep adding things on W&D it makes me more envious!! I still stand by my "only would run this half if it was still at night" but....HOLIDAYS!

Great update!!!

Wow it has been forever since I have posted on here! Life has been crazy busy lately. Let me try to recap some of it for you guys.

On May 29th I ran a 5k. It was a last minute decision and I decided I was going to try to get in one last PR before the summer heat got really bad. It was a hot one- 78 degrees with 90% humidity. It was a shady course but there were some sunny spots that tried to kill me. But I walked away with a new PR 35:54!
Previous PR was 36:34. The 3 oldest kids also did the one mile fun run, which they all enjoyed.

View attachment 245926
Doesn't Nathan (orange shirt) look like he is having so much fun hahaha, he did find a classmate later and then he really did have fun​

The following two weeks were the end of school. I think I was up there just about every day to volunteer for parties or watch the kids get their awards. We also fostered a kitten that we ended up adopting

View attachment 245927
His name is Copper and when we got him he was all banged up from being in a fight with something but now he is perfect!

I also booked a trip to NYC for me and DD5. She has been dying to go for years because her name is Dylann and there is a candy store up there named Dylan's Candy Bar. When I was pregnant with my Dylann we had gone to NYC and the bag from the store sat on my dresser for months. So I am sure that had a little something to do with her name. My Dylann saw the bag one day when we were going through old things and ever since has asked me when I am going to take her to her candy shop. So July 1st we are headed to the big apple. We also might see Aladdin on Broadway because we can't have a trip without a little Disney now can we?!

I also found this crossbody purse and luggage tag at the Coach store to take to NYC​

View attachment 245932

On June 10th I ran another 5k. This one was the Run For the Pies. They have it every year in Jax and before the regular 5k they hold a Nike Championship 5k. It is a loop course and so much fun to watch the Championship runners. DH, DS10 and I got there about an hour before our race. We did a one mile warm up and then found a seat on the curb to watch. The plan for my race going into the run was to make it a fun run for the three of us but it ended up being a cloudy evening with a breeze. The temp was 80 and the humidity was 85% but at the start it felt so much better than the Memorial Day race. So I talked it over with the guys and decided to go for it. DS10 was also determined to get a PR. He stuck with me for at least 2 miles before the heat got to him. He did end up with a PR and I am so proud of him because he ran his own race. When we parted ways he didn't wait for his dad, he kept on. That's a big step for him :) I also ended up with a PR 34:57!! Sadly no one in the family was fast enough to win a pie :( With these PRs in the heat I can't wait to see what I can do when the weather cools down.

After school ended it was time for my boys to fly to my parents. This was DS7's first time flying alone and DS10's second. It was still nerve wracking for me. Plus I had to drive them two hours to MCO so they could be on a direct flight. Here they are getting on the plane
View attachment 245935

The boys did great and were on the ground there before I even got home. I have to give a big shoutout to Southwest, they did an awesome job with them. Last time we used United and I was less than impressed.

That was a week ago. Since then we are fostering two more kitten (that will go back this time). DH and I have been enjoying time with are three littlest ones that are at home and spoiling them. DD3 is turning 4 tomorrow!! I have to make her a Barbie dress cake.

I have also decided that enough is enough with sugar. I have had this unhealthy battle with sugar my whole life. 9 days ago I came across an article about kicking the sugar habit and I decided to follow the author's advice. I did a 3 day detox of no sugar foods. I got through it pretty well. I didn't cave but there were some ugly cravings and mood swings. Now I am slowly adding natural sugar foods back into my diet. Fruit has never tasted so sweet. I am on day 8 and I have lost 7lbs! I think that just goes to show just how much sugar I was consuming.

As far as training, things are looking good. The weather is in full summer mode now. Either extremely hot or thunderstorms. I had to miss my Saturday run because of lightning. I don't play around with that and it is pretty much the only reason I will miss a run. Yesterday I did a 4 mile long run along the river with DH. My legs felt so heavy and I think it might have something to do with my diet. I decided to add my chocolate milk recovery drink back into my routine for now. I had one after that run and made sure to take in more healthy carbs today and my run this afternoon was much better.

In runDisney news- I have decided to add the Wine and Dine 10k to my schedule. I am happy I get to see my girl @TeeterTots again as she will be running it too. Sadly we will not be running together this time as she is much more speedy than me but I'll get there one day!! I also booked my hotels for Marathon Weekend, POP for the first two nights I am alone and then Contemporary for the last 3 with DH. DLP opened registration so it looks that is all going to work out. rD had me worried for a minute with registration opening so late and then lots of problems with the website. AND they released medals today :love: they all looks so good!! I cannot wait to have that Castle to Chateau around my neck.

I have also added a new pair of running shoes into my rotation. The Asics Gel Cumulus 18
View attachment 245937

I got a random $30 coupon from Zappos (this is the second time I have gotten one and have no idea why because I rarely order from them) and they were on sale so I only paid $65 for them. Asics discontinued my Evates that I have been wearing and NB change the model that I was wearing in their shoes so I had to try something new. I have only had a chance to run in them once but so far so good.

Hope everyone is having a good summer so far!

Most important first......your kids are absolutely adorable! Your boys must have felt s grown up traveling to their grandparents.

So happy for your new PRs! As I've said to you before....I don't know how you deal with that humidity! Until I started to run outside this past week after YEARS of exclusively treadmill running, I didn't really pay much attention to the humidity, or weather at all. It isn't nearly as hot and humid here in New Jersey as it is in Florida but the humidity here last week was 96% on a couple of days! Now thanks to @DopeyBadger, I have learned about such things as dew point and impact on pace, etc. I don't think I will do the majority of runs outside but Billy asked if I'd be willing to do some runs outside when he put together my training plan and so there I went.

With the sneakers, you may already do this but I'll just mention that I'd recommend having several pairs to rotate. I have four pairs in rotation with different levels of wear and I take my very best two pairs to race weekends.

And with regard to the Coach bag and tag...I'm not admitting anything here but I MAY have traveled to four different Coach outlets to get the Disney X items that I wanted. I MAY have bought the cross body small black bag for my disney trips and I could possibly have bought the Mickey cosmetic bag and I could even have bought the little black wristlet and the white one too and maybe even some of the bag tags to hang on my plain black every day bag. This is all hypothetical of course. Great minds just might think alike.

I have also decided that enough is enough with sugar.
I so admire you. I wish I had that willpower!

The weather is in full summer mode now.
I grew up a swimmer, so summer was awesome. Running now? Summer isn't so great. ;)

In runDisney news- I have decided to add the Wine and Dine 10k to my schedule.
Yay! Fun!

I got a random $30 coupon from Zappos (this is the second time I have gotten one and have no idea why because I rarely order from them
I had the same thing and also rarely order from them! I just ordered a new pair of my beloved Asics GT 2000 last night!! Woo!

but again, I say, Fargo Marathon, all courses: Fast and Flat!!! ;)
It's definitely on my list for my 50 states goal. Maybe next year depending on what happens with RD DL.

Great update!!!
Thanks!!

your kids are absolutely adorable!
Thank you :)

I don't know how you deal with that humidity!
It is getting rough out there, last night my run didn't go so great. I think I might be pushing too hard in the heat and humidity.

And with regard to the Coach bag and tag...I'm not admitting anything here but I MAY have traveled to four different Coach outlets to get the Disney X items that I wanted. I MAY have bought the cross body small black bag for my disney trips and I could possibly have bought the Mickey cosmetic bag and I could even have bought the little black wristlet and the white one too and maybe even some of the bag tags to hang on my plain black every day bag. This is all hypothetical of course. Great minds just might think alike.
:worship: I wanted the crossbody with the ears and some of the wallets but I think DH would have disowned me if I picked anything else up.

Great minds just might think alike.
::yes::

I so admire you. I wish I had that willpower!
Thanks! I should have done this a long time ago. I honestly don't know where the strength came from to actually follow through this time. Maybe it is the PRs and knowing I can be even faster if I drop some lbs.

Running now? Summer isn't so great. ;)
YES!! I keep asking myself was it this bad last year?! I'm sure it was, my selective memory is showing.

I had the same thing and also rarely order from them! I just ordered a new pair of my beloved Asics GT 2000 last night!! Woo!
WooHoo for free money!!! I am definitely not complaining but it is weird to keep getting them. DH loves Asics GT 2000, they are all he will run in.

Yesterday I ran my 10th half marathon. While I was out there I decided it was time to resurrect this training journal so I could chronicle my new journey.

Over a month ago I got an email from RnR saying their 2018 Vegas race was on sale for $99. I ran the half marathon in 2016 and had so much fun. While I was at the finish line I noticed that the full runners were getting jackets and I immediately wanted one. So I swore to myself I would be back. The only problem was the RnR Vegas full has a time limit of 5 hours and my marathon PR is 6:28:36 :scared1: so I put that dream on the back burner and made other running goals. When I saw that email I decided now is the time to see that dream realized. I am giving myself one year to get fast enough to finish that marathon.

Now I have made huge improves in my times so I am not going from a 6:28 to sub 5. My latest half PR is equivalent to a 5:27 according to Mcmillian, but Disney may tell you something different :rotfl:

Hope you guys enjoy following along!

Yesterday I ran my 10th half marathon. While I was out there I decided it was time to resurrect this training journal so I could chronicle my new journey.

Over a month ago I got an email from RnR saying their 2018 Vegas race was on sale for $99. I ran the half marathon in 2016 and had so much fun. While I was at the finish line I noticed that the full runners were getting jackets and I immediately wanted one. So I swore to myself I would be back. The only problem was the RnR Vegas full has a time limit of 5 hours and my marathon PR is 6:28:36 :scared1: so I put that dream on the back burner and made other running goals. When I saw that email I decided now is the time to see that dream realized. I am giving myself one year to get fast enough to finish that marathon.

Now I have made huge improves in my times so I am not going from a 6:28 to sub 5. My latest half PR is equivalent to a 5:27 according to Mcmillian, but Disney may tell you something different :rotfl:

Hope you guys enjoy following along!

:woohoo:

Keep putting in the hard work and all those dreams will come true! Got big plans for the Spring! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!