Door and window decorating -is this even a thing at AoA suites

qv09vvp

Disney or Bust
We have a suite scheduled this december...and in the past we've stayed in value rooms & always decorated our door with something. we get enjoyment out of sharing our decorations plus we like others to have a little shared magic...

However, with the AoA suites facing in, i was wondering if this was even a thing? What about the window, it faces a courtyard - so maybe that's more likely?

Anyway, does anyone know if magnets would work on the AoA suite doors?

I don't recall seeing any window or door decorations when we stayed in the suites. If memory serves, I believe the doors are metal so magnets may work.

It's been a few years since we stayed there, so maybe someone with more recent experience will chime in.

You have no window facing in, you do have two facing out. I have never noticed any when we walk through the resort. But if you face the courtyard, where folks walk might be fun, especially if you theme to match your buildings. Like nemo hang a bunch of fish like make it an aquarium ...

If that's what you do, then continue doing it (so long as it's within resort guidelines, and not damaging property obviously)... I would think a decorated door on an interior door would spread some Disney magic to those walking by, along with windows for those who notice.

We stayed in an AoA suite in Dec a couple years ago. We brought hanging hooks(the kind on suction cups) and two small sets of string lights. We framed the windows with these and hung decorations in the middle. We plugged the lights in to timers to come on early evening. It was so much fun walking back to our room at night and seeing our windows all lit up!!

I am a huge proponent of decorating the windows. I stayed at Pop a few years ago during the holiday season and loved how many people decorated. I did notice when we went to AoA that people didn't, but I think you should!!!! Spread the cheer, and hopefully pass along a tradition to other people. I didn't know that people decorated when we went last time, but this year we are going back to Pop in December and we have plans for our window already. I think doing it inspires others to as well, and there is no harm, so I would say definitely go for it!

I was at AoA a few years back on Halloween and there were several room windows decorated. It was great to see. Then we returned after our cruise and stayed at Pop and it was the 1st night of the MVMCP and there were a few rooms sporting Christmas decor - so if you can then go for it. Magnets, suction cups and battery operated lights will be your best options. Have fun!

Has anyone ever had Disney take their window lights down? I seem to remember that coming up on a forum not long ago though I can't find it.
We were hoping to put some solar fairy lights in our windows (two rooms) at ASM next month but I wasn't sure they would allow it.

We have a suite scheduled this december...and in the past we've stayed in value rooms & always decorated our door with something. we get enjoyment out of sharing our decorations plus we like others to have a little shared magic...

However, with the AoA suites facing in, i was wondering if this was even a thing? What about the window, it faces a courtyard - so maybe that's more likely?

Anyway, does anyone know if magnets would work on the AoA suite doors?

Please update when you find out more. We are staying in a Cars suite at AOA in Feb and I had planned to decorate our windows. We've always stayed at POP before, so it didn't even occur to me that somewhere else might NOT decorate. Probably going to do it anyway, but curious what you notice when you're there.

Has anyone ever had Disney take their window lights down? I seem to remember that coming up on a forum not long ago though I can't find it.
We were hoping to put some solar fairy lights in our windows (two rooms) at ASM next month but I wasn't sure they would allow it.
We hung lights in our window at Coronado this past December. They hung there for the entire 10 days without anyone saying anything to us.

We used small suction cups with hooks and a timer that would turn them on/off automatically.

We hung lights in our window at Coronado this past December. They hung there for the entire 10 days without anyone saying anything to us.

We used small suction cups with hooks and a timer that would turn them on/off automatically.

I need to get a timer to turn lights on in our window but I don’t know what to search for on amazon. Any tips?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter